Waterbeds

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:16 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Waterbeds

Hiya

Can anyone tell me have they shipped a waterbed. We have a waterbed, where in the UK we heat it to keep it at body temperature or slightly less in the summer. In Oz obviously it is a whole lot warmer so probably wouldn't need to heat it. My question is.... Will it be too warm in Oz to keep the water in the bed cool enough to sleep on? This might seem a daft question but if bed is too warm it is really horrible to sleep on. Any replies appreciated.

Sarah
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:34 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

We have had a waterbeds for years, You will need to heat the bed, you don't just heat them comfort but to keep you alive , if you dont heat it you will get Hyperthermia (leave your heater off for a few days and try it, the bed sucks the heat right out of you) they are fine to sleep on in aus, they dont make you to warm at all.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:47 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Just a warning if you are thinking about renting in Oz - a lot of leases have clauses prohibiting waterbeds.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:41 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by saraliz
Just a warning if you are thinking about renting in Oz - a lot of leases have clauses prohibiting waterbeds.

That is really interesting to know, thanks. Because of the hassle of filling and draining we would probably not use it until we bought somewhere.

Have had waterbeds for about 10 years but have never slept on one in a hot country before and I have heard that even cold water in tap is warm that was why I was wondering if they still needed to be heated. At the moment ours is only set to 20c, if we turn the central heating up, the bed gets warmer. In the summer we knock it down to about 15c, some nights we find that too warm. I had a faulty heater once, it nearly cooked me alive, lol. So I switched if off until guy came with a new one, not at all pleasant. Had a winter duvet between me and the mattress was only just bearable. Thanks for your help.

Sarah