Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wedding presents

Wedding presents

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wedding presents

We are getting married in Queensland early next year, but most of my family & friends are in the UK and can't (or won't) come. I know that some department stores in the UK run on-line wedding lists, and then deliver everything to the home of the happy(??!) couple.
Does anyone know of an Aussie store (or even just a website)that does a similar thing? I'm looking for a way that people in the UK can order stuff, pay with a UK credit card, but not have to worry about shipping/posting it to us.
Ideas - or website suggestions - anyone???
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Julza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wedding presents

Originally posted by Pollyana
We are getting married in Queensland early next year, but most of my family & friends are in the UK and can't (or won't) come. I know that some department stores in the UK run on-line wedding lists, and then deliver everything to the home of the happy(??!) couple.
Does anyone know of an Aussie store (or even just a website)that does a similar thing? I'm looking for a way that people in the UK can order stuff, pay with a UK credit card, but not have to worry about shipping/posting it to us.
Hi There

Try www.davidjones.com

Julza
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Julza is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry its www.davidjones.com.au
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 2:08 pm
Badge

hi

remind me nearer the time and I'll bung a Woolies book voucher in the mail.

badgers

c u at the wedding!!

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

David Jones
http://www.davidjones.com.au/gift_br...HomeGiftBridal

and Myer
http://www.myer.com.au/services/gifts.asp

If you really desperate
http://www.crazyclarks.com.au/catalog.htm

MM
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 3:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys - David Jones and Myers look like good bets - especially David Jones as they have international phone numbers and stuff. Gives me a good start anyway.
I did tell The Bloke to go round the department stores in Brisbane and ask, but when he started saying things like "whats a wedding list?" I thought it had to be easier to ask you guys!

badgers - book voucher would be very handy - I'll send you an invite and you can bring it with you to The Big Event!!!