British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   West Mids Meet up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/west-mids-meet-up-392489/)

curly Sep 19th 2006 3:47 pm

Re: West Mids Meet up?

It's getting close now, we would have loved to have come so have a drink for us and please have another meet soon :D

skye Sep 19th 2006 5:25 pm

New to site - what do you all do...... we are looking at going to oz and need some advise!

basil Sep 19th 2006 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by skye
New to site - what do you all do...... we are looking at going to oz and need some advise!

Not sure as I am new myself but if the meet happens I am hoping to find out more information then

skye Sep 19th 2006 7:08 pm

What jobs do you all do.....

Originally Posted by basil
Not sure as I am new myself but if the meet happens I am hoping to find out more information then

curly Sep 19th 2006 7:18 pm

Hi :) I'm a hairdresser, my hubby's a mechanical fitter, but we arn't able to go to the meet this time.

N :)

Glenat Sep 20th 2006 7:56 am

Firstly, hello :)

OH is an electrician, I'm a lab technician.

Are you in the West Midlands, and do you fancy coming to the meet up?

It's 30th September at the one and two halves pub in oldbury.

Not sure of a time yet.

thewoodz Sep 20th 2006 8:22 am

HI
OH is a spark i work as an office manager. we still don't know if we will be there as prov agreed to go camping for the weekend so it depends on the weather. if we're not there as Curly says "have a drink for us and have another meet soon."

regards

Clippy Sep 20th 2006 10:09 am

Originally Posted by thewoodz
HI
OH is a spark i work as an office manager. we still don't know if we will be there as prov agreed to go camping for the weekend so it depends on the weather. if we're not there as Curly says "have a drink for us and have another meet soon."

regards

It's going to rain!

busterboy Sep 21st 2006 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies
It's going to rain!

massive wind problems too (end of hurricane gordon - that is) :)

Clippy Sep 21st 2006 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by busterboy
massive wind problems too (end of hurricane gordon - that is) :)

So I hear ;)

thewoodz Sep 22nd 2006 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Clippies
So I hear ;)

hi
you weather forecasters look as if you are right we have cancelled camping so will be there minus daughter who is still camping with the guides :eek:

busterboy Sep 22nd 2006 7:38 am

Originally Posted by thewoodz
hi
you weather forecasters look as if you are right we have cancelled camping so will be there minus daughter who is still camping with the guides :eek:

she's camping from now until the 30th....that sounds like you've enlisted her in some regime not the guides

Glenat Sep 22nd 2006 8:19 am

she's camping from now until the 30th....that sounds like you've enlisted her in some regime not the guides

Sorry to keep on but can we please agree on a time?

Do people want to meet in the afternoon or late afternoon or evening?

And it's still on the 30th (after I confused everyone :o )

thewoodz Sep 22nd 2006 8:28 am

Ha Ha -
Ok Mr Picky she is still going to go camping with the guides on the 30th!! regardless of the weather:D :D
how will we know everyone do we need to carry rolled up newspapers and wear red roses?
it would suit us early evening but we can always just come later if everyone wants to go earlier (we will then spy on you and see what a motley crew you all are before we come over :D :D )

Clippy Sep 22nd 2006 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Glenat
Sorry to keep on but can we please agree on a time?

Do people want to meet in the afternoon or late afternoon or evening?

And it's still on the 30th (after I confused everyone :o )

I think you may be better off emailing everyone who said they were coming - seems to have gone a bit quiet doesn't it