Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Awful holiday rental in Warnbro!!!!!

Awful holiday rental in Warnbro!!!!!

Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future
Default Awful holiday rental in Warnbro!!!!!

Hi everybody!

We have rented a holiday villa in Warnbro recently and had MANY issues with it from it being dirty (took us half an hour to clean the filth off the b-b-q AFTER we'd had to go the shops to buy the equiptment to do it!!) and mainly the big selling point of the villa "The fabulous jacussi"...was BROKEN!! Now there's more than just these issues and we called the owners when we were there...they came to the house and told us that WE should get the jacussi fix ourselves! They didn't even phone to see if we'd been able to sort it out! We put an email together asking for $400 compensation (remember there were many other issues) back from the $1400 we paid.
Now we have had an email back suggesting that we are unreasonable!!
The people who rent out the villas take a $500 bond in case WE brake anything.....when the villa is ful of broken items we are supposed to put up and shut up are we???
We couldn't even use the garden because it was full of cigarette end and broken glass....on which Paul cut his foot!!
We spent hours making sure it was spotless when we left....it was certainly in a much cleaner condition than when we arrived (and I took before and after photos to prove it!)

Now...can I name this villa...because I would really like to warn other people?

I will be writing a review on the website that I rented from 'STAYZ' (who are of course in no way responsible)

Does anyone have any advise?

Cheers Guys!! Lisa,x