Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Websites for aircraft trade jobs?

Websites for aircraft trade jobs?

Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:20 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Websites for aircraft trade jobs?

The time has come for us to start considering whether or not we're going to move from Richmond, NSW! We came out on a 457 visa and had to stay with the company for 2 years (or we'd have to pay them back a lot of money!!) so soon we will be free!

We now need to look at other areas for hubbys work (airframe fitter) so I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites that listed this type of work? The only one I know of is www.airmech.co.uk which is more of a forum than a job vacancies site.

Help as always is very much appreciated

Rach xxxx
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:09 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Websites for aircraft trade jobs?

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
The time has come for us to start considering whether or not we're going to move from Richmond, NSW! We came out on a 457 visa and had to stay with the company for 2 years (or we'd have to pay them back a lot of money!!) so soon we will be free!

We now need to look at other areas for hubbys work (airframe fitter) so I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites that listed this type of work? The only one I know of is www.airmech.co.uk which is more of a forum than a job vacancies site.

Rach xxxx
Oh come on people! There must be some other aircraft tradies on here surely???
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:11 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Rach xxxx
Rach,

- Have you got your permanent residency visas now?

- Does your husband have appropriate licence/s permitting him to work on aircraft in a licensed capacity in Australia?

- I know an agency that deals with aircraft engineers and technicians in Victoria (Melbourne): feel able to email me your husband's CV if you are interested (alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com)

Best regards.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Rach,

- Have you got your permanent residency visas now?

- Does your husband have appropriate licence/s permitting him to work on aircraft in a licensed capacity in Australia?

- I know an agency that deals with aircraft engineers and technicians in Victoria (Melbourne): feel able to email me your husband's CV if you are interested (alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com)

Best regards.
Hi Alan

Thanks for that

Yes we've had PR for 18 months now thankfully.

I'll PM you for more details

Thanks again

Rach
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Why don't you ask the guys on the D&G forum on PPRUNE
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by deano66
Why don't you ask the guys on the D&G forum on PPRUNE
Thanks for that - I'll check it out
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:26 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Rach xxxx
You can usually find something on seek.com.au, under transport/aviation or under engineering.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You can usually find something on seek.com.au, under transport/aviation or under engineering.
Thanks - I'll check that out too
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

www.defencejobs.gov.au

The Army and RAAF are both seeking aircraft fitters as a specified trade.

You could also try the aircraft operators sites, such as Boeing Australia and try and find all the contractors that work out of the big airports and with the defence sites.

I'll try and find out where the Aus Army send their aircraft for depth maintenance, as base workshops, under a civilian contractor, could be an option.

Also:

https://jobsearch.gov.au
www.matchtech.com/aerospace
www.aviationjobsearch.com
www.raes.org.uk/raes/careers
http://www.airline-charter-jobs.net/...jobresults.asp

Good luck

Last edited by GaryKristensen; Jan 13th 2008 at 9:03 am.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
www.defencejobs.gov.au

The Army and RAAF are both seeking aircraft fitters as a specified trade.

You could also try the aircraft operators sites, such as Boeing Australia and try and find all the contractors that work out of the big airports and with the defence sites.

I'll try and find out where the Aus Army send their aircraft for depth maintenance, as base workshops, under a civilian contractor, could be an option.

Also:

https://jobsearch.gov.au
www.matchtech.com/aerospace
www.aviationjobsearch.com
www.raes.org.uk/raes/careers
http://www.airline-charter-jobs.net/...jobresults.asp

Good luck
Thanks ever so much for that - I'll check them out - very much appreciated

I see you're in Toowoomba......which if I'm not mistaken isnt too far from Coolangatta Airport?? dont suppose you have any contacts there do you?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Sorry, but no. We've only been out here for 2 months.

I work in defence (Army) in aviation at Oakey, where I know there are contractors like boeing.

Brisbane is 120km down the Warrego Highway and Oakey has it's own (small) airport too.

Like I said, I'll try and find out about the civilian contractors who work for defence.

There are a lot worse places to live than Toowoomba as well. We think it is a great City, albeit inland and a little bit "hick". Lovely countryside and a great, friendly atmosphere.