Wedding Cake

Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wedding Cake

Hi,
This is a bit of a trivial question so apologies in advance. We are getting married prior to hopefully migrating to Aus early next year. We were going to do the traditional keep a tier of the cake for the christening or arrival of the first child but given the tight restrictions on importing edible goods will this be possible. Has anyone managed to bring in unsealed food without being subject to arrest at the airport I expect we will just have to scoff it before we go

Cheers
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding Cake

There are plenty of foods you can bring in, you just have to do the honest thing and declare them. Definitely no fruit and vegies though. My Mum bought over a Christmas cake for my sister, same sort of cake as wedding cake, and that was ok. However, the cheeky customs officer said it was only ok if she let him have a slice! She wasn't too chuffed presenting my sister with a cake which was missing some.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:38 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
This is a bit of a trivial question so apologies in advance. We are getting married
Nothing trivial in your question

Good luck with the wedding
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jacqui
There are plenty of foods you can bring in, you just have to do the honest thing and declare them. Definitely no fruit and vegies though. My Mum bought over a Christmas cake for my sister, same sort of cake as wedding cake, and that was ok. However, the cheeky customs officer said it was only ok if she let him have a slice! She wasn't too chuffed presenting my sister with a cake which was missing some.

Thanks, that gives us some hope... are there any clear cut regulations about what they allow in and what they won't. I know generally any fresh fruit or veg or meat is off limits and generally unsealed goods... i am not sure i want to provide the over zealous customs officers with their morning coffee snack

Cheers
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

No problem with cooked/baked cakes.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Crumpers will become famous soon enoughCrumpers will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
This is a bit of a trivial question so apologies in advance. We are getting married prior to hopefully migrating to Aus early next year. We were going to do the traditional keep a tier of the cake for the christening or arrival of the first child but given the tight restrictions on importing edible goods will this be possible. Has anyone managed to bring in unsealed food without being subject to arrest at the airport I expect we will just have to scoff it before we go

Cheers
We did exactly the same and brought the top tier with us, well shipped it over anyway. It had obviously been inspected by customs as it wasn't packaged quite as neatly! But it got here in one piece.
I think you should be fine as long as it is declared on your shipping/entry forms.
All the best with the wedding
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:39 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of our wedding cake came over with us. We declared it coming through customs and had no problems
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crumpers
We did exactly the same and brought the top tier with us, well shipped it over anyway. It had obviously been inspected by customs as it wasn't packaged quite as neatly! But it got here in one piece.
I think you should be fine as long as it is declared on your shipping/entry forms.
All the best with the wedding

Thanks... at least we can keep up the tradition... now we just have to make the kids