Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Water Pressure Question

Water Pressure Question

Old Oct 13th 2006, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all
Default Water Pressure Question

Hi, our water pressure at home seems to be quite pitiful. Is there anything you can do to adjust it to make it a bit more powerful or is it restricted by the waterboard?

Cheers
Old Oct 13th 2006, 5:53 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Water Pressure Question

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Hi, our water pressure at home seems to be quite pitiful. Is there anything you can do to adjust it to make it a bit more powerful or is it restricted by the waterboard?

Cheers
Really obvious question here... but have you checked the valves going to your various taps e.g. under the kitchen sink, tap from the water main etc to make sure they are fully open? The number of times I've moved to places where all I needed to do was open the valves fully... Grrr...

Failing that, I'd suggest waterboard but they'd probably just refer you to a plumber...
Old Oct 13th 2006, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee

Cheers
As already suggested, check the stop valve at the water meter.

If that is not the problem, how old is the house? ie does it have galvanised pipes?

These pipes corrode internally over time (orange stain on the fittings or orange water if the tap hasnt been used in a while).

AS these pipes corrode, they leak and require replacement. $$$ :scared:

WW
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:50 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budgie
Really obvious question here... but have you checked the valves going to your various taps e.g. under the kitchen sink, tap from the water main etc to make sure they are fully open? The number of times I've moved to places where all I needed to do was open the valves fully... Grrr...

Failing that, I'd suggest waterboard but they'd probably just refer you to a plumber...
Opening the valves won't change the static water pressure - that's a function of what is supplied by the water board. It *might* change the pressure when something is drawing.

It's worth borrowing a meter from a plumbing concern - it takes a minute to check: we found our pressure off the scale which explained why things kept failing!