British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   we`ve been here a month today!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we%60ve-been-here-month-today-328808/)

paulf Sep 30th 2005 1:25 pm

Re: we`ve been here a month today!!

Originally Posted by wengerboy
why not every other glory hunter is :rolleyes:

True, amazing where they all appeared from!

Lewis Lapthorn Sep 30th 2005 1:53 pm

yes you may have guessed by the title that we have been here for a month now.
have to say after the agg of getting set up in a rental,jack in school and findin meself a decent job(1st job was toss)we`ve settled in really quick.
no chance of putting me rose tints on cos i was straight back to work within a fortnight.
my thoughts on adelaide so far same shit less scumbags(which is what we wanted) :D :beer:

Two questions mate:

1. How are you finding the Adelaide winter?

2. How often are you getting to watch the Arsenal?

wengerboy Sep 30th 2005 9:41 pm

marco! top idea bagging your land like that ;) we were looking to buy an established home to be honest but we`ve had our heads turned :rolleyes:
Aldinga is about 10 k`s further down commercial road with stunning views of the hills and right next to the sea.
It`s a big release down there with lots of land up for grabs and is more appealing to us than Huntfield Heights(Hackham West south) ;)

Sue!! no need for the bubs to adjust yet it`s been typical blighty weather so far which in my opinion is perfect as they can acclimatise gradually.does`nt stop em breaking my balls though :D

Bix yeah i`m back on the motor`s but i could`nt be happier,the guy who`s just taken me on had his partner walk out on him and drop him right in it!
Glad he did cos it left the door open for me and in i went!!
weekends i`m mostly drinking beer :rolleyes:

paul Don`t go there :zzz:

Lewis
firstly we got here 1st day of spring so missed winter but judging by spring i would imagine it was cold but not as cold as we`re used too(it gets very cold indoors at night).
secondly seen no footage of gunners at all it`s all on bloody fox! but being kept up to speed via stroppy e mails(my mates a bad loser)

Perthforme Sep 30th 2005 9:43 pm

yes you may have guessed by the title that we have been here for a month now.
have to say after the agg of getting set up in a rental,jack in school and findin meself a decent job(1st job was toss)we`ve settled in really quick.
no chance of putting me rose tints on cos i was straight back to work within a fortnight.
my thoughts on adelaide so far same shit less scumbags(which is what we wanted) :D :beer:

Cool glad to see you getting in there :D
Keep it up ;)

wengerboy Sep 30th 2005 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Cool glad to see you getting in there :D
Keep it up ;)

my advice to any body en route is get a job as soon as poss as you save loads of dosh ;)

Perthforme Sep 30th 2005 9:55 pm

my advice to any body en route is get a job as soon as poss as you save loads of dosh ;)

I will tell the wife to get lookin :D