Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welcome To Brisbane Pollyana!!

Wikiposts

Welcome To Brisbane Pollyana!!

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 1:09 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds good Mrs D, I've got an empty diary all week...... as for grocery shopping, I knew there was something the Bloke asked me to do..... I'll tell him I've been job hunting on the internet.....!
LOL well thats one way of looking at it .
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:33 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Pollyfilla! Made it at last.

So your bloke & you found a "couple" of things to do to while away 24 hrs. pray, what was the *second* thing?

How did the trip go?

Rog (Still waiting on the FBI checks!)
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:14 pm
Badge

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Congratulations Pollyfilla! Made it at last.

So your bloke & you found a "couple" of things to do to while away 24 hrs. pray, what was the *second* thing?

How did the trip go?

Rog (Still waiting on the FBI checks!)

If I was away from my woman, and we met up, I think the words "chrome" and "bumper bar" would come to mind.

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rog - the trip was great, Cathay lived up to their reputation! Comfortable, polite, excellent food, amazing coffee. Seriously impressed! And as someone with lots of friends in the airline world, I don't impress easily!

As for the "couple of things" we found to do - the Bloke had to iron a shirt, and then we had to go and visit his brother....what did you think i meant (tee hee, she sniggered wickedly!)
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rog - the trip was great, Cathay lived up to their reputation! Comfortable, polite, excellent food, amazing coffee. Seriously impressed! And as someone with lots of friends in the airline world, I don't impress easily!

As for the "couple of things" we found to do - the Bloke had to iron a shirt, and then we had to go and visit his brother....what did you think i meant (tee hee, she sniggered wickedly!)
poll so glad u arrived safely and had a good flight, hope the bloke appreciates you now and start as u mean to go on let him iron his own shirts

arlene
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, thats right, I'll be sweeper, cook and bottle washer, but I draw the line at ironing!!! Besides he does it better than I ever could!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, thats right, I'll be sweeper, cook and bottle washer, but I draw the line at ironing!!! Besides he does it better than I ever could!
might come to some arrangement to hire that stick soon!!!!

arlene
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:20 pm
Home and Happy

So I see Arlene! Brilliant news; I'm getting the stick serviced so it should be in good condition! Just need a ferry pilot to get it back to the UK for you......isn't Dotty going over soon, perhaps she'd like to use it?! Do you need a loan of my new tall purple witch's hat as well?!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:30 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

well you promised to post on arriving- good to hear from you
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear from you Pollyana, glad you have arrived safely!!

footie chick xx
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Pollyanna
Brisbane at last, glad you arrived safely, enjoy your new life

Yve, Dave, Steve, and Danny

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Polly

Glad that you arrived ok. Keep us informed of all your news. Make sure you get him under the thumb straight away!!!

take care
Debs
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:18 am
Melbourne wannabe

Sparkley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Polly

Great to hear that you've arrived safely and not wasting any time with the Bloke

Can almost see your smiles beaming through your posts!!

Long may it last!
Sparkley
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you Polly.

Hope you keep posting us updates to keep us all awake over here. It gets dark so early now I am nearly asleep by 4pm!!

I handed in my written resignation today and my boss anounced it to everyone. Funny thing is another person has just returned today from 18 months in Oz and now I am going out there! They were raving on about it, but I will get the full low down later this week.

look forward to meeting 'the bloke' and 'the mate' in Jan
I will be lonely in comparison!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:39 am
Home and Happy

You'll soon have mates here Tina, don't worry. Everyone has been really welcoming so far. I even got an invite to a party yesterday - some kind of expensive cleaning cloths.......can't remember the name but I'll bet Dotty can come up with it. (unfortunately its on the Bloke's birthday so we're busy....!!!!!)

We went to check sites for the wedding yesterday - think we've settled on a little park just north of Brissie, right on the edge of the sea.......stunning!

Teddy bears are over the jetlag now and are all going to watch the Melbourne Cup on TV this afternoon......!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.