Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're going home.....!!!

Wikiposts

We're going home.....!!!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Been thinking about it for some time now, had enough of the negative aspects, and we can't wait to get back. Makes us realise what we had back home. Can't wait now ! Good luck to all !!!
Good luck with your move back. Finally making the decision must have been very difficult, although once decided it must be like having a great weight lifted off your shoulders. Hope all turns out well for you and yours is a happy ending! Let us know how you get on.
kath n kim
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

You are making assumptions.
Maybe but pretty accurate nonetheless.

G
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Reality is... No matter what he says it will make absolutely no difference to those who are going regardless.
No, it wouldnt, cos would you decide not to have kids/get married/get a better job/move back to the UK cos someone else didnt like it? Of course you wouldnt, works both ways you know, just because he doesnt like it, doesnt mean anyone doesnt/shouldnt .

He can't win. If Innyjim came up with a thousand good reasons someone would disagree or argue so what is the point in elaborating??
So, no-one is allowed to disaree with anyone else on this forum? What a refreshing attitude . You sure as hell jump in & argue with & disagree with anyone who says they are coming here or that they like it, different rules for different folks?

Whether or not anyone agree with what he says or his reasons, its still helpful for people coming here to hear the reasons that someone has decided to go back. They can then take on board what that person says, or dismiss it if they dont think its relevant to their situation.

InnyJim, good luck with your plans to move back, hope it makes you happy .
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:41 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

im from gracemount! you might know it!! HELL ON EARTH!!

kids are 7-8 and we cant let them out the bloody house cos all the junkies kids are runnin riot with sticks till yon time at night!!

Remember it well!! Use to live 'over the fence' at The Murrays. Was entertaining though - who needs tv when you can watch the locals burning out cars and the kids through petrol bombs at each other in the playground! Did, however, work with a lot of good decent people who had to live among it though.
All the best for a better life in Oz!
Carolyn
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

You sure as hell jump in & argue with & disagree with anyone who says they are coming here or that they like it, different rules for different folks?

Well as I am coming there myself soon I don't follow your reasoning

Or is it that you just don't like many of my posts?

G
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I am coming there myself soon I don't follow your reasoning
And I dont follow yours, must make you a starstruck dreamer, as thats what you call people who say they want to move here for whatever reason .
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
And I dont follow yours, must make you a starstruck dreamer, as thats what you call people who say they want to move here for whatever reason .
Whatever

G
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:45 am
ABCDiamond

He can't win. If Innyjim came up with a thousand good reasons someone would disagree or argue so what is the point in elaborating??

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

G
This isn't about "winning" or "Losing".

And the point about elaborating is that many people, who really want to know the reasons, have asked for, or will want elaboration.

And Innyjim has started this post presumably partly for that reason also.

Without doubt there are a few posters who make posts that are pointless, and one sided, but not the majority.

My comment to Innyjim, have you been here long enough to get citizenship, or, how long do you have left on yor visa, in case you change your mind again, like I did !

My RRV ran out before I came back again, and it did create some problems for me (I do recall thinking that I didn't care about the RRV at the time as I said I will never be back !!)

Good luck, and do whatever is best for YOU

Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck innyjim.

I would have quite happily gone back this time last year, but now i'm so glad i didn't cos now it feels like home here
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:54 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by SHARETRADER
Well as one who is still 'home' and exploring a move out let me try to talk you out of it.....

Where shall I start ....

...get your newspapers from all over the world online and avoid getting wet fetching them from the shop or the dubious pleasure of having them delivered minus the bits you really wanted to read ..and they are free

....comedy ,well true I doubt Aus as anything as funny as watching Tony Blair tell you how he is going to improve your lot whilst still leaving you with enough money to buy a pizza

..music ..I can't really comment as anything after 1975 I can't tell what they are saying

...radio...online from all over the world ..easy to find and costs nothing other than internet access

...Peter Kay and Jonathan Ross..well I can only say you must be really desperate for a laugh ...

OK,more seriously welcome back to yob land ,where the hospitals try hard ,but don't work very well ,where the teachers try just as hard ,but water won't run uphill ,where driving anywhere better become your most loved pastime because our roads have become the largest car parks in Europe...and there's more ...we don't create jobs anymore except in public service where we promise them future fixed benefits (pensions) which we actually can't afford to pay..think you know what your future pension benefits will be ...watch this space because you don't...no tax rises of course..why raise tax when you can raise National Insurance and half a dozen other charges which have the same effect of leaving you with less to spend on things of your choice...welcome back to a country where most of your choices and thinking will be done for you by daddy Gordon (Brown)..and just when you thought you were old enough to think for yourself.

I doubt I have persuaded you ,but nostalgia through rosy tinted glasses invariably doesn't result in greener grass ..if you don't have more serious reasons than those you gave why burn your bridges..keep your options open if you can..

Best wishes
In the words of that great Philosopher Meatloaf........you took the words right out of my mouth!

I only remembered Mr Ross when i saw his name here and I used to love his show! I wouldn't have enough time to watch decent tv even if there was something on! DVD rental is cheap so it's not like living without any entertainment.

We've only been here a short time (3 months) but in that time we've explored, drank, had fun, gone out and about, met people, read news occasionally on the web, drank, read up on Aussie history, made friends.........
I still miss friends and that feeling of farmiliarity and I am not knocking anyone for being homesick or leaving, but rose tinted specs aside i left Britain for a million reasons and chose Australia for a million more. Why not miss things but embrace new things and don't look back!

If you get here and don't like it fine, but offer a more constructive 'why it's not for us'. Everyone's life is different and what we want out of life is different....I feel guilty when friends tell me what they did in the school hols and don't tell them half of what we've been doing cos it sounds like gloating-I feel they need a kick up the bum to get out and grab life by the throat not live in the UK, but that's my humble opinion-they wouldn't contemplate moving away so I respect that.

I'm rambling now...........of to the beach!!!

Phil x
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Innyjim.

We'll be heading back to the uk next year too. We like it here but not forever. Someone on the return to the uk forum put it well in saying that the beaches, sunshine, scenery etc are just the backdrop to life, the substance involves people and relationships and emotions. For us the setting doesnt compensate for what we've left behind.
We came for an adventure but now feel we've had it and anything can become boring after a while. The scaremongering about the uk doesnt worry me, but then we were never trying to escape it in the first place.
Good luck to all of you on your way, and all on your way back, I'm very glad we came, but wont be sorry to leave!
Michaela
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Wouldn't it be worth hanging on until you can get citizenship, just in case ???
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Wouldn't it be worth hanging on until you can get citizenship, just in case ???

Absolutely, thats why we'll be going back next year not this. Every possibility of returning in the future, it would seem foolish not hang on for it.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Absolutely, thats why we'll be going back next year not this. Every possibility of returning in the future, it would seem foolish not hang on for it.
Good onya Michaela, sounds pretty sensible to me.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:41 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I believe innyjims house has been broken into twice, that doesn't help things I guess......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.