Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather - Adelaide

Weather - Adelaide

Old May 9th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

KAYJAS will become famous soon enoughKAYJAS will become famous soon enough
Default Weather - Adelaide

I've read in various forum threads that the weather in Adelaide is not as good as peoples expectations. Do you think these people have forgot what bad/depressing weather we have hear in the UK?
My main reason for moving is because I feel really fed up in the long winter months. Will Adelaide resolve my problem or is the weather in Adelaide not as good as I might think.
Old May 9th 2006, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather - Adelaide

Originally Posted by KAYJAS
I've read in various forum threads that the weather in Adelaide is not as good as peoples expectations. Do you think these people have forgot what bad/depressing weather we have hear in the UK?
My main reason for moving is because I feel really fed up in the long winter months. Will Adelaide resolve my problem or is the weather in Adelaide not as good as I might think.
This is what my Aunt said in her e-mail to me the other day, she has lived there for something like 10 years:

its winter time now over here until October, so its not the best weather it gets quite cool not like the winters in England,it will be like going to Moreacambe in summer time, wet and windy some times

Hope that helps
Old May 9th 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Trace&Steve is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Weather - Adelaide

Hi I'm from Adelaide and I love the weather there. We get all of the seasons in Summer it is usually between 28 to 36 or so but can get up to 45 and in winter its usually around 12 - 14 ish and the other seasons can vary from say 16 to 30 just depends really.. We were there in April last year which was Autumn and had a few days of it being 28/30. So if you like all the four seasons then its a great place to live.
Old May 9th 2006, 4:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide can have a long cold wet winter.

Last year was one of the worst for a while.

Last time I was there in the winter it felt little different to a UK winter. Be warned....the people have not forgotten.... they are now living in houses with little heating and no insulation.

G
Old May 9th 2006, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Adelaide can have a long cold wet winter.

Last year was one of the worst for a while.

Last time I was there in the winter it felt little different to a UK winter. Be warned....the people have not forgotten.... they are now living in houses with little heating and no insulation.

G
Except mine! I've specified improved insulation.

We were there last June - and must have been extremely lucky with the weather as it was clear and sunny for most of the 10 days we were there with maybe 2 days of rain.
Old May 9th 2006, 4:47 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Except mine! I've specified improved insulation.

We were there last June - and must have been extremely lucky with the weather as it was clear and sunny for most of the 10 days we were there with maybe 2 days of rain.
The June before it pissed it down for days on end.

I was there last November (meant to be spring) and there were floods all over caused by the torrential rain.

Let's just say that Adelaide has 'interesting' weather

G
Old May 9th 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trace&Steve
Hi I'm from Adelaide and I love the weather there. We get all of the seasons in Summer it is usually between 28 to 36 or so but can get up to 45 and in winter its usually around 12 - 14 ish and the other seasons can vary from say 16 to 30 just depends really.. We were there in April last year which was Autumn and had a few days of it being 28/30. So if you like all the four seasons then its a great place to live.
In Adelaide winters do people still go fishing and cycling? or is it only the real hardies that do that? I love fishing and cycling but I can't stand not being able to go out because of the weather! Maybe it could be too hot to go fishing? and what about the flies!! Are they a problem?
Old May 9th 2006, 5:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

In Adelaide winters do people still go fishing and cycling? or is it only the real hardies that do that? I love fishing and cycling but I can't stand not being able to go out because of the weather! Maybe it could be too hot to go fishing? and what about the flies!! Are they a problem?
Fishing is OK in the winter but, bear in mind, that the fishing in SA is a poor relation to most states. Fishing is best in the summer but the flies can be dreadful....we were driven from the water one day last November... they were unbearable :scared:

Most of the Freshwater (what little there is) is either strictly controlled by clubs, not accessible at all or overrun with Carp.

Look here: http://www.fishsa.com/

The fishing(both sea and freshwater) is far better in most other states although SA does have it's spots.

G
Old May 9th 2006, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Guzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant future

Don,t you have trouble holding on to the handlebars whilst casting?

Guzzler
Old May 9th 2006, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Guzzler&Sas
Don,t you have trouble holding on to the handlebars whilst casting?

Guzzler
My claim to fame is being stopped by the police for eating a bag of chips cycling no handed along Southend sea front !!
Old May 9th 2006, 8:31 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

I always look at this site for weather: http://www.msn.co.uk/news/weather/wo...lt.asp?MSPSA=1
Regards,
Paul