Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're going home.....!!!

Wikiposts

We're going home.....!!!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:20 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Been thinking about it for some time now, had enough of the negative aspects, and we can't wait to get back. Makes us realise what we had back home. Can't wait now ! Good luck to all !!!
how long have ya been over in oz and if less than 2 years is it not worth waiting ? then at the very least you could go back if the uk's not the same place you thought it would be.
all the best jonni
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:49 am
Merlot

Been thinking about it for some time now, had enough of the negative aspects, and we can't wait to get back. Makes us realise what we had back home. Can't wait now ! Good luck to all !!!
Maybe a move away from Perth??? Lots more to Australia than WA. I have never been to Perth, though it sounds lovely it doesn't sound like my type of place to live, I could be wrong.

How about Melbourne?? Has the lot I keep getting told.

Good luck
Merlot

Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:07 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Think Merlot has a point, maybe it's Perth itself
everyone is different and you may find another city different in a lot of ways.
It must have been difficult getting your visa in the first place, even a straight forward application is costly and time consuming.
From your post you just sound bored !!!!

Carole
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: We're going home.....!!!

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

am i reading this rite!!

you must have had a good life back HOME!!!

you must explain! were all sittin waitin!!

ill tell you what home is to me!! edinburgh! 3 things! junkies, drugs, and neds!

its cold! really cold!! expensive! for everything! you cant take your kids out for a stroll cos they come back with a splittin sore head with the wind! so you have to take them somwhere to entertain them! at a cost of at least 60 quid!! thats if they dont take a pal!!

dont get me wrong, i know perth or any of oz is perfect but its a long stretch better than here!!

i dont want to rammble to much but if tv and papers are your main problem then you might have gone for the wrong reasons!! but if your ever plannin in havin kids you really have to think twice!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:46 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play. It's a bold decision to make to emigrate in the first place but I reckon even bolder to decide to go back. Good luck with it.

Like the others though, I'd be interested to hear more detail on your reasons.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
HOLD THE PHONE!!!

am i reading this rite!!

you must have had a good life back HOME!!!

you must explain! were all sittin waitin!!

ill tell you what home is to me!! edinburgh! 3 things! junkies, drugs, and neds!

its cold! really cold!! expensive! for everything! you cant take your kids out for a stroll cos they come back with a splittin sore head with the wind! so you have to take them somwhere to entertain them! at a cost of at least 60 quid!! thats if they dont take a pal!!

dont get me wrong, i know perth or any of oz is perfect but its a long stretch better than here!!

i dont want to rammble to much but if tv and papers are your main problem then you might have gone for the wrong reasons!! but if your ever plannin in havin kids you really have to think twice!!

I moved from about 30 miles South of Edinburgh, granted were in Melbourne & not Perth but Ive never regretted it for one minute.
Its not everyones cup of tea though so good luck to anyone that heads back.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

each to their own, but theres more to life than Jonathan Ross and Peter Kay, in fact, Id put money on them not appearing on TV in 10 years from now. Then what?!! Thatll **** Friday night TV up, theyll probably replace with a new American sitcom - Should have stayed in the USA (That United States of Australia!!).

Dont get me wroing, you tried it and have decided to go back, good luck. I just hope youve done the minimum 2 years and have a nice Australian Passport.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Question Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by Bordy
I moved from about 30 miles South of Edinburgh, granted were in Melbourne & not Perth but Ive never regretted it for one minute.
Its not everyones cup of tea though so good luck to anyone that heads back.
30 min!! like penicuike or peebles!!

melbourne? a wasny keen on it!! perth is like heavan tho!!

im from gracemount! you might know it!! HELL ON EARTH!!

kids are 7-8 and we cant let them out the bloody house cos all the junkies kids are runnin riot with sticks till yon time at night!!

where do we go tho!? niddrie? murhouse? pilton? or some subburb near them with a good reputation? and for what? what does scotland have to offer? nowt! freekin nowt!

you should go to perth for a holiday!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:02 am
wombat42

Your post is in the wrong forum.It should be in the " retuning to the Uk forum" or what l call the whinging pom forum
As peope in the previous posts said Perth is'nt for everybody and is'nt what all of OZ is like, many prefer the eastern states.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 21st 2005 at 8:08 am.

Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by wombat42
Your post is in the wrong forum.It should be in the " retuning to the Uk forum"
or what l call " The whinging Pom forum"
shut up!

its called the poke nose ozzy get lost forum!!

if the discussion on the "discussion board" doesnt concern you then beat it!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by wombat42
Your post is in the wrong forum.It should be in the " retuning to the Uk forum"
or what l call " The whinging Pom forum"
what the hell is a pom anyway? ive heard a million different explinations!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:05 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
30 min!! like penicuike or peebles!!

melbourne? a wasny keen on it!! perth is like heavan tho!!

im from gracemount! you might know it!! HELL ON EARTH!!

kids are 7-8 and we cant let them out the bloody house cos all the junkies kids are runnin riot with sticks till yon time at night!!

where do we go tho!? niddrie? murhouse? pilton? or some subburb near them with a good reputation? and for what? what does scotland have to offer? nowt! freekin nowt!

you should go to perth for a holiday!!

30 Miles not mins, Down in the Borders, a wee place called Selkirk.

I am going to Perth in July for a few days, hopefully meeting up with the Scottish crowd over there. I'm sure its lovely but a bit hot for me, I'm one of those weirdo's that actually like Melbournes weather.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: We're going home.....!!!

Originally Posted by Bordy
30 Miles not mins, Down in the Borders, a wee place called Selkirk.

I am going to Perth in July for a few days, hopefully meeting up with the Scottish crowd over there. I'm sure its lovely but a bit hot for me, I'm one of those weirdo's that actually like Melbournes weather.
oh christ the borders!! there isny a drug problem there rite enough!! p

i think youll like it!! it does get hot in the summer! but theres air con! just avoid the afternoon sun!! here tho you have to avoid the 6 month winter!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Think Merlot has a point, maybe it's Perth itself
everyone is different and you may find another city different in a lot of ways.
It must have been difficult getting your visa in the first place, even a straight forward application is costly and time consuming.
From your post you just sound bored !!!!

Carole
Nope,we,re in Geelong,we're off back,
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wafoo1
Nope,we,re in Geelong,we're off back,
where the hell is that? and where is back??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.