Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We finally got it...... yikes.......

Wikiposts

We finally got it...... yikes.......

Old Apr 18th 2004, 11:47 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi, just wanted to add my congratulations!!!!
wont be anyone left in Yorkshire at this rate!!

sue
Cheers Sue

Wot a lovely girlie you are

You've cheer'd up my dark Yorkshire days many a time with ya antics!!!!

Ave you had any responses from Adonis yet?

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 18th 2004, 11:50 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by footie chick
Brisbane or Melbourne or prison if my neighbour carries on making my blood pressure rise:scared:

Don't let the b*ggars get ya down

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats phoenix,

only yesterday i was saying ' not long now' and here it is!!!!!

Really pleased for you!!!!!

YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:18 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by steandleigh
Congrats phoenix,

only yesterday i was saying ' not long now' and here it is!!!!!

Really pleased for you!!!!!

YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Hi there steandleigh

You are good luck!!!

Wot you like wiv lottery tickets??

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best of luck Phoenix on your new life downunder.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi there steandleigh

You are good luck!!!

Wot you like wiv lottery tickets??

Phoenixuk2oz

Hmm....now let me see.....theres DEFINATELY going to be 6 winning numbers this week!!!!!!.......erm......thats about it!!!!!!

Well done again!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:23 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Congratulations and best of luck Phoenix on your new life downunder.

Thankx Dreamaway......you are a star

Good luck wiv your visa application too.

Am keeping everything crossed for ya.

Soon your dream will be reality

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:45 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Again well done. We are also considering Brisbane or Cairns. How did you decide, also do you know any good areas here to live?

Do you know of any good websites ect...

Cheers, stay in touch and let us know when you go. Have you got any ideas of when that will be?

Cheers and well done
Diddy
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:08 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by diddy
Hi,

Again well done. We are also considering Brisbane or Cairns. How did you decide, also do you know any good areas here to live?

Cheers, stay in touch and let us know when you go. Have you got any ideas of when that will be?

Cheers and well done
Diddy
Hiya diddy

Now your asking .....

How did we decide on Brisbane?:
Quite a "sterile" decision really........ based on boring facts.
Went on government statistical site and found where lots of jobs are [in my line of work]...also looked and compared / contrasted weather......then population stats, school stats, salary stats...blah....blah....blah....

Do we know any good areas to live?:
This we don't know as it seems "what's one man's meat.....is another man's poison"!!!
Having read many,many differing views I think we will rent something and look round once we get there. The only place for now seems to be Sunshine coast [less "touristy" compared to Gold coast] but apart from that. No idea till get there.

Only those noted on this site. I've collected them [is there a web site anorak cos its me if there is!!]
I've noted any sites of interest under "favourites" as and when they've cropped up.

Stay in touch and let us know when you go. Have you got any ideas of when that will be?
You bet. This site has been FANTASTIC and the support from forum members has been SECOND TO NONE.

The opinions on here really have given a rounded insight ...good and "bad"....and it's helped me to take off the rose tinted specs!!!

I think it's absolutly VITAL when making such a life changing decision that you get a non-sanitised well rounded view of what it's all about. You can only get this from listening to what people say.....passionatly and generally from the heart.

I haven't always agreed with what people have said and no doubt vice versa. I think personally the key is not to take yourself too seriously i.e try not to get too upset by people's comments as it's only right that we get caught up in the emotion given this very stressful time.

We all see things differently, we are by nature individuals with with differing outlooks and varied likes/dislikes so it's important to get a feel for what people are telling us.

The only one who can make up your mind though......IS YOU!

We are hoping to leave end of June [all being well and no house selling nightmares permitting!]

I will ensure I give back something to the forum in terms of feedback as I have found everyones support has been brilliant. Email me if you need any info diddy. I know how important it is to get help.

Thanks everyone.

I really couldn't have done it without "Emigration street"....

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:42 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Cheers Poll.......you've also been a massive support during the "bleak" times. Thank you girl friend

Na.......doesn't quite seem real yet. It'll probably hit home once contract been signed on house .........and left job.........and in the air:scared: [sh*te......I hate flying!!]

Would love to meet you & other Expats once in Bris. I'm all for a good knees up and a few tinnies

Phoenxiuk2oz

So please for you, we hope to be in Brisbane July / August time at the moment, and from another member of the " HATE FLYING, ARE WE EVER GOING TO LAND CLUB", I know how you feel, you are going to Love, Love Brisbane, a great time to get over there in June as its the winter and the weather is fantasic.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks Diddy

We're heading for Brisbane as we thought the climate, jobs, area would suit us best What about you? Where you heading?

It's taken us 13 months from start to finish [took slightly longer than the "norm" due to hicups re son's medical and DIMIA cockup].

BUT WE FINALLY GOT THERE........and you will too. It just takes time.......

Good luck matey

Phoenixuk2oz
Great news
Attached Images  
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: We finally got it...... yikes.......

Congrats
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:34 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done phoenix.

all the best plum

ps thanks for info !
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:19 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Brilliant news Phoenix,

well chuffed for you, and you seem the sort to make it work!!

all the best.

Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:55 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Hiya Leanda, loose, plumber, debsy, Billabong

Thanks for your good wishes my friends

Am keeping ma fingers crossed for ya'all ....and that we live the dream soon

Keep posting

Take care peeps, as always

Phoenixuk2oz xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.