Water Issues

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Water Issues

Originally Posted by nik04
it will be filled with xxxx then extra froth
Then they wouldn't send it to Brisbane they would recycle at home.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

InBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Desalination is the way to go!!

I say I have to agree with this - Desalination is the way to go!!
A very concerning article has been published on the BBC website today
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6570589.stm

Extract from the article - "If it doesn't rain in sufficient volume over the next six to eight weeks, there will be no water allocations for irrigation purposes in the basin" until May 2008, Mr Howard told reporters in Canberra. - "It is a grim situation, and there is no point in pretending to Australia otherwise," he said. "We must all hope and pray there is rain."
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

The main issue in Australia is the fact that they haven't thought of Water issues in an age.

Same relaxed attitude as everything else, until it all goes bum up. Which unfortunatley it has now. There are parts of the country that will be the first global warming victims of the western world, I kid you not. I use the term Global warming because I don't buy into "I'M finanaced by the Oil Industry" President Bush or "woof woof" Blair or even "Coal doesn't polute, China does" John Howards term of climat change.

The issue could easily be addressed by cross state co-operation, desalination ( solar powered for gods sake, not gas plant driven or coal fired power station driven.) as well as effective use of dewatering and treatment of Waste Water. The U.K has been doing this for years.

Melbourne has 2, yes 2 Waste Water treatment plants, London has 17 birmingham has 12 etc, that doesn't include the water treatment plants for rain and river water. Perth is catching up now, very slowly.

QLD is spending Billions of Dollars on Waste water treatment.

Dams really aren't the answer, big expanses of water, Big Yellow hot thing in the sky = evaporation, did the Ozzies think the fish drank all the water.

With a couple of desalination plants per major metro hub, plus effective usage of rain water and waste water, coupled with higher education in water usage, there would be no problem here,

High high level sodium salt could or should be sold to the pharmaceutical industy for medical purposes, saline drips etc, or to fill the ruddy great holes they keep digging or even to encapsulate the minimal nuclear waste from the new 7th generation reactors, which can be built and on line in 5 years.

Sorry for boring you with this but I have recruited for the water industry in the U.K for nearly 10 years, I'm doing the same over here now so a little passionate about it
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
did the Ozzies think the fish drank all the water.

Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

InBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

The main issue in Australia is the fact that they haven't thought of Water issues in an age.

Same relaxed attitude as everything else, until it all goes bum up. Which unfortunatley it has now. There are parts of the country that will be the first global warming victims of the western world, I kid you not. I use the term Global warming because I don't buy into "I'M finanaced by the Oil Industry" President Bush or "woof woof" Blair or even "Coal doesn't polute, China does" John Howards term of climat change.

The issue could easily be addressed by cross state co-operation, desalination ( solar powered for gods sake, not gas plant driven or coal fired power station driven.) as well as effective use of dewatering and treatment of Waste Water. The U.K has been doing this for years.

Melbourne has 2, yes 2 Waste Water treatment plants, London has 17 birmingham has 12 etc, that doesn't include the water treatment plants for rain and river water. Perth is catching up now, very slowly.

QLD is spending Billions of Dollars on Waste water treatment.

Dams really aren't the answer, big expanses of water, Big Yellow hot thing in the sky = evaporation, did the Ozzies think the fish drank all the water.

With a couple of desalination plants per major metro hub, plus effective usage of rain water and waste water, coupled with higher education in water usage, there would be no problem here,

High high level sodium salt could or should be sold to the pharmaceutical industy for medical purposes, saline drips etc, or to fill the ruddy great holes they keep digging or even to encapsulate the minimal nuclear waste from the new 7th generation reactors, which can be built and on line in 5 years.

