Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

well, its snowing in London :D

well, its snowing in London :D

Old Jan 28th 2003, 8:34 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

We do have laws on littering in the UK, but you can forget about trying to get a conviction. Two years ago a man was arrested for littering but when it came to court, his solicitor got him off on a technicality now known as the 'Issac Newton' clause. The man claimed he did not throw his litter 'down', he threw it 'up' and gravity did the rest. Amazingly he got off. Who is worse, the idiots who keep Britain dirty ? or the scum that get them off on technicalities ?

And don't talk to me about the weather in this country, it's the only place I know where you can get all four seasons in one week!

Steve.
Old Jan 28th 2003, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
whatched a program on SBS here called Fortress Europe its a wonder anyone makes to the UK
We've got the channel tunnel - gateway for the immigrant smuggling gangs. You can't see them coming in as they hide under and in the Eurostar trains. I assure you they do get in somehow, someway. Ever wondered why Barking in London is now called little Bosnia?
Old Jan 28th 2003, 10:37 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Shikse
We've got the channel tunnel - gateway for the immigrant smuggling gangs. You can't see them coming in as they hide under and in the Eurostar trains. I assure you they do get in somehow, someway. Ever wondered why Barking in London is now called little Bosnia?
You read the Sun far too much walking through the tunnel is near to impossible , to get on the trains is easier but most that have come in the backs of lorries ,the numbers are blown out of context .
I am sure all these people could apply to come to Australia under refugee status , many already have you will find more than a few use the UK as a staging board to go to other countries.
Looking at the cost of a one bed room London flat 200,000 pounds , why stop there?
I cannot see these people wanting to stay in the UK for long unless they get well paid jobs , sitting in some down at heel council estate will not suit people who have the get up and go to move countries without a visa.
Australia is a mini America it takes all kinds if you fear other races do not bother coming , Asians , East Europeans , Arabs and most races you can think of are let in , not all under the skilled visa either.

Old Jan 28th 2003, 10:40 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister

And don't talk to me about the weather in this country, it's the only place I know where you can get all four seasons in one week!

Steve.
Try Melbourne just the same weather wise , well known for being changeable, yet another weather nut get a life pick up some litter.