Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have bout a surf kite...exciting...eekk!!

We have bout a surf kite...exciting...eekk!!

Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default We have bout a surf kite...exciting...eekk!!

Hi guys

We are now living in Bulcock beach, we just bought a 14m surf kite!!!!! Eeekkkk! I am a tad scared, anyone else got one??

Cheers

The Spinkways
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We have bout a surf kite...exciting...eekk!!

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi guys

We are now living in Bulcock beach, we just bought a 14m surf kite!!!!! Eeekkkk! I am a tad scared, anyone else got one??

Cheers

The Spinkways
A few people have.

I think they ended up having to take out NZ citizenship.

WW
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

We gonna give it our best shot...otherwise back on ebay!

J Spinkway
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:10 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!!

Looks like great fun though, this guy was screaming up and down Byron Bay (photos taken on Christmas eve) the other day. Really impressive stuff...

Graham
Attached Thumbnails We have bout a surf kite...exciting...eekk!!-kite1.jpg   We have bout a surf kite...exciting...eekk!!-kite2.jpg  
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:12 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

J Spinkway

It does look really cool - my kids were in awe of some fella on his the other day
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys

J Spinkway
Well, its dark now and nothing further heard.

Do we call water police or NZ immigration?

WW
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:16 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Well, its dark now and nothing further heard.

Do we call water police or NZ immigration?

WW

I'll keep an eye open on 10 news tonight
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:05 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Cheers

The Spinkways
Have you done Kitesurfing before? I got to IKO level 3 on a course in Fuerteventura two years ago and all I really remember is the kite trying to launch me into a low earth orbit....
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Have you done Kitesurfing before? I got to IKO level 3 on a course in Fuerteventura two years ago and all I really remember is the kite trying to launch me into a low earth orbit....
So a sea search may be waste of time?

What's the number for NASA?

WW
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:03 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
So a sea search may be waste of time?

What's the number for NASA?

WW
Don't worry the space shuttle will pick him up
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:24 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Hi guys

Cheers

The Spinkways
A close friend of mine does kite surfing quite a bit and goes to Woodman Point near Rockingham to practice.

When's your first lesson??? Let me know how it goes as my other half wants to try it too.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys

We have bottled it already...and gona resell kite on ebay, doh!

We maybe safer doing the BBQ thing on Bulcock Beach and just watchin

Love The Spinways
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:00 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

We have bottled it already...and gona resell kite on ebay, doh!

We maybe safer doing the BBQ thing on Bulcock Beach and just watchin

Love The Spinways
Oh no! Did you have a bad experience?? It's one of those things that I guess you need to practice a lot (and be really bad at it a lot) before it 'clicks'.

Shame to give up when you've got the gear....

Graham