Weetabix

Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weetabix

..my son is missing weetabix so much he has put some on his birthday list. Anyone know where I can get some from?...living in Brisbane btw.

thank u
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Weetabix

Not sure if you get Foodland supermarket up there but they have weetabix in them in Adelaide. They are sold under a different name in Australia though, but i promise you it is the genuine article. I have checked the small print on the box

Its called "Whole Wheat Biscuits" comes in a bright yellow box and has a union jack flag on the bottom left hand corner saying " product of the UK" .....small print says made by weetabix!!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Not sure if you get Foodland supermarket up there but they have weetabix in them in Adelaide. They are sold under a different name in Australia though, but i promise you it is the genuine article. I have checked the small print on the box

Its called "Whole Wheat Biscuits" comes in a bright yellow box and has a union jack flag on the bottom left hand corner saying " product of the UK" .....small print says made by weetabix!!
OMG...will be on to that first thing tomorrow...thank u xxxxxxxx
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gryff
OMG...will be on to that first thing tomorrow...thank u xxxxxxxx
BiLo, Toombul Centro Shopping Centre (up near the airport in Brissie). Same box as PP describes it! You'll find them in the international food section, with curry powder and stuff - along with Jaffa Cakes and PG Tips, NOT with the breakfast cereal !!! I expect other BiLos sell them as well..... good luck!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
BiLo, Toombul Centro Shopping Centre (up near the airport in Brissie). Same box as PP describes it! You'll find them in the international food section, with curry powder and stuff - along with Jaffa Cakes and PG Tips, NOT with the breakfast cereal !!! I expect other BiLos sell them as well..... good luck!
This won't satisfy a kid, but Sunny Bisk (or whatever the Aussie version is called) went on sale here in our local Sainsburys so I grabbed a pack of them and Weetabix to taste test them - they look different, but the taste difference isn't enough to add it to my list of things I'm going to pine for. When I was in Oz I did miss my Weetabix, so it's nice to know it's just a subjective thing - amplified by distance
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:02 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

..my son is missing weetabix so much he has put some on his birthday list. Anyone know where I can get some from?...living in Brisbane btw.

thank u

There's a sweet (lolly) shop in the Myer Centre, Level E I think, near the food court, which does a limited range of UK stuff. Range varies but can include Walkers Crisps, Penguins, Yorkshire Tea and a range of UK sweets. You could try there.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:22 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

This thread makes me really happy.

When I endorsed it I had no idea how popular it would become.

Still receiving a constant cash flow for the use of my name.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:51 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

So how many do you eat?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Bilo like Pollyanna has mentioned. I think they are in most of the bilo stores.. they're in my local bilo. . They also sell Alpen as well ( Alpen is around $10, can't remember the exact price of weetabix.. that's a bit cheaper.. around $6 dollars). They are in the Curry aisle, top shelf.. Not a huge range of Brit food there, but Alpen, weetibix, jaffa cakes and Pg tips you will be able to pick up at most of these Bilo stores. Must be a recent thing with Bilo, I've never seen them here before until quite recently.

There's a few online shops which are in Aus ( not based overseas like most of them are) for things like walkers crisps chocolates etc if you can't be bothered running around to countless places looking for that sort of thing.

Pollyana have you tried the Nimbin cheddar cheese? It tastes a bit nicer than coon and "tastless cheese" etc. It's made in Nimbin like the name says.. only diff it's made with veg enzymes.. surprisingly enough it's tastier than the "normal" cheese. I tried the taste test with my meat eating hubby .. didn't tell him it was veg cheese.. and he prefers it to the normal tasteless lot..top shelf in the cheese section.( everything seems to be on the top shelves ..lol).

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2004 at 1:13 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ceri
Bilo like Pollyanna has mentioned. I think they are in most of the bilo stores.. they're in my local bilo. . They also sell Alpen as well ( Alpen is around $10, can't remember the exact price of weetibix.. that's a bit cheaper.. around $6 dollars). They are in the Curry isle, top shelf.. Not a huge range of Brit food there, but Alpen, weetibix, jaffa cakes and Pg tips you will be able to pick up at most of these Bilo stores. Must be a recent thing with Bilo, I've never seen them here before until quite recently.

There's a few online shops which are in Aus ( not based overseas like most of them are) for things like walkers crisps chocolates etc if you can't be bothered running around to countless places looking for that sort of thing.

Pollyana have you tried the Nimbin cheddar cheese? It tastes a bit nicer than coon and "tastless cheese" etc. It's made in Nimbin like the name says.. only diff it's made with veg enzymes.. surprisingly enough it's tastier than the "normal" cheese. I tried the taste test with my meat eating hubby .. didn't tell him it was veg cheese.. and he prefers it to the normal tasteless lot..top shelf in the cheese section.( everything seems to be on the top shelves ..lol).
Is it a herbal cheese?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:51 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bondipom
Is it a herbal cheese?
could be.. you know what Nimbin is like.Perhaps they slip the odd bit of plant in it

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2004 at 1:15 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Thank u everyone...i'm off out shopping shortly so will let u know how i get on.....think ive seen a bilo in capalaba.

oh and the cheese bit reminded me.....have u seen how much cheshire cheese is???...ive been buying it but not looking at the price until this week....$25 for a small block.....arghhhhh...its for treats only now!!!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank u everyone...i'm off out shopping shortly so will let u know how i get on.....think ive seen a bilo in capalaba.

oh and the cheese bit reminded me.....have u seen how much cheshire cheese is???...ive been buying it but not looking at the price until this week....$25 for a small block.....arghhhhh...its for treats only now!!!
Thanks for the tip Ceri, I'll put it on tonights list and sneak off when The Bloke isn't looking!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Some of the larger Coles have an international food section also. I bought Mcvities Digestives from Coles (just with the rest of the biscuits) y'day too. If you check out stores like Crazy Clarks they often have British imports (granted at the moment its Ajax!) but I've bought Bassetts sweets from there

Not a big fan of the cheese here, but if you mix it up a bit (or spread Branston pickle all over it ) its okay. I tend to buy Boursin quite a lot which is yummy I don't eat crisps so cant really comment on that & have Albran for breakfast, which seems to be the same the world over (bit hard to change BRAN I guess )

Last edited by mlbonner; Aug 19th 2004 at 2:09 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:59 am
Just Joined

womblefox is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about up north but here in Sydney they have Weetabix - called "Weetbix" in a cunning trademark cover up.. - and they are sold pretty much everywhere. Tastes a tiny, tiny bit different but nothing your 1 year would notice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.