Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa question for nurse

visa question for nurse

Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough
Default visa question for nurse

By the time I apply for my visa around September I will have been a qualified nurse for 12 months.However for the 136, it requires that you have been working for the past 3 out of 4 years in the nominated profession, would my training count?If not would I have to look for a sponsor and go for temporary residency. I have read booklet 6 and it doesnt seem to answer my question.Thanks Mandy
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:01 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa question for nurse

Originally Posted by wayne&mandy
By the time I apply for my visa around September I will have been a qualified nurse for 12 months.However for the 136, it requires that you have been working for the past 3 out of 4 years in the nominated profession, would my training count?If not would I have to look for a sponsor and go for temporary residency. I have read booklet 6 and it doesnt seem to answer my question.Thanks Mandy
I know that training doesn't count - but can't you go on one of those free emmigration assessment websites to sort out your points
Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi mandy,
not sure of your answer, lynnlovesum will know im sure.
ive been an enrolled nurse for 15yrs and just qualified as rgn in april, ive got a job and sponsorship for pr visa, the visa is rsms visa which means you have to work for the employer for 2yrs but its pr not temp, this is a good visa for us 'newly qualifieds', well in the eye of dimia anyway.
good luck

Trish
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

A friend of mine is applying for a 136 PR visa having only been qualified a year...there is obviously some way round it. I'll ask her and get back to you when I can find out.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Hi Mandy,
I'm a nurse also and have got my PR visa. You don't need 3 out of 4 years experience unless you need the extra points!! You need at least 12 months out of the last 18months. So unless you need the extra 5 points then you are fine to apply in September.
Hope this helps.
good luck Marie
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:09 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try looking in the Nursing section of this forum. You may find that someone in there knows the answer to your question...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Maybe try looking in the Nursing section of this forum. You may find that someone in there knows the answer to your question...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Thanks everyone, I will look it up. Mandy
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Training doesn't normally count. However the 3 years in 4 thing is only relevant if you need points for work experience. Many nurses don't need these points (because of MODL).

Be careful about working hours - anything less than 20 per week is not accepted by DIMIA for general skilled. This catches out lots of nurses.

If points are a problem have you looked at Skill Matching/STNI with sponsorship from a participating state?

You'll get more information if you ask on the immigration forum (that's the best place for immigration questions).

Jeremy