Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're Moving To Melbourne Anyone Like To Chat??

We're Moving To Melbourne Anyone Like To Chat??

Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Kathy Ashcroft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're Moving To Melbourne Anyone Like To Chat??

Just Joined This Site And I'm Starting To Like It Very Much, Very Interesting And Im Glad I Found It!! Anyone Thats From Melbourne Want To Chat? We Are From Liverpool And Me And My Family Are On Out Way The Start Of 2006!! Wuhoooo :d

Hehehe
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: We're Moving To Melbourne Anyone Like To Chat??

Originally Posted by Kathy Ashcroft
Just Joined This Site And I'm Starting To Like It Very Much, Very Interesting And Im Glad I Found It!! Anyone Thats From Melbourne Want To Chat? We Are From Liverpool And Me And My Family Are On Out Way The Start Of 2006!! Wuhoooo :d

Hehehe
Welcome to the site Kathy

We live in Melbourne and have been here 4 months now. We are originally from Glasgow and enjoying every minute so far.

Look forward to chatting
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:50 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder

We live in Melbourne and have been here 4 months now. We are originally from Glasgow and enjoying every minute so far.

Look forward to chatting

Has it really been 4 months since you arrived?? Geez it only seems like yesterday that we met at the Village Green and you had only just arrived!!

Hows it going?? Settling in?

Kathy, welcome to the site!!

Where in Melbourne are you hoping to head to???
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:56 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Look forward to chatting
You must have arrived about the same time as us - 26th June?

Welcome to the site Kathy. You will really enjoy Melbourne. Lot to do and see and some fantastic drives out of the City.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hels
Has it really been 4 months since you arrived?? Geez it only seems like yesterday that we met at the Village Green and you had only just arrived!!

Hows it going?? Settling in?

Kathy, welcome to the site!!

Where in Melbourne are you hoping to head to???
Hi Hels

Yeah 4 months, doesn't time fly when you are working hard. I'm looking forward to our first break. People automatically think you are on holiday but the reality is a bit different.
How are things going with yourself.
We have settled in and bought a house, wont be ready until July next year however another thing off the list.
Need to catch up the next time you guys are down this way or you never know we might take a little trip up to you guys.
Weekends have been hectic trying to find a house so now that is over we can hopefully get out and about.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hels

Yeah 4 months, doesn't time fly when you are working hard. I'm looking forward to our first break. People automatically think you are on holiday but the reality is a bit different.
How are things going with yourself.
We have settled in and bought a house, wont be ready until July next year however another thing off the list.
Need to catch up the next time you guys are down this way or you never know we might take a little trip up to you guys.
Weekends have been hectic trying to find a house so now that is over we can hopefully get out and about.

We are coming down this weekend for the 4WD Expo in town. But we will only be down for the day so its a little hard to head down your way. But if you are keen on coming up the CBD or Southbank area would be great to catch up.

You would be more than welcome to come up to Bendigo anytime. I know exactly what you mean as far as the weekends!! We didnt go with building but even with buying an established house its been ever so busy trying to keep up with looking after it!! hehe...

I will be really keen to see the house plans of the place you are building. I would love to build but am pretty nervous after all the nightmare stories I have heard. Hope yours runs smoothly and you never know, it might instill a little confidence for us to do it too one day

Anyway, glad things are working out for you guys....will definatly plan something soon to catch up if you are too busy on Sunday.

Hels
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Location: Moved to Melbourne from Scotland at end of September. About to move into long let in Donvale.
C & J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kathy,

We have been in Melbourne for just over 2 weeks (after 2 weeks on Gold Coast) and moving into long term rented property tomorrow. I am very excited.

My partner is working very hard but there is so much to see and do for me and the kids (they are starting school as soon as we get settled in new house) the time has flown by.

Although I am from Essex, my partner is from Blackpool we moved here from Scotland and all love it. Melbourne is a fabulous place, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

I have already found this website very useful and have been given some good advice from other members in answer to my queries. So if you need to know anything, just ask.

Good luck with your move.
Judith
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:40 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kathy

Welcome to the madhouse!!!

Been here in Melbourne for a year in 3 weeks and love it, not even any interest to go back to 'ze Muzzerland' for a holiday at the moment. Especially with summer just around the corner!