Reload this Page >

Welder First Class (bm)

Welder First Class (bm)

Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Andrea_amp_Rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Welder First Class (bm)

Hi Guys,

Please can anyone please tell me the average weekly wage for a welder First Class around Brisbane.

I have looked on many sites but the wage seems to vary a hell of a lot any ideas would be appriciated.

Thanks
Richie
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welder First Class (bm)

Sorry Richie

Can't help you about Brisbane but in Perth we're on A$19 hour average.

Some agencies pay about A$23 but that's flat rate with no overtime rates.

If your willing to work away it's about A$27 hour.

You will find better rates than this but these are average.

Also they are very big on flux core work here. None of the places I've worked here asked to see up to date Certs.

Keel

Originally posted by Andrea_amp_Rich
Hi Guys,

Please can anyone please tell me the average weekly wage for a welder First Class around Brisbane.

I have looked on many sites but the wage seems to vary a hell of a lot any ideas would be appriciated.

Thanks
Richie
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Keel,

I have found that the wages do vary like that. Some pay $17 whilst others upto $36 per hour.

Just hope I find a good one when I get over there in August.

Thanks

Richie
Old Jun 13th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Richie

I don't know what it's like on the east coast but out West very few welders have codeings so it may be worth your while updateing any that you have.

I got my Tig, MMA, fluxcored and stovepipe certs before I left and they were falling over themselves to give me work. But as I said before no body asked to see the certs.

Be prepared to work on some rough jobs as in general the standards are not very high. But being a Durham lad you'll be used to that.

Keel

Originally posted by Andrea_amp_Rich
Cheers Keel,

I have found that the wages do vary like that. Some pay $17 whilst others upto $36 per hour.

Just hope I find a good one when I get over there in August.

Thanks

Richie
Old Jun 13th 2004, 3:45 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

at last more welders on the site.well mate we are the same as you we are heading to brisbane and i am coded in SS tig and ali tig (i hope) code runs out so got to re take this thursday.2mm to 2mm butt and 6mm to 6mm butt. with root run and cap.anyway my wife went on the net last night and i was the same as yourself the wages seem to be about the $20 mark or less. here are a few site to look at,sorry if u have them already www.workplace.gov.au www.dest.gov.au/noosr and www.jobguide.dest.gov.au hope these are of use and good luck
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jonni Boy,

When are you planning to go to Brisbane, we hope to riside in Victoria Point about 40mins drive from Brisbane on the coast.

I myself am also coded ASME 1X Stainless Steel, TIG, Gas Purdge, Lloyds.

Hope everything goes well for you mate with the test.

Richie
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:25 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

victoria point,wellington point,cleveland. at the moment we just dont know we will be there in january to validate our visas and we will have a look around then.but at the moment its just a case of if we find a nice house to rent then thats where we end up,no friends or family over there so the worlds our oyster but a friends son lives in wellington point and thats said to be nice,but cant seem to find anything to do with welding or sheet metal work around there. keep in touch to let us know how your doing and if we can be of any help just ask,all the best jonni boy
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:30 pm
mickj

Check your pm jonni boy !

Originally posted by jonni boy
victoria point,wellington point,cleveland. at the moment we just dont know we will be there in january to validate our visas and we will have a look around then.but at the moment its just a case of if we find a nice house to rent then thats where we end up,no friends or family over there so the worlds our oyster but a friends son lives in wellington point and thats said to be nice,but cant seem to find anything to do with welding or sheet metal work around there. keep in touch to let us know how your doing and if we can be of any help just ask,all the best jonni boy

Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:54 pm
WBB

Originally posted by mickj
Check your pm jonni boy !
yeah, check it!