Water Issues

Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:02 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Issues

Originally Posted by biggy
still waiting
You'll be waiting ages she's away with the fairies again, I blame Bachus
I think she meant CQLD it's so hard to decipher........ you know like SEQLD or FNQ
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:04 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
I think she meant CQLD it's so hard to decipher........ you know like SEQLD or FNQ
Been busy trying to find a widget for Jack the Lad and now I've found it he's sent me info via Karma and haven't a flipping clue where I pick that up from...it's red wine actually not beer I have some standards...not.

And he needs to hurry up it's bed time.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:06 pm

IMO they should have done something months ago, target the high users...the councils know who they are..................some peeps dont give a shite then everybody has to pay.....they leave these restrictions tooo late. We are in CQLD and only on level 1....but I use the water very sparingly....we have timers in the showers and never leave a tap running....what pisses me off is people leaving there sprinklers running all night FFS its only grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He put CQLD first not me... and central QLD covers a bl@@dy big area so just checking where he meant...it's getting a bit 'chilly' in here me thinks.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
He put CQLD first not me... and central QLD covers a bl@@dy big area so just checking where he meant...it's getting a bit 'chilly' in here me thinks.
still dont know WTF u r on about.........its the They need to get their act together asap but should have been done years ago think they've always relied on a cyclone coming to save them. bit..........what a load of shite....a cyclone doesnae necessary mean rain fir starters.......and who would want a bloody cyclone to affect any area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never mind one that needed rain
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:20 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

still dont know WTF u r on about.........its the They need to get their act together asap but should have been done years ago think they've always relied on a cyclone coming to save them. bit..........what a load of shite....a cyclone doesnae necessary mean rain fir starters.......and who would want a bloody cyclone to affect any area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never mind one that needed rain
To clarify:
The water boffins have been quoted recently in the media down here as saying that the only thing that can save us from the drought is heavy prolonged periods of cyclonic rain.
FWIW Tropical Cyclones by their very definition do bring rain, they are the meteorological term for a type of storm system characterized by a low pressure center and thunderstorms, producing strong wind and flooding rain.
No one is wishing the destruction that Larry brought just wanting the rain.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:28 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
ok so, australia is basically now on water restrictions the whole time.

just what is the problem with having desalinated water.

Has there been a general no from the population or is it something the government don't want to fund to put it in place. let's face it, they are going to have to do something soon.
There are three problems with water desalination (if you discount the actual plant):

*Cost
*Energy requirements
*Waste materials

Desalination requires vast amounts of energy to work properly. It costs much less to treat and recycle water, but the Aussies struggle with the concept, and think that they will end up drinking one aonothers pee.

Good water collection and better management would also help in the short term.

I think that desalination is probably an inevitability in the long term, but until then, recycling and better management of existing resources is a good place to start...

S
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It costs much less to treat and recycle water, but the Aussies struggle with the concept, and think that they will end up drinking one aonothers pee.

S
From my experience in Aussie bars in the UK I suspect that this shouldn't be a problem for many of them!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. They have a lot of ex-pee-rience.

Buzzy
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:39 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
From my experience in Aussie bars in the UK I suspect that this shouldn't be a problem for many of them!
Having drunk Tooheys New, I would say that drinking somebody elses pee would be a marked improvement...

S
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:22 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
There are three problems with water desalination (if you discount the actual plant):

*Cost
*Energy requirements
*Waste materials

Desalination requires vast amounts of energy to work properly. It costs much less to treat and recycle water, but the Aussies struggle with the concept, and think that they will end up drinking one aonothers pee.

Good water collection and better management would also help in the short term.

I think that desalination is probably an inevitability in the long term, but until then, recycling and better management of existing resources is a good place to start...

S
Am i right in thinking that the uk recycle a lot of thier water?

The main area being london from my limited knowledge. or am i talking shit
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louise4
Am i right in thinking that the uk recycle a lot of thier water?

The main area being london from my limited knowledge. or am i talking shit
No, no vox per anus there - we do recycle a lot, especially in the greater London area. Unfortunately the water companies pour most of it down the drain via leaky infrastructure...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Do people not realise that all water is recycled, caused by evaporation of sea water, this causes presure systems with clouds, the rain fails, you collect the rin, you pee the rain, the pee gets filtered out at the sewage plant, this then gets pumped into the sea. And the cycle continues.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenTea
Do people not realise that all water is recycled, caused by evaporation of sea water, this causes presure systems with clouds, the rain fails, you collect the rin, you pee the rain, the pee gets filtered out at the sewage plant, this then gets pumped into the sea. And the cycle continues.
And what about all the fish that pee and poop in the sea and rivers (sorry streams) and any other animal for that matter. I wouldn't mind recycled water I want to live.

Jo
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:29 pm

To clarify:
The water boffins have been quoted recently in the media down here as saying that the only thing that can save us from the drought is heavy prolonged periods of cyclonic rain.
FWIW Tropical Cyclones by their very definition do bring rain, they are the meteorological term for a type of storm system characterized by a low pressure center and thunderstorms, producing strong wind and flooding rain.
No one is wishing the destruction that Larry brought just wanting the rain.
If they do go ahead with the dam up your way are they going to then do town water to all your houses so at least you get some benefit?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
Im a Lady...dont you know

Last edited by biggy; Apr 17th 2007 at 10:59 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.