Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are not going now...

We are not going now...

Old May 10th 2004, 8:20 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default We are not going now...

Well after much talking since my husband came back from his trip to QLD in Feb-March. We have decided we are not going. I was gutted at the time it finally dawned on me, the he just could not do it, but am OK now. Life goes on. And if we have a change of heart we still have 4.5 years to get there.

So I don't know what we are going to do now. But I will be watching the boards with interest to see what progress people are making.

So good luck everyone, I hope everything turns out how you have dreamed it.
Old May 10th 2004, 8:23 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: We are not going now...

Originally posted by cinderella
Well after much talking since my husband came back from his trip to QLD in Feb-March. We have decided we are not going. I was gutted at the time it finally dawned on me, the he just could not do it, but am OK now. Life goes on. And if we have a change of heart we still have 4.5 years to get there.

So I don't know what we are going to do now. But I will be watching the boards with interest to see what progress people are making.

So good luck everyone, I hope everything turns out how you have dreamed it.

Well, good luck with whatever you end up doing.... Cheshire ain't too bad I guess
Old May 10th 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Cinderella

Not much to say really apart from good luck to you both.

footie xx
Old May 10th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

hiya cinderella,

I am assuming that you have the visas and have validated them?

What made your hubby realise he coulden't go / do it?

Good luck and best wishes with whatever you do,
Old May 10th 2004, 9:02 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by mlbonner
Well, good luck with whatever you end up doing.... Cheshire ain't too bad I guess

No it is not a bad place to be. Where are you? We are in Wilmslow.
Old May 10th 2004, 9:08 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by cinderella
No it is not a bad place to be. Where are you? We are in Wilmslow.

Frodsham - junction 12 off the M56 Not that far away from you really.
Old May 10th 2004, 9:13 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheshire is pretty wonderful
Old May 10th 2004, 9:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Was it just Queensland he wasn't keen on? How about thinking of a different location?
Old May 10th 2004, 9:23 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Cheshire is pretty wonderful

Its the best county I live in
Old May 10th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Its the best county I live in
I am definitely not even going to bother pulling Nottingham in to this argument.....
Old May 10th 2004, 9:59 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by jasper pentop
I am definitely not even going to bother pulling Nottingham in to this argument.....

Think you just did
Old May 10th 2004, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddd I cant believe i made that my 300 post, wish I had been paying attention, would never have mentioned the "n" word!
Old May 10th 2004, 10:15 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddd I cant believe i made that my 300 post, wish I had been paying attention, would never have mentioned the "n" word!

Ha ha, yaay you I got my 500th on the weekend and noone was around to share it with
Old May 15th 2004, 7:08 pm

Originally posted by steandleigh
hiya cinderella,

I am assuming that you have the visas and have validated them?

What made your hubby realise he coulden't go / do it?

Good luck and best wishes with whatever you do,

Apologies all for not replying to your questions sooner.

steandleigh,

There were lots of things really. It certainly was not the place it self. He didn't like the attitude of the men, ignorant, chauvanistic etc. He also found some to be very racist. The lack of choice of consumer goods.
Also business wise, unless we had a shop in a big shopping centre, things would not be good for us. And we did not want to open a shop, which is what we have now and be tied down to weekend trading, busy xmas's etc.
Then the isolation really hit him. It was the wrong thing for him to go our there on his own. Some men can do it OK, but for us it was a bad plan.

So until we decide what to do, we are going to extend our house and build up the internet and ebay parts of our business that do not need a shop.
Old May 15th 2004, 7:09 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Was it just Queensland he wasn't keen on? How about thinking of a different location?

Hi,

It wasn't QLD really, I hope I have answered your question in the post I have just posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.