Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

special migration-previous residency as child

special migration-previous residency as child

Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:43 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default special migration-previous residency as child

Can anyone help me? I'm new on here after discovering this site I can't stop reading all the interesting news from everyone! My question is I lived in Aus from aged 2 until 13. We returned to U.K with parents 20 years ago and I want to return with my boyfriend and 2 kids. I found a category SPECIAL MIGRATION LIVING FOR THE FIRST 9 OUT OF 18YEARS in Aus. ~Problem being do you have to have skilled job as I am studying for degree part time I am currently a TA with Autistic children in a school, my boyfreind is a skilled welder he is now self employed as a fitter. Do the immi look into jobs? Has anyone done this? My dad still lives in Aus but he is in the last year of bankruptcy :scared: not that you would know! I have a brother who could be guarantor or sponsor. ANY INFO GRATEFULLY RECEIVED Thankyou for any replies in advance.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: special migration-previous residency as child

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Can anyone help me? I'm new on here after discovering this site I can't stop reading all the interesting news from everyone! My question is I lived in Aus from aged 2 until 13. We returned to U.K with parents 20 years ago and I want to return with my boyfriend and 2 kids. I found a category SPECIAL MIGRATION LIVING FOR THE FIRST 9 OUT OF 18YEARS in Aus. ~Problem being do you have to have skilled job as I am studying for degree part time I am currently a TA with Autistic children in a school, my boyfreind is a skilled welder he is now self employed as a fitter. Do the immi look into jobs? Has anyone done this? My dad still lives in Aus but he is in the last year of bankruptcy :scared: not that you would know! I have a brother who could be guarantor or sponsor. ANY INFO GRATEFULLY RECEIVED Thankyou for any replies in advance.
Hi there,
Not sure about your specific case but I think you would have more luck finding answers on the Immigration Forum.
Wishing you lots of luck
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Can anyone help me? I'm new on here after discovering this site I can't stop reading all the interesting news from everyone! My question is I lived in Aus from aged 2 until 13. We returned to U.K with parents 20 years ago and I want to return with my boyfriend and 2 kids. I found a category SPECIAL MIGRATION LIVING FOR THE FIRST 9 OUT OF 18YEARS in Aus. ~Problem being do you have to have skilled job as I am studying for degree part time I am currently a TA with Autistic children in a school, my boyfreind is a skilled welder he is now self employed as a fitter.

The Former Resident visa is not skills-based. There are other requirements, however. And you have to be less than age 45 when you apply. Have you downloaded and read migration booklet 8:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books_migrate.htm

As someone else has noted, you should ask immigration questions on the immigration forum.

Needless to say, you would find it much simpler to return to Australia if your parents had obtained Australian citizenship for the family at the time.

Jeremy
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:43 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for your reply. I'm new please can you tell me where the immi forum is? Still finding new areas on here! Cheers