Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Weather is not everything

[QUOTE=Stitch;5569433]
Originally Posted by Margaret3

My secrets out!!!

Cheers

Ginny
forgot to add, it always snows in the winter, especially on xmas day, after a hearty lunch, we sledge doon the hills, then with our extended family and friends we sing xmas carols around the open fire
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:59 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Weather is not everything

Originally Posted by Margaret3
and scotland is full of people wearing kilts, running around the hills shouting FREEDOM
This has been true ever since the SNP came to power.

Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:59 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Does anyone seriously think that living in Australia is like Home & Away?
Actually my life in Australia was more like 'Eastenders'........depressing!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:01 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

And for MOST of us it works out just fine and we're a lot happier than our lives in the UK.

Different strokes and all that.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:03 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Margaret3;5569454]
Originally Posted by Stitch

forgot to add, it always snows in the winter, especially on xmas day, after a hearty lunch, we sledge doon the hills, then with our extended family and friends we sing xmas carols around the open fire
I'll put on a bikini and sing waltzing matilda....Will that do you
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Yes it is! I've seen the chocolate boxes and they never lie!

Buzzy
What about John Major's maidens cycling through dawn mist to Mass?

Sweet dears used to run me over.

And the boys from the local RAF base doing flybys over the pub garden in their Spitfires. They've banned it now - Health and Safety.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
And for MOST of us it works out just fine and we're a lot happier than our lives in the UK.

absolutely, somewhere on this thread somebody suggested that to enjoy it here you must have had a shit life in the UK. What total and utter bollocks.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:20 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

Yes you are right - for many it does work out in Oz and they are happy - I guess a lot of people are just more surprised when they hear about the ones that didn't like it and came back again.

I think a lot of people in the UK that have never migrated have a very anti UK stance and believe that life in Australia can only be better (and that was me prior to migration) - that's what so great about this forum it shows both sides - those that are settled and happy and those who never settle and prefer the UK.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coriuk
it is 5 degrees in London today, grey and damp and guess what, it is going to be like this until MAY. I for one have had enough, people are happier in the sunshine.

You know what, everyone i have ever met in Australia has a BBQ, not exactly a luxury item.

I think though, if you have led your life with your extended family at close quarters Australia will be very difficult to adjust to.
Now I know what I'm doing wrong. If I just had a BBQ I'd be happier here.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
absolutely, somewhere on this thread somebody suggested that to enjoy it here you must have had a shit life in the UK. What total and utter bollocks.
hi northern bird

I think you need to be very careful how you interpret other peoples posts to ensure this forum remains a useful tool for people who are seriously considering moving to Australia.

The post (I think the one you are referring to written by me) did not say to enjoy Australia you had to have had a shit life in the UK. It was a post to encourage people to seriously look in detail at what they were leaving behind in the UK and what they expected on a day to day basis to fulfill what they already had and make it better. I have spoken to, met and posted so many people returning who looked at Australia on such a macro level and didn't consider the day to day.
However is it not pretty obvious that if someone's life is 'shit' as you wrongly quoted then of course it will be far easier to enjoy a different life no matter where. Unfortunately it is not so dried cut as you interpreted..give people posting some credit!! and perhaps read posts more carefully before slandering.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:46 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lorids
hi northern bird

I think you need to be very careful how you interpret other peoples posts to ensure this forum remains a useful tool for people who are seriously considering moving to Australia.

The post (I think the one you are referring to written by me) did not say to enjoy Australia you had to have had a shit life in the UK. It was a post to encourage people to seriously look in detail at what they were leaving behind in the UK and what they expected on a day to day basis to fulfill what they already had and make it better. I have spoken to, met and posted so many people returning who looked at Australia on such a macro level and didn't consider the day to day.
However is it not pretty obvious that if someone's life is 'shit' as you wrongly quoted then of course it will be far easier to enjoy a different life no matter where. Unfortunately it is not so dried cut as you interpreted..give people posting some credit!! and perhaps read posts more carefully before slandering.
Have you swallowed a dictionary?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Have you swallowed a dictionary?
which word didn't you understand?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon guys, lets keep this a polite thread. There is room for everyone's views and they all deserve to been given space.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Move to Australia because you have good reasons to make the move. Very good reasons that pass basic muster.

If you're bored, and need a change, stay at home and apply for "Family Fortunes'' like other bored Little Englanders.

Why ?

Why not move because you can ?

Why not move to experience more of the world ?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Why ?

Why not move because you can ?

Why not move to experience more of the world ?
You can - and certainly give it a try- but it might not work out. Exhibit A - a lot of people on this forum.

I think there are alot of people who get caught by the very trap that the OP mentions - and it was the first thing I noticed too when I first read this forum...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.