Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather is not everything

Weather is not everything

Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather is not everything

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Now I know what I'm doing wrong. If I just had a BBQ I'd be happier here.
Made me chuckle!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by northernbird
absolutely, somewhere on this thread somebody suggested that to enjoy it here you must have had a shit life in the UK. What total and utter bollocks.
I guess we`ll love it then
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:21 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lorids
which word didn't you understand?
All of them, I'm Danish.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:27 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Your reasons for moving are meaningless. They will have no bearing on whether you thrive here or not. Plenty of people move to Australia for all sorts of deluded reasons and love it. Plenty of people move to Australia for the same sorts of deluded reasons and are back in blighty within the year. There's no rule book and no guarantee. You cannot apply your own personal reasoning, ethics or whatever to someone else. Sometimes, for some people, the weather *is* everything.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorids
hi northern bird

I think you need to be very careful how you interpret other peoples posts to ensure this forum remains a useful tool for people who are seriously considering moving to Australia.

The post (I think the one you are referring to written by me) did not say to enjoy Australia you had to have had a shit life in the UK. It was a post to encourage people to seriously look in detail at what they were leaving behind in the UK and what they expected on a day to day basis to fulfill what they already had and make it better. I have spoken to, met and posted so many people returning who looked at Australia on such a macro level and didn't consider the day to day.
However is it not pretty obvious that if someone's life is 'shit' as you wrongly quoted then of course it will be far easier to enjoy a different life no matter where. Unfortunately it is not so dried cut as you interpreted..give people posting some credit!! and perhaps read posts more carefully before slandering.
I think slander is a little harsh don't you think. I interpreted that statement differently to how you meant it, hardly think it's slander.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Your reasons for moving are meaningless. They will have no bearing on whether you thrive here or not. Plenty of people move to Australia for all sorts of deluded reasons and love it. Plenty of people move to Australia for the same sorts of deluded reasons and are back in blighty within the year. There's no rule book and no guarantee. You cannot apply your own personal reasoning, ethics or whatever to someone else. Sometimes, for some people, the weather *is* everything.
Here here !!! Now that is sensible !
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true post.

For some of us weather is everything. I actually get "depressed" and suffer a mild personality change in the winter. It is not the sole reason for emigrating but the weather affects many people. For some who work in a warm office e.t.c the very cold weather does not bother them too much . I work outside quite a lot and it is bloody tough,aching knees in the winter, split hands e.t.c. To some of us the warmth and sun makes a huge difference to.

I would rather be unhappy in the sunshine rather than unhappy in the cold and rain.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by the big IP
what good is sun, if you have no money, family and friends, looks like people try and " live the dream" and think it is like Home and Away
Aussie has crime, everyone doesn't have a pool, or a bbq, or thousands of pounds to bring over, we dont have lots of friends or family and all aussies are not happy go lucky people.
plus there is not a huge rainbow at the end of the yellow brick rd
any brits coming over just take a step back and think
cause once your here and you don't like it. it costs a hell of a lot more to go back
sorry if it is a bit negative, but it really annoys me when people back in england think it is like home and away
In truth if you havent got money to buy a house then Australia is just like england without the sun, and whats the use of that when you cant enjoy it, give me friends, family and rain any time.
be careful what you wish for.
Just out of curiosity why did you go????
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think slander is a little harsh don't you think. I interpreted that statement differently to how you meant it, hardly think it's slander.
Come on - crap and shit are totally different things
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

.....and that's a fact
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:57 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
All of them, I'm Danish.
I couldn't resist!! A translation for you native tongue!!
JEG mene jer savn at blive nok så grundig hvor jer fortolke anden folks opstille hen til sikre sig indeværende forum rester en nyttig værktøj nemlig folk hvem er alvorligt holde omflytning hen til Australien. Den opstille ( jeg mene den sig du er i henhold til skrevet af mig ) gjorde ikke sige hen til glæde sig ved Australien jer måtte gå nyde fik en lort liv i den UK. Den var en opstille hen til give mod folk hen til alvorligt kigge indenfor detalje henne ved hvad de var indlevering hale i den UK og hvad de ventet oven på en dag hen til dag holdepunkt hen til opfylde hvad de allerede fik og skabe sig bedre. Jeg har spoken hen til , mødte og sendt altså mange folk vender tilbage hvem så ud henne ved Australien oven på sådan en makro bringe i niveau og gjorde ikke holde den dag hen til dag. Hvordan end er den ikke smuk selvfølgelig at selv om nogen liv er 'shit' nemlig jer galt angivet så er der ikke mere selvfølgelig sig vil være langt lettere hen til glæde sig ved en anderledes liv lige meget der hvor. Beklageligvis den er ikke altså tørret klip nemlig jer tolket. indrømme folk postering noget godskrive!! og måske læse opstille nøjere i nærværelse af bagtale.
Ali x
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:58 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Why is having rose tinted glasses so wrong? Why cant people have dreams and aspirations despite how wrong they may be, isnt that what gives people hope? Isnt that what caused people to explore this great world and find places like Australia? Ignoring the people who squashed their dreams....the world is flat, boring and certainly not like home and away.

Yes people may get to Australia and realise its not their dream and its not what they thought it would be but at least they tried it and got the teeshirt, why is it so wrong to be wrong? Why are we so keen to highlight how not every path is paved in gold? Maybe the path isnt paved in gold but the flowers around it are beautiful!

Scottie x
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Well said, anyway might be paved with gold if the aussie dollar went up to 3 to the pound
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:14 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alipally
I couldn't resist!! A translation for you native tongue!!
JEG mene jer savn at blive nok så grundig hvor jer fortolke anden folks opstille hen til sikre sig indeværende forum rester en nyttig værktøj nemlig folk hvem er alvorligt holde omflytning hen til Australien. Den opstille ( jeg mene den sig du er i henhold til skrevet af mig ) gjorde ikke sige hen til glæde sig ved Australien jer måtte gå nyde fik en lort liv i den UK. Den var en opstille hen til give mod folk hen til alvorligt kigge indenfor detalje henne ved hvad de var indlevering hale i den UK og hvad de ventet oven på en dag hen til dag holdepunkt hen til opfylde hvad de allerede fik og skabe sig bedre. Jeg har spoken hen til , mødte og sendt altså mange folk vender tilbage hvem så ud henne ved Australien oven på sådan en makro bringe i niveau og gjorde ikke holde den dag hen til dag. Hvordan end er den ikke smuk selvfølgelig at selv om nogen liv er 'shit' nemlig jer galt angivet så er der ikke mere selvfølgelig sig vil være langt lettere hen til glæde sig ved en anderledes liv lige meget der hvor. Beklageligvis den er ikke altså tørret klip nemlig jer tolket. indrømme folk postering noget godskrive!! og måske læse opstille nøjere i nærværelse af bagtale.
Ali x
JEG tak for lån nedenfra i mig hive efter vejret!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Why ?

Why not move because you can ?

Why not move to experience more of the world ?
That is probably why we moved.... fancied it, had the opportunity and gave it a go.

It is working out so far.

Maybe because I came with no real expectations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.