Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Washing Machines

Washing Machines

Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:41 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Washing Machines

Well, just a few months before we plan to pack up and ship off, our prehistoric washing machine decides to pack up. We've decided to buy new and ship it over but I want to make sure I can get parts in Oz if I need to.

Can anyone tell me the most common brands of Washing Machines in Oz?

Thanks so much in advance.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing Machines

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
Well, just a few months before we plan to pack up and ship off, our prehistoric washing machine decides to pack up. We've decided to buy new and ship it over but I want to make sure I can get parts in Oz if I need to.

Pretty much every make that you have in the UK is available here. However, you might consider buying new on arrival since washing machines sometimes dont travel that well and at least you'll have a newer machine with a nice warranty on it. They are really not expensive here.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:24 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie

Both my sister & best friend took their washing machines with them but dont work as well as they did in the UK. Not sure why this is
Saying that we will be taking ours with us if it doesn't work when we get there then we'll buy new. Not sure if you might want to wait (that's if its possible!)
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you bother buying a new one and sending it over? We have some great washing machines here and not all tiny little front loaders - we have some man size top loaders if you have a big family. Added bonus is that if you buy one here then they set it up for you when you buy it.

But, in answer to your question - Fisher and Paykel, Whirlpool and LG are names that spring to mind
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:10 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

And a few more that spring to mind: Electrolux, Ariston, Miele and Bosch.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I forgot Hoover!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Samsung
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Plus if you buy one thats water efficient you get a $200 rebate from the government (Ithink its the government anyhow - we just got ours and we got a toploader!)

Lindsey
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:27 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
Samsung
We brought our Samsung over which was only a year old and best machine evr bought, However the thing had had so many probs since being here, put in a post bout couple of months ago asking about drainage problems. Works now but only just, IMO just wait and buy here, my friend has just purchased a Bosch frontloader and cost about $600 but u get cash back on that when u send a form back !! Think it's about $100-$200.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grossenbol
We brought our Samsung over which was only a year old and best machine evr bought, However the thing had had so many probs since being here, put in a post bout couple of months ago asking about drainage problems. Works now but only just, IMO just wait and buy here, my friend has just purchased a Bosch frontloader and cost about $600 but u get cash back on that when u send a form back !! Think it's about $100-$200.

We bought our Samsung here, cost us somewhere around $550 I think. Still going strong after 19 months (but you've got me worried now )

It is about $100-$200 rebate.

I would buy here too, it's one of the things you need when you get here or it's laundry's for 6 weeks or so until your shipping arrives. I'd rather have been without in the UK where I could borrow a family members machine than here where I knew nobody
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Buy one over here. We bought a fantastic washing maching in Belgium which was supposed to last forever and it has been nothing but trouble since we got here. They just don't seem to cope with the journey over here very well.
I will be buying a new one as soon as we can afford it but at the moment I am having to restart every load half way though as it won't drain properly (last one of many annoying problems ).
Nicky
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:14 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grossenbol
We have a Samsung as well and was going to bring it over but on hearing that we may have to change our mind!! What is the consensus of opinion on why they may not work as well? Is it water pressure or something like that?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Our problem is probably to do with water pressure as we aren't on town water. But before this is was still a pain and most of it stemmed from poor packing by the removal company and damaged caused on the trip over.
Nicky
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we bought a new Bosch to bring with us (as we had heard about only getting top loaders here) and nearly 8 years later it is going strong.

Front loaders are more common now, but far more expensive than top loaders. And our one only uses 70L per cycle rather than about 110L per cycle for a top loader.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:58 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Ours gave up the shost just before we packed up and left so we had to buy one really, bought an AEG which does have service centres here. No problem bringing it over just kept the transport bolt things that screwed back in, its still going strong 4 years later. Good makes are expensive here though, oh another plus point was it can be cold fill only as only 1 hose supplied, which made the choice easier.
Jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.