We Re Here

Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We Re Here

Originally Posted by scissors
hi there,sorry thought you lived in manly thanks for the website though i ll take a look and drool no doubt, lol,could be just a dream i think a house is first on the agenda,lol,but i think if we re going to live close to the sea we really must make the most of it
hope to meet you at the neat gathering,tracey
We used to live near there, but have moved. Have sent you a PM .
Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear you arrived safe, have fun and enjoy your new life, dont forget us lot back in blighty
Trish
xx
Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:32 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

we arrived in brisbane on sunday evening,i cant believe we re actually here our lovely friends amanda and hannah met us at the airport which was a really big help as it was dark and i think we would definately have got lost,lol.
we ve been looking around today and we ve covered alot of ground,as we re staying in ormiston at the mo we ve had a look round some areas of bayside,we ve looked round Raby bay and all i can say is wow what a lovely place, the houses are quite magnificent even though i think a bit out of our reach cleveland point the scenery is lovely across the water and the houseing areas look very nice to,we ve also looked aroundvictoria piont,i was looking out for ABc diamond the whole time,lol,we went inti the shopping mall there to,its much bigger place than id imagined,moreton marine park was lovely and redland bay, i cn see im going to have problem deciding where i want to live,we then headed down to the gold coast and checked out ashmore,which was very nice,quite a mixture of old and new houses there,we went to ashmore city shopping centre and bumped into the couplesson who we had met in langkawi,it was very strange because we also bumped into him in kuala lumpur,what are the chances of that
my first impressions of brisbane are thats its very clean,and spacious,the houses are very spaced out and the roads are very wide in comparison with the uk,its also the middle of winter and we re only walking around in short sleeves,seem bizzare.
we ve met some friendly people already who ve been telling us where to go and what to look for.
We re going out to dinner on friday night with a few other recently arrived expats so im really looking forward to that,got a few phone calls to make also people that want to meet up,cant wait,i already luv it here

tracey
Hi Tracey,
OOOHHHH you lucky things. Glad that you have arrived safe and sound.
Keep us posted and let us know which area you chose.
Hope we get out there soon.

Sharon
xxxx
Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

we arrived in brisbane on sunday evening,i cant believe we re actually here our lovely friends amanda and hannah met us at the airport which was a really big help as it was dark and i think we would definately have got lost,lol.
we ve been looking around today and we ve covered alot of ground,as we re staying in ormiston at the mo we ve had a look round some areas of bayside,we ve looked round Raby bay and all i can say is wow what a lovely place, the houses are quite magnificent even though i think a bit out of our reach cleveland point the scenery is lovely across the water and the houseing areas look very nice to,we ve also looked aroundvictoria piont,i was looking out for ABc diamond the whole time,lol,we went inti the shopping mall there to,its much bigger place than id imagined,moreton marine park was lovely and redland bay, i cn see im going to have problem deciding where i want to live,we then headed down to the gold coast and checked out ashmore,which was very nice,quite a mixture of old and new houses there,we went to ashmore city shopping centre and bumped into the couplesson who we had met in langkawi,it was very strange because we also bumped into him in kuala lumpur,what are the chances of that
my first impressions of brisbane are thats its very clean,and spacious,the houses are very spaced out and the roads are very wide in comparison with the uk,its also the middle of winter and we re only walking around in short sleeves,seem bizzare.
we ve met some friendly people already who ve been telling us where to go and what to look for.
We re going out to dinner on friday night with a few other recently arrived expats so im really looking forward to that,got a few phone calls to make also people that want to meet up,cant wait,i already luv it here

tracey
Good to see you got there safely. It all sounds so lovely. Glad you are loving it already. Good luck !!!!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear you made it across safely Tracey, we beat you by two weeks and its been all go since then.
We are up in Mango Hill, very nice up here, we are going to rent for a while then start looking all over the city for a good spot.
Hope all goes well for you.

Bill
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys
well we ve ben here a almost a week now and really loving it,we ve been to the city and had a look around,the city is great,kerry loved it there to,she found some trendy shops and found out about some gigs that shes eager to go to,so she started to feel a bit more positive after that,phewwww.
we ve been looking for rental properties and ive got to say there arent many around,many of them you find on the websites are already let,or if they look nice and they are reasonably price more often than not they leave alot to be desired,or there in the middle of knowhere,wanting somewhere near a train station i suppose doesnt help,so i think its more a case of seeing what rentals are available and if they are habitable and then choose which ones are most suitable for you,rather than choosing the area you definately want to live,but then when you go and view it often there are alot of others viewing at the same time,we went to one house and there were 7 cars parked outside all waiting for the estate agent,it was a house that sounded and looked lovely on paper,but was really awful when we went to see it.When you do find one you like you have to fill in a application form,and there could be half a dozen or so ap[plicants and its up to the land lord which one they choose to rent,so the more references you can bring over with you the better.
We ve found a house that we really like,its a litle more expensive than we planned to pay but as i said theres not much about,we should know on monday they said,so keep your finger crossed for us its in thorneside,which has a nice park with tennis football and alsorts going on,and theres a nice boating area and just down the road from birkdale fair,so its quite near to everything and the sea is just round the corner.
We went out last night with amanda and the girls and met mary and family and donna and family,we really had a good time,and there were plenty of teenagers who all shared one table and the adults shared another,it worked out very well,some of the teenagers are going out tonight and amanda donna and myself are going on the brissy girls night out,and we re ven stopping over,lol,i cant believe it then we re going to southbank market tomorrow,WHAT A CHORE

