Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're going home.....!!!

Wikiposts

We're going home.....!!!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default We're going home.....!!!

Been thinking about it for some time now, had enough of the negative aspects, and we can't wait to get back. Makes us realise what we had back home. Can't wait now ! Good luck to all !!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Re: We're going home.....!!!

Hi

good luck with your move!

Sending you Karma.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 3:51 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Been thinking about it for some time now, had enough of the negative aspects, and we can't wait to get back. Makes us realise what we had back home. Can't wait now ! Good luck to all !!!
Well, what can I say??

Good that you've been able to make the decision, lucky you don't have kids, and good luck at HOME!!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 3:55 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

wheres home? and where are you now?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
wheres home? and where are you now?
He's in Fremantle, Perth.(freo)
I believe home is the UK, don't know where.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

can you elaborate ?? :scared:
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rooksie
can you elaborate ?? :scared:
More than one newspaper each day, comedy, music, radio, Peter Kay, Jonathon Ross........so much more.....oh you know....
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

More than one newspaper each day, comedy, music, radio, Peter Kay, Jonathon Ross........so much more.....oh you know....

Good luck. Hope it's everything you remember. Have to admit I will miss both Peter Kay and Jonathon Ross but will have to get him on Radio 2 via the web.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

No we don't know. Please can you give us more info, as it might help people who are not there yet, it would be really nice to know your reasons.

Good luck anyway

Jane
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lee/jane
No we don't know. Please can you give us more info, as it might help people who are not there yet, it would be really nice to know your reasons.

Good luck anyway

Jane
If you like music, forget it. The Aussies have little or no understanding of music. The Aussies like to adopt everything American when it comes to popualr music or comedy. This is reflected by the offerings of Channels 7-10 during peak times......
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know you might run the risk of being slated by trolls but there must be more than that!

People back here SOMETIMES have rose tinted on and fresh perspective, both good and bad is really helpful.

No offence but the above statement doesn't really give much detail. I love my music, but I have my cd's, internet radio, internet shopping for more cd's etc.

So if you can be bothered, more info, even if it is "just" homesick, gut instinct etc. Please
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:56 am
Just Joined

SHARETRADER is an unknown quantity at this point

Well as one who is still 'home' and exploring a move out let me try to talk you out of it.....

Where shall I start ....

...get your newspapers from all over the world online and avoid getting wet fetching them from the shop or the dubious pleasure of having them delivered minus the bits you really wanted to read ..and they are free

....comedy ,well true I doubt Aus as anything as funny as watching Tony Blair tell you how he is going to improve your lot whilst still leaving you with enough money to buy a pizza

..music ..I can't really comment as anything after 1975 I can't tell what they are saying

...radio...online from all over the world ..easy to find and costs nothing other than internet access

...Peter Kay and Jonathan Ross..well I can only say you must be really desperate for a laugh ...

OK,more seriously welcome back to yob land ,where the hospitals try hard ,but don't work very well ,where the teachers try just as hard ,but water won't run uphill ,where driving anywhere better become your most loved pastime because our roads have become the largest car parks in Europe...and there's more ...we don't create jobs anymore except in public service where we promise them future fixed benefits (pensions) which we actually can't afford to pay..think you know what your future pension benefits will be ...watch this space because you don't...no tax rises of course..why raise tax when you can raise National Insurance and half a dozen other charges which have the same effect of leaving you with less to spend on things of your choice...welcome back to a country where most of your choices and thinking will be done for you by daddy Gordon (Brown)..and just when you thought you were old enough to think for yourself.

I doubt I have persuaded you ,but nostalgia through rosy tinted glasses invariably doesn't result in greener grass ..if you don't have more serious reasons than those you gave why burn your bridges..keep your options open if you can..

Best wishes
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:04 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Newspapers are full of lies and shite, I never buy them. The British press is a disgrace.

Nothing wrong with America, good people. Unless you believe the British press of course who build them up to be devils.

Nothing wrong with American comedy either,Seinfield, Friends, Frasier, Cheers, Trailer park boys (canadian) etc

Peter Kay I love but I also have all his stuff on DVD.

Jonathon Ross.....you gotta be kidding me hes just a presenter, hardly a real talent.

Dont get me wrong dont blame you for coming back, may be in the same position myself in the future. Just your reasons seem a bit trivial. When you get back I'm sure you will miss Australia.

Good luck
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:06 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Why post it in the first place if you can't be arsed to give your reasons why in more detail... you knew you'd be asked to elaborate.......
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:07 am
I don't do spelling

Murphies is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SHARETRADER
Well as one who is still 'home' and exploring a move out let me try to talk you out of it.....

Where shall I start ....

...get your newspapers from all over the world online and avoid getting wet fetching them from the shop or the dubious pleasure of having them delivered minus the bits you really wanted to read ..and they are free

....comedy ,well true I doubt Aus as anything as funny as watching Tony Blair tell you how he is going to improve your lot whilst still leaving you with enough money to buy a pizza

..music ..I can't really comment as anything after 1975 I can't tell what they are saying

...radio...online from all over the world ..easy to find and costs nothing other than internet access

...Peter Kay and Jonathan Ross..well I can only say you must be really desperate for a laugh ...

OK,more seriously welcome back to yob land ,where the hospitals try hard ,but don't work very well ,where the teachers try just as hard ,but water won't run uphill ,where driving anywhere better become your most loved pastime because our roads have become the largest car parks in Europe...and there's more ...we don't create jobs anymore except in public service where we promise them future fixed benefits (pensions) which we actually can't afford to pay..think you know what your future pension benefits will be ...watch this space because you don't...no tax rises of course..why raise tax when you can raise National Insurance and half a dozen other charges which have the same effect of leaving you with less to spend on things of your choice...welcome back to a country where most of your choices and thinking will be done for you by daddy Gordon (Brown)..and just when you thought you were old enough to think for yourself.

I doubt I have persuaded you ,but nostalgia through rosy tinted glasses invariably doesn't result in greener grass ..if you don't have more serious reasons than those you gave why burn your bridges..keep your options open if you can..

Best wishes
Couldnt have put it better ourselves !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.