Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are very proud parents!!!

We are very proud parents!!!

Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default We are very proud parents!!!

Haven't posted in quite a while, been looking in though

As some of you will remember when we first arrived here with all our worries about the kids being at awkward ages (13) (15), will they fit in, find friends etc, Wednesday night this week we were so proud of our eldest who is now 17 when we went to his School Graduation Ceremony in Mandurah, he won an award for the year 12 Senior business studies highest achiever! I had a lump in my throat when he got up to receive his award. We are just so proud of him,

Yve
Very proud mum!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:38 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are very proud parents!!!

Originally Posted by abergas

As some of you will remember when we first arrived here with all our worries about the kids being at awkward ages (13) (15), will they fit in, find friends etc, Wednesday night this week we were so proud of our eldest who is now 17 when we went to his School Graduation Ceremony in Mandurah, he won an award for the year 12 Senior business studies highest achiever! I had a lump in my throat when he got up to receive his award. We are just so proud of him,

Yve
Very proud mum!

Congratulations to your eldest!

Donna.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madsad
Congratulations to your eldest!

Donna.

congratulations to you & your son

pootle26
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Ahhh good on him! He's a great lad & really deserves it. Well done Abergas Jr!

Loopy
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loopy
Ahhh good on him! He's a great lad & really deserves it. Well done Abergas Jr!

Loopy

Thanks, He has grown up in this last year, and achieved so much,
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Yve
Very proud mum!
well done to your son, and i am so proud of my kids, it feels great doesnt it.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:49 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Yve
Very proud mum!
Congrats!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:56 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Yve
Very proud mum!
Congratulations!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:52 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Yve
Very proud mum!

aw...thats lovely!
I take it they have settled in very well then?
post an update when you get time!

sue xx
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:54 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Yve
Very proud mum!

Lovely, you've given me hope, for my 14 year old, who swears her life will be ruined if we go.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:54 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news.
Tell him congratulations
Julie.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:02 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Lovely, you've given me hope, for my 14 year old, who swears her life will be ruined if we go.
thing is with teenagers, whatever you do will be the same outcome - if you dont go, something might happen, and she may say that because you didnt go, this happened, its ruined her life!!!!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:04 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
thing is with teenagers, whatever you do will be the same outcome - if you dont go, something might happen, and she may say that because you didnt go, this happened, its ruined her life!!!!

Ehhhhh, no, I think if we said we are definately not going I would make her the happiest teen in the world
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:08 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Yve
Very proud mum!
Thats excellent news. Congratulations to your son, and well done to the proud parents.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Yve
Very proud mum!
Congratulations, it's a great feeling when your kid goes up for an award. For those that aren't already out here, they make a big deal of Graduation Day, whether it's primary (year 7) or secondary (year 12), like the Americans do. Also the "Dux" award is a big thing - an overall student of the year award, any parent whose child is picked for that reacts like they've just won lotto!