Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well the pizza is cheap!!

Well the pizza is cheap!!

Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Well the pizza is cheap!!

One of the things that amazes me out here is how cheap the pizza from Dominoes and Pizza Hut is. I can get a large pizza of any variety for $4.95 collect, from either place just up the road!
The cheapest we got them for in the Uk was £8.99 each. A bit of a difference eh?

Needless to say we don't buy frozen ones anyone. Instead we make a regular weekend visit and buy 3 pizzas which we take to the beach and eat. It is a hard life out here

Also I can get 5 pieces of Cod and chips for $16.95 from my local chippy. I nearly choked as we used to pay over £5 each in blighty.
Eating out is a breeze here and the choice of picnic areas to eat is fantastic.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:09 am
WBB

Default Re: Well the pizza is cheap!!

Originally posted by tinaj
One of the things that amazes me out here is how cheap the pizza from Dominoes and Pizz Hut is. I can get a large pizza of any variety for $4.95 collect from either place just up the road!
The cheapest we got them for in the Uk was £89.99 each. A bit of a difference eh?

Needless to say we don't buy frozen ones anyone. Instead we make a regular weekend visit and buy 3 pizzas which we take to the beach and eat. It is a hard life out here

Also I can get 5 pieces of Cod and chips for $16.95 from my local chippy. I nearly choked as we used to pay over £5 each in blighty.
£89.99

Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:09 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmmmm. Pizza
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by WBB
£89.99

Blimey you don't hang about! You read that before I edited it!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tinaj
One of the things that amazes me out here is how cheap the pizza from Dominoes and Pizza Hut is. I can get a large pizza of any variety for $4.95 collect, from either place just up the road!
The cheapest we got them for in the Uk was £8.99 each. A bit of a difference eh?

Agreed the pizza is absolute quality value, but the chips are pants! (in my opinion).
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Oh yuk, the 5 buck pizza, cheap and nasty, big slab of dough with cooking cheese not even mozzarella, plus you can rub shoulders with all the povvys in bare feet queing up "for a feed". Gross

The eagle boys pizza at Maroochydore (next to a real estate) has the no parking sign outside graffiti sprayed with No fat chicks instead of No parking, love it

When is Pizza back on by the way? Now that is a funny OZ (well lebbo) show.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:34 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dotty
plus you can rub shoulders with all the povvys in bare feet queing up "for a feed". Gross
Dropped your monocle?
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:34 am
wombat42

Thats why Australians are the second fatest people in the world
behind the Americans, all that cheap junk food.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Dropped your monocle?
Its not me eyes I am worried about, it was the humid scent of sweaty feet and cheap cheese that put me off.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by wombat42
Thats why Australians are the second fatest people in the world
behind the Americans, all that cheap junk food.
Ah true, but soon we are to receive a fridge magnet telling us to eat healthily, the burden of the lard diet is killing the health system. Throw out your pizza magnets and pray the price of lettuce comes down
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:59 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Its not me eyes I am worried about, it was the humid scent of sweaty feet and cheap cheese that put me off.
No worries. Next time, instead of groping around amongst the crush of hairy feet and cattle dogs, ask. Povvy feet are monocle friendly.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:02 pm
WBB

No fat chicks
do you get much pizza then dotty?

Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:27 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yuk, the 5 buck pizza, cheap and nasty, big slab of dough with cooking cheese not even mozzarella, plus you can rub shoulders with all the povvys in bare feet queing up "for a feed". Gross
****** SNOB ALERT ******
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
****** SNOB ALERT ******

Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:12 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
****** SNOB ALERT ******
i am only suprised she did not mention her numerous houses or loadsamoney in this thread....you let a good opportunity slip there dot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.