Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

were off to adelaide next week

were off to adelaide next week

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i spent the first 6mths in Adelaide living at Glenelg and loved living there. We rented a house, but i totally agree with Arlene and would never buy there because the houses are a very overinflated price.
I loved the busyness of it in summer and the beach lifestyle it attracted (not to mention the cafes!!) was great. The boys will love the female beach volleyball competitions in summer!!

Saying all this, i live just up the road from Arlene now in Hallett Cove and i really do love the more natural rugged beaches south of the city. Noarlunga being my favourite.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:41 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
i spent the first 6mths in Adelaide living at Glenelg and loved living there. We rented a house, but i totally agree with Arlene and would never buy there because the houses are a very overinflated price.
I loved the busyness of it in summer and the beach lifestyle it attracted (not to mention the cafes!!) was great. The boys will love the female beach volleyball competitions in summer!!

Saying all this, i live just up the road from Arlene now in Hallett Cove and i really do love the more natural rugged beaches south of the city. Noarlunga being my favourite.
Hi PP
I thought Glenelg a really nice place even though it was raining and Blowing a gale.
I thought it very expensive though.
I am sure there are more affordable and nice suburbs unfortunately did not really have time to see very much.

Best wishes

G
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Jason & Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved to Adelaide from the UK 7 weeks and we are having a ball. We will gladly answer any questions on Adelaide and our experience so far if we can.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

We were looking at Halletts Cove and south along the coast, somewhere close to the railway, could we still get something reasonable for $350k or have the prices shot up there too.
Also does anyone know how I can find out which schools are good or not, something like our SATs tables.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

You can still get a very comfortable home with a pool for that price at Hallett Cove. Cant advise about schools as i dont have young kids anymore, but heaps of peoople on Adleaide Brits site have kids going to school and some going to school in Hallett Cove. If you want in depth info about schools there, contact a lady called Ducker who is a member of the site. Her kids go to Hallett Cove primary school.