Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather thread! 28 degrees in our back garden!

Weather thread! 28 degrees in our back garden!

Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:36 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Weather thread! 28 degrees in our back garden!

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Bloody hell!!! Did it not say how much it was on the website when you looked.... will check out the piccies.
Aimee went to a birthday party at a local pottery palce like that Gladstone Pottery Museum. Don't know how much it was but it wasn't that expensive.
Oh well, look at it this wasy, you've done it now so don't have to go again.

we had a trip from work.....to Bridgewater Potteries...... you get to design a piece of ware and have somthing to eat and drink

boomie
Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
we had a trip from work.....to Bridgewater Potteries...... you get to design a piece of ware and have somthing to eat and drink

boomie
Was it expensive? We did enjoy ourselves and it was nice to see the kids making and designing something that we can keep forever, but it was so expensive!!!! Friends in Cleveland said theres something similar in Pomona near Noosa.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:33 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Good luck mate, get the bugger sold and get out here

(Carls meds went well btw - shouldn't be long now from what they said )
Hi Cas

Well the viewers have been.... loved the house but not sold theirs yet.
She said she would have to think about it cos she has about 16-20 people in her house at the weekends who she feeds and doesn't know if our dining room would be big enough!"" I ask ya?? We have a 22ft lounge with a 10ft dining room and then a 11ft conservatory on the end. It may not be big enough!!!

Anway will wait for Saturday cos we have the doctor coming who should have come before to view.

Pleased that Carls meds went ok, so you just wait now eh.... bet u can't ait eh.... we can't either.

Take care luv Ang xx
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Originally Posted by aussie73
When you get to Melbourne in three weeks it will probably be 15c degrees with grey skies, few showers, this time of year. Your leaving sunny England for cold OZ.

This is the weather at the moment in Melbourne. However we have just had the third driest May on record here and the driest Autumn of all time. The Summer and Autumn have been superb for weather, apart from a blip in early Feb. We are promised a bit more sun and 17C on Friday though.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil S
This is the weather at the moment in Melbourne. However we have just had the third driest May on record here and the driest Autumn of all time. The Summer and Autumn have been superb for weather, apart from a blip in early Feb. We are promised a bit more sun and 17C on Friday though.
Ahhh pure bliss today! Day off work, took kids for walk around village then a 'long' countryside walk (wasn't meant to be long - but somehow ended up that way), followed by drink at the pub! Suffolk countryside looking great but still got this on/off rain! How long will this appreciation of where we live last? I'm now very conscious of everything 'good' about Britain. Maybe it's because at some point I know we'll be leaving it all behind? I have to keep reminding myself that Britain is only 'green' for 5 mths of the year. Ahhhh decisions decisions!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glittababe
It was a glorious day yesterday! Temps creeped up in my back garden to 28 degrees with a nice cooling breeze. I made my ten yr old erect my tubular framed hammock (its very comfy) and I lazed all day (completely covered in SPF 40, long sleeved top and hat). Now today its a bit dull, still warm but no blue skies. How's it doing in everyone elses back yards? Do you think weather/climate really is important?
Hurrah its edging towards 30 in my back garden now! Have been lazing around on my hammock all day in bikini! Neighbours obviously shocked (they're in their 90's), kids have stayed inside as whilse putting sun block on eldest I noticed very suspicious looking mole Hot footing it to GP asap.