British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   we`ve been here a month today!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we%60ve-been-here-month-today-328808/)

wengerboy Sep 30th 2005 11:37 am

we`ve been here a month today!!

yes you may have guessed by the title that we have been here for a month now.
have to say after the agg of getting set up in a rental,jack in school and findin meself a decent job(1st job was toss)we`ve settled in really quick.
no chance of putting me rose tints on cos i was straight back to work within a fortnight.
my thoughts on adelaide so far same shit less scumbags(which is what we wanted) :D :beer:

Sleeping Beauty Sep 30th 2005 11:49 am

Re: we`ve been here a month today!!

Originally Posted by wengerboy
have to say after the agg of getting set up in a rental,jack in school and findin meself a decent job(1st job was toss)we`ve settled in really quick.
no chance of putting me rose tints on cos i was straight back to work within a fortnight.
my thoughts on adelaide so far same shit less scumbags(which is what we wanted) :D :beer:

talk about hitting the ground running!!!!.... :scared: :eek:
we know somebody who went over last year, and he says its the best thing to do, get everything sorted asap, and you soon settle down.

is your rental and job okay now?

wengerboy Sep 30th 2005 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
talk about hitting the ground running!!!!.... :scared: :eek:
we know somebody who went over last year, and he says its the best thing to do, get everything sorted asap, and you soon settle down.

is your rental and job okay now?

rental`s ok but the jobs ace working for a pom with wicked sense of humour ;)

claire edwards Sep 30th 2005 12:06 pm

All sounds good!

Best of luck with the new job.

Rooksie Sep 30th 2005 12:07 pm

working for a pom with wicked sense of humour ;)

he must be a chelsea supporter then :D

wengerboy Sep 30th 2005 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
he must be a chelsea supporter then :D

why not every other glory hunter is :rolleyes:

Rooksie Sep 30th 2005 12:10 pm

why not every other glory hunter is :rolleyes:

:zzz: :zzz: boring boring boring

shorty Sep 30th 2005 12:16 pm

Hi,

We are moving to Adelaide at the beginning of next year. Is Seaford nice?

Thanks

Joanne & Stefan

wengerboy Sep 30th 2005 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by shorty2south australia
Hi,

We are moving to Adelaide at the beginning of next year. Is Seaford nice?

Thanks

Joanne & Stefan

yeah we like it though we may be buying land a bit further south in aldinga! reason being it`s a bit cheaper and there`s not much land in seaford left at the mo until the next land release which will be seaford meadows though we do not know when this will happen. :)

marco121068 Sep 30th 2005 12:56 pm

yeah we like it though we may be buying land a bit further south in aldinga! reason being it`s a bit cheaper and there`s not much land in seaford left at the mo until the next land release which will be seaford meadows though we do not know when this will happen. :)

I think we nabbed the last block on Seaford Rise (with the exception of those next to the show homes). I've been told the next release will be in between 12/18 months.

Memory is fading as it's about 3 months since we were there - how much further south is Aldinga?

Sleeping Beauty Sep 30th 2005 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
I think we nabbed the last block on Seaford Rise (with the exception of those next to the show homes). I've been told the next release will be in between 12/18 months.

Memory is fading as it's about 3 months since we were there - how much further south is Aldinga?

sorry for being nosey, have you bought the land before moving to australia? or are you already there but a different part of the country?

marco121068 Sep 30th 2005 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
sorry for being nosey, have you bought the land before moving to australia? or are you already there but a different part of the country?

Went on a validation trip in June and came back having put an offer on the land. Totally against anything I'd ever thought of doing but hey - what the hell. Paid a $2,000 deposit about a month later and the balance was due today but the transfer docs I posted 10 days ago haven't bloody arrived yet!

tiredwithtwins Sep 30th 2005 1:18 pm

nice to hear from you wenger......how are the bubs adjusting to the climate?

stay smiley
sue :D :D :D

Bix Sep 30th 2005 1:21 pm

rental`s ok but the jobs ace working for a pom with wicked sense of humour ;)

Sounds good WB. :)

So what you up to then Mr.Wenger ?
Did you get a job on the cars mate ?

Sleeping Beauty Sep 30th 2005 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
Went on a validation trip in June and came back having put an offer on the land. Totally against anything I'd ever thought of doing but hey - what the hell. Paid a $2,000 deposit about a month later and the balance was due today but the transfer docs I posted 10 days ago haven't bloody arrived yet!

talk about organised!!! :p :o