Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

msn messenger and sound

msn messenger and sound

Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:42 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default msn messenger and sound

To all of you who were having a prob with sound on MSN Messenger.
I dont knwo what has changed but I tried it again last nght and it worked fine.

It is much better than Yahoo.

Just so you know

Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: msn messenger and sound

Originally posted by kala

Just so you know

Kala
I have the latest version installed (6.2) but haven't tried the sound in it. Cheers for the tip Kala, I'll give it a whirl tomorow!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:48 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by wmoore
I have the latest version installed (6.2) but haven't tried the sound in it. Cheers for the tip Kala, I'll give it a whirl tomorow!
Yep mine is 6.2 aswell, the sound wasn't working for a lot of peopl but all seemed fine yesterday, the camera is a lot quicker than yahoo

Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Just so you know

Kala
I am having loads of problems with MSN messenger on audio. They can hear me but I cannot hear the person at the other end.

It is really getting on my nerves now. I have emailed them but the reply they sent was of no use. The audio wizard tester works ok though.

I can get voice on yahoo though
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

philip&claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, we were having problems with msn too, have downloaded yahoo & was going to try them, will let you know how we get on
P&C
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by philip&claire
Yep, we were having problems with msn too, have downloaded yahoo & was going to try them, will let you know how we get on
P&C
Could you hear the person at the other end?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

mrttennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Could you hear the person at the other end?
also having the same problem, got piccy but cannot hear sound either end even after running the audio video wizard and the pc making a sound.
I'll bet there is a computer expert out there somewhere that can make a suggestion,
just to confirm the microphone is meant to plug into the mic socket and not the headphone?

is the video quality dependant on whether you have bband / good graphics car / loads of ram. I'm temporarily using an old laptop till we leave in 6 days and it isn't that good at all for video conference.

Finally - to all those who a lucky (or clever) enough to have sound and video, when using it is there a lond delay from pc to pc or is it pretty instant like a phone call.

Now got to go and set up the parents equipment before we leave!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:30 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by mrttennis
also having the same problem, got piccy but cannot hear sound either end even after running the audio video wizard and the pc making a sound.
I'll bet there is a computer expert out there somewhere that can make a suggestion,
just to confirm the microphone is meant to plug into the mic socket and not the headphone?

is the video quality dependant on whether you have bband / good graphics car / loads of ram. I'm temporarily using an old laptop till we leave in 6 days and it isn't that good at all for video conference.

Finally - to all those who a lucky (or clever) enough to have sound and video, when using it is there a lond delay from pc to pc or is it pretty instant like a phone call.

Now got to go and set up the parents equipment before we leave!!
I didn't use the audio ikon at the top, if you lok at the 2 pictures at the rigt hand side.

The bottom one , if you right click on thearrow at the bottom and select audio it worked on mine.

hope that makes sense

Kala
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

mrttennis is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't use the audio ikon at the top, if you lok at the 2 pictures at the rigt hand side.

The bottom one , if you right click on thearrow at the bottom and select audio it worked on mine.

hope that makes sense

Kala
tried this and still no sound
now downloaded yahoo and as a few others have found it worked fine although not as good as msn, but we do have sound.
Anyone know why sound works on yahoo and not msn?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:04 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Thumbs down

MSN and Netmeeting have always been tricky. Myself and a friend played around with MSN with audio and Webcam, most times it worked, but only after closing it down and restarting the application again.

Yahoo, always worked, video was slow and sound was fine, although we did experience a few glitches with Yahoo, we could always get it to work.

Yahoo's messenger should have the audio setup wizard, if you havent reset this, try doing it again.

By rights even people on modems, should be able to use both MSN and Yahoo, due to the compression of the audio and indeed the video.

I used to work the night shift with a local ISP here in Warrington, so we had an extremely fast connection in work(being connected to a number of T3's - 40Mb/sec each one) We could always guaranty that Yahoo would work fine.

Tried MSN at work and found quite a few glitches..annoying really,but can only be expected by MickeySoft.

The only suggestion I can make is to ensure your windoze is upto date, do all the Updates and if need be ensure that the Hardware, namely soundcard/webcams drivers are upto date.

Andy
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
MSN and Netmeeting have always been tricky. Myself and a friend played around with MSN with audio and Webcam, most times it worked, but only after closing it down and restarting the application again.

Yahoo, always worked, video was slow and sound was fine, although we did experience a few glitches with Yahoo, we could always get it to work.

Yahoo's messenger should have the audio setup wizard, if you havent reset this, try doing it again.

By rights even people on modems, should be able to use both MSN and Yahoo, due to the compression of the audio and indeed the video.

I used to work the night shift with a local ISP here in Warrington, so we had an extremely fast connection in work(being connected to a number of T3's - 40Mb/sec each one) We could always guaranty that Yahoo would work fine.

Tried MSN at work and found quite a few glitches..annoying really,but can only be expected by MickeySoft.

The only suggestion I can make is to ensure your windoze is upto date, do all the Updates and if need be ensure that the Hardware, namely soundcard/webcams drivers are upto date.

Andy
Everything is up to date but it still does not work. Wish Bill Gates would read this thread
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a program that I have on my computer called LiVve...its a "talk" program and the talk function is free...I know they also have a video part as well...I know it works pretty well, but I think the video part costs which is the down side.

The upside is that when you talk to people you can play games at the same time....

I regularly sit and play backgammon and chat to my friends back home....

www.livve.com is where you can download it.

Hels