tracey

Last edited by scissors; Jul 22nd 2005 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:12 am
ABCDiamond

We went out last night with amanda and the girls and met mary and family and donna and family,we really had a good time,and there were plenty of teenagers who all shared one table and the adults shared another,it worked out very well,some of the teenagers are going out tonight and amanda donna and myself are going on the brissy girls night out,and we re ven stopping over,lol,i cant believe it then we re going to southbank market tomorrow,WHAT A CHORE

tracey
Sounds like you are settling in

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi ABC,yes we really love it here,everyone is really friendly and helpful,love all the marinas around here,we re hankering after a boat now not something we d really thought of before,lol,i cant believe the amount of shopping areas there are,there everywhere,and every other shop seems to be an eating place although we were i bit suprised when the place we went last night,The Hogs Breath closed at 10.30,strange but im sure we ll get used to that
we re going to visit the couple we met on holiday today,we ve been invited for dinner,they live in coomera,so looking forward to that,getting to know are first aussie friends QUOTE=ABCDiamond]Sounds like you are settling in [/QUOTE]
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=scissors]
ah, now you well settled. going oot for dinner
keep updating us, its great to see someone really happy

soapy

Last edited by soapy©; Jul 23rd 2005 at 2:18 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:50 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey, dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but Thorneside has a bit of a hoon problem, make sure you check out the roads around where you are going to live for signs ie tyre marks everywhere.

The end up close to Birkdale Fair & in behind it isnt as bad as the other end closer to Manly/Lota. Hope that helps.

PS. You arent the only one who has said how hard it is to find somewhere to rent, especially somewhere even half decent!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi tracey Glad you've arrived safely and loving it, so pleased for you. Just waiting for our house to exchange and complete and then we hope to go october ....cant wait
Best of luck to you with your new life
irene
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hello tracey, I'm pleased to hear you like it there and amazed that there's trendy shops in Brissy, we thought it was Bogan heaven

I hope your not piling on too much wait with all those restaurants

Enjoy your night out and good luck with the house hunting.

Fraser xx
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

hi ABC,yes we really love it here,everyone is really friendly and helpful,love all the marinas around here,we re hankering after a boat now not something we d really thought of before,lol,i cant believe the amount of shopping areas there are,there everywhere,and every other shop seems to be an eating place although we were i bit suprised when the place we went last night,The Hogs Breath closed at 10.30,strange but im sure we ll get used to that
we re going to visit the couple we met on holiday today,we ve been invited for dinner,they live in coomera,so looking forward to that,getting to know are first aussie friends QUOTE=ABCDiamond]Sounds like you are settling in
[/QUOTE]

Hi Tracey,

Sounds like you're having a great time. Did you enjoy the beach at Southbank? Seems strange having a beach in the middle of the city. There are some nice restaurants at Southbank, but also check our Rosalie, Paddington, Oxford st (Bulimba), all very close to CBD. I quite liked Coomera when we were house hunting. We saw some lovely houses around the water that were quite affordable at the time (about 1 year ago). I found it was far more spacious than some other Gold Coast places, but I guess it may have changed a lot in a year. At the time we were looking at Upper Coomera.
Well we have 46 days and counting. I can't think straight I'm so excited. Our shippers come on Friday. We've had a nightmare trying to get that organised but now we're raring to go. Just wish I could jump on a flight tomorrow and forget all the crap in between, but we're sticking around for our house sale to complete, and of-course we have to wait for our own purchase in Brisbane to complete, settlement date is Sept 9th, which is the morning we arrive in Brissy. So we'll pick up the key and break open the bubbly. Anyone in the area is welcome to help us celebrate!

Carry on having a great time. Good luck with the rental search.

Netta XX
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey glad to hear first impressions are good.
Good luck with the rental I understand it is a bit of a nightmare.
You don't want to end up in some flea pit.
Hope all goes well and you settle into your new life.
Cheers
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

pete hoy is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: We Re Here

tracey
Hi scissors nice to hear you made it we arrived April settled on gold coast, we met in January at the midlands meet we also went to the gold coast meet a few weeks ago hope it,s all you dreamed of PETE & DEB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.