Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone recommend nice hotel at Heathrow?

Anyone recommend nice hotel at Heathrow?

Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Anyone recommend nice hotel at Heathrow?

Need to book the hotel and don't know which one to choose. Anyone recommend one.

Mandy
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:59 pm
mickj

Default Re: Anyone recommend nice hotel at Heathrow?

Hello Mand,

Do realise that the closer you are to the airport, the more expensive the hotel will be. You might want to go out a bit, to somewhere like Slough ( home of Ali G ).

If you insist on Heathrow, there is the Four seasons, hilton, Novotel, and the sheraton ! There are also your generic ones, that can be a bit dodgy, so you are better off sticking to the brand names !

Originally posted by scrawni
Need to book the hotel and don't know which one to choose. Anyone recommend one.

Mandy

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mandy
hi there mandy ,we stayed at the MARRIOT hotel at heathrow,and it was exellant,we booked by quest travel and found it was cheaper than booking direct.
hope this will help
allison
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Have used the Renaissance several times. It's actually on the airport (LHR) between the Bath road and the perimeter track.

Very efficient double glazing - you wouldn't know there was an airplane anywhere near.

The price is very reasonable too. The Hopper bus runs every 15 mins or so to all terminals.

The dinner buffet is excellent!

I have a feeling there are two Renaissances, one across the road which is a lot more expensive and which we haven't tried.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:27 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rog Williams
The price is very reasonable too. The Hopper bus runs every 15 mins or so to all terminals.
But beware, it's nothing like 24-hour. This caught us out when catching a really early flight to Poland. I think it starts around 6am but that's a guess from a while ago.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 3:05 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Mandy
When I was lving in the US & popping over here for business trips, I used to stay at the Sheraton Skyline - it had a fab swim-up cocktail bar, which was great for chilling in! Dunno if it is still as good. V near LHR too.

Last time we stayed in the scummy Heathrow Park Hotel, or Moat House or maybe Trust House (they keep changing the name) at Longford village a mile or so W of LHR: room was clean and neat, but if it was my last night in the UK *ever*, I'd choose somewhere a bit more memorable

Anya.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 4:21 pm
Go Banana's !!

Mandy

hi Mandy, we have just booked our flights this afternoon and have got a room at the Holiday Inn at Maidenhead for £124 B & B as I am coming back and leaving the family there they have given me 15 nights free parking.

Its 15 miles from Heathrow.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

We stayed at the Radisson Edwardian when we had an early(ish) flight to US in Feb 2004.

Room was very nice - facilities were excellent. The Hoppa bus called at the front door.

The price for the night also included 15 days' parking and cost GBP99 from Holiday Extras on the internet.

As for the Hoppa -

"Hoppa Service T1,2,3, 0600-2330,
T4 via Heathrow Express from T1,2 or 3.
£5.00 per person return and £3.00 one way."

olive