Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We finally got it...... yikes.......

Wikiposts

We finally got it...... yikes.......

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:00 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by leanda
So please for you, we hope to be in Brisbane July / August time at the moment, and from another member of the " HATE FLYING, ARE WE EVER GOING TO LAND CLUB", I know how you feel, you are going to Love, Love Brisbane, a great time to get over there in June as its the winter and the weather is fantasic.
Hi leanda

Good to hear there are others who are irrational about flying. makes me feel "normal"

My pants will DEFINATLY be brown on take off!!! :scared: :scared:

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:02 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by debsy
Great news
debsy

You ave been a great "rock" in times of need.

Thank you matey

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:06 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by loose
Brilliant news Phoenix,

well chuffed for you, and you seem the sort to make it work!!

all the best.

Thankx loose

We'll all make it work. Part of all this is having the tenacity and b*lls to do it

Good luck to you too my friend

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:20 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Fantastic news, Phoenix & co,

It seems a long time since I went round with a big silly grin but I remember it well!

Enjoy the moment, you've worked so hard to get there.

My house went on the market today and now it all suddenly seems very real... can't wait though.

Roll on Adelaide in September

Elaine M

PS: What are you doing still here - you should be off getting drunk by now!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:27 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Elaine M
Fantastic news, Phoenix & co,

It seems a long time since I went round with a big silly grin but I remember it well!

Enjoy the moment, you've worked so hard to get there.

My house went on the market today and now it all suddenly seems very real... can't wait though.

Roll on Adelaide in September

Elaine M

PS: What are you doing still here - you should be off getting drunk by now!
Hi Elaine

Thanks for your congrats. Much appreciated

I note you're a Yorkshire lass too [Ilkley is it?].

Good luck with the house selling matey.......fingers crossed that it's not too stressful.

Phoenixuk2oz
PS. Can't get drunk cos away on business tomos so need barings [how boring am I!! ]

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:35 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi Elaine

Thanks for your congrats. Much appreciated

I note you're a Yorkshire lass too [Ilkley is it?].

Good luck with the house selling matey.......fingers crossed that it's not too stressful.

Phoenixuk2oz
PS. Can't get drunk cos away on business tomos so need barings [how boring am I!! ]
You're welcome.

Yep Ilkley it is - hopefully, as houses seem to be selling fast round here, mine will be no different.

I can see though why everyone says that selling the house is the worst bit of all - I'm shattered from trying desperately to get it tidy - an impossible task as my daughter and grandson live with me but are about to move out in a couple of weeks; the house is full of baby things, their boxes, my boxes.....

I just hope viewers will see past this lot; it's a nice house, really it is!

Enjoy your celebration when you do get the chance; oh and don't forget to do it all again when you get the visas in your passports - that's an even better moment!!

Elaine M
Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:41 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pheonix,

Just wanted to say thank you for the reply - it has inspired me to do some proper research into the areas that i have in mind. Do you know how long after getting a permenant visa that you need to apply for citizenship?

Cheers mate,

hope you are still celebrating!

Diddy
Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:50 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Elaine M
You're welcome.

Yep Ilkley it is - hopefully, as houses seem to be selling fast round here, mine will be no different.

I can see though why everyone says that selling the house is the worst bit of all - I'm shattered from trying desperately to get it tidy - an impossible task as my daughter and grandson live with me but are about to move out in a couple of weeks; the house is full of baby things, their boxes, my boxes.....

I just hope viewers will see past this lot; it's a nice house, really it is!

Enjoy your celebration when you do get the chance; oh and don't forget to do it all again when you get the visas in your passports - that's an even better moment!!

Elaine M
You're right. House selling is the worse bit

I think all these "House Doctor" type programmes has meant people CAN'T see past the nose on their face.......they expect a house to look like a show room AND to buy less than asking price!

Estate agents also seem to work for the buyers rather than sellers which is crazy given the seller pays the fees

I even offered to do own negotiations but estate agents seemed skittish re this idea [I negotiate multi million £ contracts for a living!].

Agents were worse than useless and negotiation skills........pah

Hey ho.........as you say .....lets hope you sell quickly Elaine

Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:53 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by diddy
Hi Pheonix,

Just wanted to say thank you for the reply - it has inspired me to do some proper research into the areas that i have in mind. Do you know how long after getting a permenant visa that you need to apply for citizenship?

Cheers mate,

hope you are still celebrating!

Diddy
Hey diddy

No problem re replies. you're welcome. Any time

I beleve permenent residents can apply for citizenship after 2 years

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:02 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

do you have to become a citizen to be able to come and go from Australia?

Diddy
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:16 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by diddy
do you have to become a citizen to be able to come and go from Australia?

Diddy
Not sure.

Anyone else know answer to this

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:02 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Not sure.

Anyone else know answer to this

Phoenixuk2oz

Yes and no ( you don't have to be a citizen) for 5 years, you can come and go as you please, in and out, out and in, in and out ..then after the date on your PR visa ( where it say's multiple travel up to a certain date, permitted to stay indefinitely.. or words to that effect) , you must get a return visa if leaving Aus and want to come back in.... so then it's Yes, if you want to come and go without a return visa , after 5 years, you need to become a citizen to have the freedom to come and go without getting a return visa ( ha freedom... but you still fill out landing cards even with an Aussie passport . can you believe that!.. big brother is watching all Aussie passports)

cheers
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:21 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Ceri
Yes and no ( you don't have to be a citizen) for 5 years, you can come and go as you please, in and out, out and in, in and out ..then after the date on your PR visa ( where it say's multiple travel up to a certain date, permitted to stay indefinitely.. or words to that effect) , you must get a return visa if leaving Aus and want to come back in.... so then it's Yes, if you want to come and go without a return visa , after 5 years, you need to become a citizen to have the freedom to come and go without getting a return visa ( ha freedom... but you still fill out landing cards even with an Aussie passport . can you believe that!.. big brother is watching all Aussie passports)

cheers
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Cheers Ceri

Appreciated

As you say.....big brother is watching ......always watching

Phoenixuk2oz