Fitness done !! now the wait
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Goodbye uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Nice one Zulu..... Fingers crossed for you
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:47 am
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Well done mate Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the video conference now. I'm still waiting for a final yes or no to my application - had my VC two weeks ago, references received last week and now busy developing OCD checking my emails 495 times a day Still trying to be all zen about it but failing miserably and turning in to a bag of nerves waiting to hear if I'm going to be offered a job or not. They asked me if I'd be available for a december start and I said yes but as each week drags on, that's looking less and less likely, after all, I'm not going to give notice on the house/ job and start sorting stuff until I've got a firm offer, who would ??
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:53 am
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in the same situation as you... Said yes for the december induction...But still only a few news from SJAA (I've got a mail a week ago that they are currently preparing my contract)... But we're still "hopeful"
Good Luck Twinsdad...
See you at induction course in Dec, for sure
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:10 am
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hater
We're in the same situation as you... Said yes for the december induction...But still only a few news from SJAA (I've got a mail a week ago that they are currently preparing my contract)... But we're still "hopeful"
Good Luck Twinsdad...
See you at induction course in Dec, for sure
Starting to think I've blown it somehow - haven't had anything about contracts, just ' your file is with a director for final approval' and that was a week ago
If they're putting your contract together then get the champagne out !!! Still hoping for december but would need a job offer in the next 2/3 weeks at latest and that would still give me only 4 weeks to close down everything in the UK,sort all house stuff, get visa, sort flights, sort family etc etc - If we do make the december start lets have that beer
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:12 am
Account Closed

"just ' your file is with a director for final approval'" = Putting together the contract..

Get ready to have certified copies of all documents you submited to them. (at least you don't have to translate them certified...I have to..which is quite expensive..)
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:19 am
Perth WA

Originally Posted by hater
"just ' your file is with a director for final approval'" = Putting together the contract..

Get ready to have certified copies of all documents you submited to them. (at least you don't have to translate them certified...I have to..which is quite expensive..)
Oh is that what it means are you sure ? Don't know if I'm being dim but but I took it that final approval meant just that - I prefer your version though
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Have heard that HR have such a lot on at the moment, so that's prob why you're all waiting longer than normal.
There is a lot of new Ambo officers coming in ready for their uni graduate courses to start etc, all having interviews etc.
Good luck to you all.

Hater, glad to see it's moving for you a bit faster now!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:53 am
Account Closed

BTW: If you look to the bigredskypage of HR you see that they also seach for new recruitment consultants..Seems like they really need more hands
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:10 pm
Perth WA

On a lighter note, I was examining a bloke yesterday, true story -

Him: since I had my stroke I've had short term memory loss.
Me: oh ok.
Him: yeah I have to take tablets for it.
Me: Oh ok what are they called?
Him: Dunno I can't remember.

I nearly died
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Can beat that...
This patient is NOT DEMENTED... 63y,male..

"What happend before you fainted?"
"I took my tablets"
"What do you took?"
"I don't know the name. But I always faint when I take them."

"Why do you take them then?"
"I don't know."
"Who told you to take them?"
"I don't know, but I know it's important to take them."
"Okay, let me summarize the situation. You fainted because of the tablet you took and this is happens every day when you take the tablet. Is this right?"
"Yes"
"Okay. I think we know both need to see a doctor"
"Why do you need to see a doctor?"
"I might faint now too.."
"Take a tablet, they help".

I love the people here...
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:28 pm
Perth WA

Don't ya just luv em ! it's those little moments that keep you going for days How many times have we seen/heard/said the classic:

Is your dad coming with you?
That's my husband....

Oh

My old crew mate was a nightmare for that one.

Sorry I know it's off topic but I'm still smiling about the memory guy so thought I'd share it with you guys.
One of the things I love about the job really is the people, like the six foot bloke who opened the door wearing a blonde wig, high heels and red dress - with a samurai sword in his hand - talk about having to think on your feet !
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

michael999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,
Passed the fitness and the references are in
It's good to hear there is some movement again and i'm glad to hear you got your video conference hater.
Well done twinsdad - December sounds awful close now....
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:48 pm
Perth WA

Originally Posted by michael999
Hi folks,
Passed the fitness and the references are in
It's good to hear there is some movement again and i'm glad to hear you got your video conference hater.
Well done twinsdad - December sounds awful close now....
Well done you
Looks like we're all moving in the right direction
Old Oct 7th 2011, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Zuluman7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think anyone now seems to be following a set rule for the interview process its all hit and miss !! i don't think they have even requested my references yet ! I was reading on another forum today that someone had a VC booked but had still not had a fitness ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.