Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

were off to adelaide next week

were off to adelaide next week

Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

DBASS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default were off to adelaide next week

Hi there we are going on an exploratory visit to adelaide next week with Malaysian airlines. is there anything specific any of you guys would like us to find out while we are there. I will post when over there with general findings.

debbie and jason
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

And if you need any help or advice when you get here, give the peeps at Adelaide Brits a holler and i am sure they'll be glad to help.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

DBASS is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that - i do look at adelaide brits every now and then - but they dont have such lively discussions!!!!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

no..we save that for offline ...expats does it so well we couldnt possibly compete...besides..we like each other too much!!!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: were off to adelaide next week

Originally posted by DBASS
Hi there we are going on an exploratory visit to adelaide next week with Malaysian airlines. is there anything specific any of you guys would like us to find out while we are there. I will post when over there with general findings.

debbie and jason

If you're going anywhere near the north/east burbs I'd be grateful to know what its like.

Modbury Heights, Golden Grove and Tea Tree Gully.

Thanks very much

Jo
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adelaide

hello debbie and jason,
we are also hoping to move to adelaide and my wife has asked me to ask you if you can get any info on the following
is adelaide reasonably quite,friendly,spacious,clean and no more than 20 minutes to a beach!.
are there breathtaking views.
are the following easily accessable colleges,shops,trains,entertainment.
employment,does it appear to be a place where unemployment is high or low,what sort of hourly rate are they paying for accounts/clerical work.
any info on any of these subjects would be great,it's very good of you to offer this help,thanks very much,hope you have a good time and it's what you expect
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:22 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We're looking to go there too...am honest evaluation on your return would be great. I know someone else on here just got back and it is so helpful to read reviews! If your up Henley Beach/Grange/brighton/glenelg way let us know what you think!

Have a great trip!

Lucy
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, we are interested in the same areas as lucyb, and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bettytweena
yes, we are interested in the same areas as lucyb, and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Take plenty of money then.

Have a good trip

G
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

mmm agree with grayling there, the suberbs everybody is looking at has rocketed through the roof, for a good area in glenelg or henley beach it will sey you back at least $6 to 9 hundred thous

but the southern subs are great here we are staying in hallett cove and have bought ahouse in woodcroft farm which is also very nice

look forward to seeing any newbies

arlene
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by arlene
mmm agree with grayling there, the suberbs everybody is looking at has rocketed through the roof, for a good area in glenelg or henley beach it will sey you back at least $6 to 9 hundred thous

but the southern subs are great here we are staying in hallett cove and have bought ahouse in woodcroft farm which is also very nice

look forward to seeing any newbies

arlene
Hi Arlene

I've just been looking through the Advertiser.

Apartments on the sea in Glenelg are being advertised as 'offers in excess' of $1 million.

The new apartments to be built on the site of the 'magic Mountain' have apparently all been sold at around $2 million.

Depends where in those suburbs you want to be.

Near the sea= expensive.

best wishes

G
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

g the apartments you mention are just not worth the money in my opinion

glenelg is lovely but not that lovley as they have to import their sand from up north for a start for their beaches, it is a real upmarket place not for families but for those in millionaires row

places like maslim beach, christies beach and aldinga are great and noorlonga is good to

so we are being priced out of glenelg but so what there are nicer and less cosmopolitan areas to live in

arlene
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:02 am
Bitter and twisted

g the apartments you mention are just not worth the money in my opinion

glenelg is lovely but not that lovley as they have to import their sand from up north for a start for their beaches, it is a real upmarket place not for families but for those in millionaires row

places like maslim beach, christies beach and aldinga are great and noorlonga is good to

so we are being priced out of glenelg but so what there are nicer and less cosmopolitan areas to live in

arlene
Totally agree Arlene.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and when the wind got up you would have to pay me that much to live there.

People really need to go and look and don't rely on estate agent Hype.

G
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mmm estate agent jargon especially that in the advertiser is beyond belief, viewing is defo essential

by the way g, i start at flinders on monday
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:09 am
Bitter and twisted

mmm estate agent jargon especially that in the advertiser is beyond belief, viewing is defo essential

by the way g, i start at flinders on monday
Good luck Arlene.

Let me know how you get on. I had a meeting with them a couple of weeks ago and at the RAH.

Not sure about yet though.

Any information would help.

PM if you prefer.

Best wishes

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.