Water Issues

Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:04 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Issues

Originally Posted by annqldau
If they do go ahead with the dam up your way are they going to then do town water to all your houses so at least you get some benefit?
NO! We see no benefit at all, all the water is to be pumped south to Brisbane. Those effected directly just get thrown off of the land and the valley flooded. Us that are further down river than the headwall are to be left with just stagnant pools of water where there used to be a river
Anna Bligh is busy telling everyone what a good idea it is and that the dam would be nearly full if they had finished it last year, this is the same valley that has had so little rain it's been drought declared. The same valley that has seen insufficient rain for the last three yrs to even create enough of a flow to flush the water Hyacinth downstream.
It's quite laughable, the claims that Govt. ministers can make in the press and not be held accountable for, I though it was only the septics that could be brainwashed into believing what their Govt wanted them to, I appear to be wrong, Ms Bligh is doing a wonderful job of bullshitting the residents of Brisbane.
The latest report recommends that water tanks be given out to everyone F.O.C as that option is cheaper and quicker than any other scheme, I can't see city people being as fastidious about keeping gutters and downpipes as free from debris as those who are on tank water already have to as a way of life
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:43 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by louise4
Am i right in thinking that the uk recycle a lot of thier water?

The main area being london from my limited knowledge. or am i talking shit
I think most of the country recycles water in some way. Anyway they put so many chemicals in it, most people now buy bottled water to drink.

If you take a glass of tap water and leave it to stand for about 4 hours it will taste remarkably like TCP.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:27 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rodders39
Here it's Wednesday and Sunday... and some idiot behind us waters his garden every other day regardless...
Report him then, as soon as people start to take the matter as seriously as they should, and start reporting the idiots that are abusing the system, the better it will be for us all.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ray2gill
I think most of the country recycles water in some way. Anyway they put so many chemicals in it, most people now buy bottled water to drink.

If you take a glass of tap water and leave it to stand for about 4 hours it will taste remarkably like TCP.
Dont know where in the UK you were, i lived in devon and the tap water there was great, lived in Alton in hampshire was very chalky looked like milk , Lived in Gloucestershire had very hard water (lime) but tasted fine.
A lot of people these days do filter their drinking water, I filter my water here in Aus with a twin under the sink job with sediment filter and carbon filter. Most of the chemicals in water is like bread having a plastic wrapper,you remove wrapper off bread before eating it, why not remove the wrapping off your water .
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:45 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
NO! We see no benefit at all, all the water is to be pumped south to Brisbane. Those effected directly just get thrown off of the land and the valley flooded. Us that are further down river than the headwall are to be left with just stagnant pools of water where there used to be a river
Anna Bligh is busy telling everyone what a good idea it is and that the dam would be nearly full if they had finished it last year, this is the same valley that has had so little rain it's been drought declared. The same valley that has seen insufficient rain for the last three yrs to even create enough of a flow to flush the water Hyacinth downstream.
It's quite laughable, the claims that Govt. ministers can make in the press and not be held accountable for, I though it was only the septics that could be brainwashed into believing what their Govt wanted them to, I appear to be wrong, Ms Bligh is doing a wonderful job of bullshitting the residents of Brisbane.
The latest report recommends that water tanks be given out to everyone F.O.C as that option is cheaper and quicker than any other scheme, I can't see city people being as fastidious about keeping gutters and downpipes as free from debris as those who are on tank water already have to as a way of life
They should have made local town water in the hills a condition and then at least there was some local benefit for those that wanted it... bloody silly idea think recycling and desalination seem to make more sense.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:56 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik04
Most of the chemicals in water is like bread having a plastic wrapper,you remove wrapper off bread before eating it, why not remove the wrapping off your water .
Did you use to be an NSA distributor? That was one of their sales-lines to learn?

Buzzy
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:57 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
They should have made local town water in the hills a condition and then at least there was some local benefit for those that wanted it... bloody silly idea think recycling and desalination seem to make more sense.
I reckon a good 90% of the population here that use tank water wouldn't thank you for installing a reticulated supply. Tank water tastes far better than town water. The only ones in favour would be the avid gardeners or those who've moved from suburbia and not adapted to the idea of being careful with water.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by cresta57
I reckon a good 90% of the population here that use tank water wouldn't thank you for installing a reticulated supply. Tank water tastes far better than town water. The only ones in favour would be the avid gardeners or those who've moved from suburbia and not adapted to the idea of being careful with water.
I agree the tank water tastes nicer but at least people should get the option after they go ahead and flood the area.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Did you use to be an NSA distributor? That was one of their sales-lines to learn?

Buzzy
no used to be a plumber in the uk, it was a similar line one of our lecturer's used as he was into filtering drinking water.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:34 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Dont know where in the UK you were, i lived in devon and the tap water there was great, lived in Alton in hampshire was very chalky looked like milk , Lived in Gloucestershire had very hard water (lime) but tasted fine.
A lot of people these days do filter their drinking water, I filter my water here in Aus with a twin under the sink job with sediment filter and carbon filter. Most of the chemicals in water is like bread having a plastic wrapper,you remove wrapper off bread before eating it, why not remove the wrapping off your water .
We were living in Devon - Zeal Monachorum which is in the Tiverton, Exeter & Okehampton triangle. We never used to fill the kettle at 3:00pm at work to make afternoon tea as it tasted like TCP with all chemicals in it. Any other time it was OK.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

With Brisbane dams now below 20%, what water are they going to recycle? If you take a pint of water out of the dam and put half of it back the dam won't be any fuller. By the time the recycling plant is built the dams will be empty!! You can't recycle mud.

Mike.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:02 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy&Mike
With Brisbane dams now below 20%, what water are they going to recycle? If you take a pint of water out of the dam and put half of it back the dam won't be any fuller. By the time the recycling plant is built the dams will be empty!! You can't recycle mud.

Mike.

no but they can recycle the water that is shipped in, might take a while but it would be a way of keeping the levels at some of level once reached
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ray2gill
We were living in Devon - Zeal Monachorum which is in the Tiverton, Exeter & Okehampton triangle. We never used to fill the kettle at 3:00pm at work to make afternoon tea as it tasted like TCP with all chemicals in it. Any other time it was OK.
i was in exeter it's self best water i ever tasted, and no toothless guys on their front porch playin a banjo unlike zeal too close to north tawton i guess
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:04 am

toothless guys on their front porch playin a banjo
You've been to Gympie... that's why they are building the dam near there so all the locals can stand on the side and p*ss in it to fill it up instead of off their verandas.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

it will be filled with xxxx then extra froth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.