Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

children aged 5 & under - going to Perth?

children aged 5 & under - going to Perth?

Old May 8th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Default children aged 5 & under - going to Perth?

Is there many of you with children under 5 going to Perth, or already there?
Today my 3 year old daughter asked if she can take her friends with her to Australia! I explained she will have new friends & wondered how many of you on here will be looking for friends for your little ones as well as yourselves?!

Leigh
Old May 8th 2006, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: children aged 5 & under - going to Perth?

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Today my 3 year old daughter asked if she can take her friends with her to Australia! I explained she will have new friends & wondered how many of you on here will be looking for friends for your little ones as well as yourselves?!

Leigh
Might be a bit young but we are arriving in Perth on 24 June and our son will be 2 on 13 July.

We are looking at northern suburbs around Hocking and Ashby area. Would be great to meet mum's of young kids but don't know if my Ben might be a bit too young.

Hope you have success

Lucy
Old May 8th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Leigh
Hi Leigh,

I have a 3 year old daughter too. We're moving out on the 22nd of June and will be staying with my in-laws in Rockingham till we find our own place. When are you planning the big move? Do you have any ideas where you'll be staying?

Take care
Marina x
Old May 8th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I've got 2 little boys aged 2.5yrs and 4.5yrs. My eldest keeps telling everyone "we're moving to Perth in Stralia and we going to watch movies on the plane".

Leigh
Old May 8th 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Luma
I've got 2 little boys aged 2.5yrs and 4.5yrs. My eldest keeps telling everyone "we're moving to Perth in Stralia and we going to watch movies on the plane".
we have 2 little girls a 4 year old and youngest 2 in july hoping to move in jan if eveything goes to plan
Old May 8th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nomayaja
Hi Leigh,

I have a 3 year old daughter too. We're moving out on the 22nd of June and will be staying with my in-laws in Rockingham till we find our own place. When are you planning the big move? Do you have any ideas where you'll be staying?

Take care
Marina x
Hi Marina

We are hoping to go September, dependant on house sale
No idea where we'll be staying yet, I keep changing my mind. We'll rent a furnished place for the first month & then decide.
Keep us updated with your move in June.

Good Luck

Leigh
Old May 8th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luma
Lol It's funny the things that stick in their minds about the move.
My mom told my DD she must ring every week because she will miss her.
DD replied, "I can't nanny, they don't have phones in Australia".

Leigh
Old May 8th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: children aged 5 & under - going to Perth?

Leigh
Hi Leigh

I have a 4yr old girl and if you are going to be near me we could get our little ones together, also there are so many play groups, toddler groups and Mums coffee mornings here of one description or another your daughter will have plenty friends to meet.

Good luck with the move

Kim
Old May 8th 2006, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Hi Marina

We are hoping to go September, dependant on house sale
No idea where we'll be staying yet, I keep changing my mind. We'll rent a furnished place for the first month & then decide.
Keep us updated with your move in June.

Good Luck

Leigh
Hi Leigh,

I'll keep you updated and hopefully will be in a position by September to help you with any questions you might have! Have you been to Perth before?

Marina x
Old May 8th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Leigh
Hiya Leigh,
We have two daughters 3 & 4 who will be wanting to make new friends (also the oldies as well!!) and also hoping to be in Perth by September (As long as house gets sold). We are hoping to go south around the Mandurah area but like yourself will rent first and then lay down definate roots once we have had a look at areas.
Lynne
Old May 9th 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nomayaja
Hi Leigh,

I'll keep you updated and hopefully will be in a position by September to help you with any questions you might have! Have you been to Perth before?

Marina x
No we've never been to Perth, we've never been to Australia for that matter! Exciting isn't it?!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Be good if we're near each other. Will let my DD there are some new friends waiting to meet her

Leigh
Old May 9th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

Great post

We are arriving in Perth on 5th June - I am married with 1 little girl just gone 2 today!!

She is also missing her firends from nursery but I have told her she will have lots of new ones - lets try and set up a meet up in June/Jule sometime - it will be great for the kids but better still will be great for us mums to meet up and gossip.

Not sure of the area we will live in yet - we are staying with family in Dianella - near center of Perth but we are looking to move to our to ocean - maybe Freemantle, Mandurah, Mindarie if its not too expensive - have not idea until we get there - any advice on areas welcomed.

Hope to continue the chats with you all - see you soon

Jayne
Old May 9th 2006, 8:35 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, what a lovely idea to get some friends for the little ones. I have a 4 year old boy but we're a long way off getting there yet.
Old May 9th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Hi
We are arriving in perth on 5th July, we have two boys Matthew (5) and Nathan (3), matthew is now starting to get a bit nervous about friends also. We have rented a house in Heathridge for a month while we try to find work then we will know where we will lok for a house.
Karen
Old May 9th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

No we've never been to Perth, we've never been to Australia for that matter! Exciting isn't it?!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Be good if we're near each other. Will let my DD there are some new friends waiting to meet her

Leigh
We are in the same boat, have never been to Australia. But thats all part of the adventure we think
Lynne