Sorry for boring you with this but I have recruited for the water industry in the U.K for nearly 10 years, I'm doing the same over here now so a little passionate about it
You certainly got my Vote ! you sound like you know what your doing ..... Give Johnny a call and tell him you have a plan
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

The water situation's now making headline in the UK;

http://www.independent.co.uk/

Makes for a fairly disturbing read.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
The water situation's now making headline in the UK;

http://www.independent.co.uk/

Makes for a fairly disturbing read.
I read the Independent article, what a load of claptrap. If you believe the article it's all Howards fault. Tosh.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

So what would actually happen to the population of those areas affected if the water ran out...........would they evacuate? Sorry if this sounds daft, I havent got a clue, just been surfing the net for info on it and cant find answers to the actual what if question anywhere?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Hi There,

I'm not a doomsayer or anything but there are already plans in place to evacuate the worst areas. Bummer I know, the worst areas in the QLD area don't know that the majority of their usable water is diverted for mine usage.

Something that Dame Edna, sorry John Howard, neglets too mention.....

Originally Posted by RachelH
So what would actually happen to the population of those areas affected if the water ran out...........would they evacuate? Sorry if this sounds daft, I havent got a clue, just been surfing the net for info on it and cant find answers to the actual what if question anywhere?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hi There,

I'm not a doomsayer or anything but there are already plans in place to evacuate the worst areas. Bummer I know, the worst areas in the QLD area don't know that the majority of their usable water is diverted for mine usage.

Something that Dame Edna, sorry John Howard, neglets too mention.....
I am really surprised - I thought I was going to get people on here telling me I was crazy to suggest such a thing - my God, what will they do with everyone? Perhaps my hubby and I (he is from Brissie) should be thinking twice about going back to a different area altogether.......
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The desalination plant is coming along swimmingly down here but we still have the sea version of tree huggers telling us that every fish in the ocean will die because of the incredibly enormously huge amounts of salt being reintroduced to the ocean and sadly people believe it and continue to water some plants with town water. Anyway sod Level 5, we've already been told that we will be on Level 7 by the end of the year although what the hell that means no one knows. They didn't even know what Level 5 meant until about a week before it came in
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes - what do all the levels mean, what is level 1 for instance? Anyone know?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually it is Howards fault,

He has failed to recognise that global warming is happening, stated on national television that, and I quote " a few degrees increase in temperature would make it slightly uncomfortable", decided not to sign the Kyoto Protocol, continues to blame China for climate change due to the coal fired power stations, ooops he forgets that its Australian coal being burnt in these stations, refuses to admit that following the rheteric from " cut me open I bleed oil, who am I, where am I, blow them all up" President Bush was and still is a major mistake. i.e what was the first thing liberated in Iraq, ask Halliburton / KBR {www.halliburton.com}they arrived at the oil fields and pipelines before the first Allied soldier appeared on the streets of Baghdad.

Not too mention his strong arm tatics in trying to take over the nations main water supply for agriculture. He is a muppet, dangerous but his tv interviews are very amusing, when questioned over a difficult subject, he coughs and has to choke down the truth. Seriously watch the tv interviews of him its hillarious, he obviously doesn't have a body language coach.

He has been the leader of this country for nearly a decade and has refused to see what is right before his eyes, Just because it rains in Canberra,

Ivan.
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I read the Independent article, what a load of claptrap. If you believe the article it's all Howards fault. Tosh.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:36 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any area's in oz not under restrictions?

If so i just changed my destination

Probably end up in the kimberleys
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually the fish will die with increased salinaty, salt from desal plant is ultra pure, so higher saline

Buy a gold fish and add a tea spoon of salt evey month to its water, see what happens, its about the same effect.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The desalination plant is coming along swimmingly down here but we still have the sea version of tree huggers telling us that every fish in the ocean will die because of the incredibly enormously huge amounts of salt being reintroduced to the ocean and sadly people believe it and continue to water some plants with town water. Anyway sod Level 5, we've already been told that we will be on Level 7 by the end of the year although what the hell that means no one knows. They didn't even know what Level 5 meant until about a week before it came in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.