Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Watch the Australien Open in Melbourne?

Watch the Australien Open in Melbourne?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

physiogirl76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Watch the Australien Open in Melbourne?

Hi there,
I am going on a reccie trip to Melbourne next weekend and unfortunately, I missed out on a ticket for the men´s final on Sunday
Are there any nice bars/pubs in Melbourne (near city centre) which broadcast the tennis match, maybe on a big screen, so at least I can join into the atmosphere with other fellow sport fans?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Watch the Australien Open in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by physiogirl76
Hi there,
I am going on a reccie trip to Melbourne next weekend and unfortunately, I missed out on a ticket for the men´s final on Sunday
Are there any nice bars/pubs in Melbourne (near city centre) which broadcast the tennis match, maybe on a big screen, so at least I can join into the atmosphere with other fellow sport fans?
We'll probably be watching it in Federation square (definitely be there if Murray makes the final)
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:29 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by physiogirl76
Hi there,
wow tennis playing aliens what next
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:51 am
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice

I found out that Daikin Air Conditioners - are airing their "you can't handle the truth" advert 1560 times over the Tennis in WA.

I have seen 1000 myself and although they would have been my first choice - I will never buy one anymore - any other brand.... Their brand tattooing has backfired on me!

I hate it I hate it I hate it!!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

For $20 you can get yourself a ground pass which will get you in the gates of Melbourne Park.

You can then go see whatever is happening on the outer courts and then settle down with a beer in the garden there and watch it on the big screen.

For the money it is as close as you'll get and the atmos is pretty good...
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

physiogirl76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, that´s excactly what I did
I thought the closer I am to the event the better and luckily, I got on of these ground passes. Should be fun!
Thanks to all!