Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Warning: Personal Woman type question

Warning: Personal Woman type question

Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning: Personal Woman type question

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Trish, is it "normal" for the all clear to take that long. Have been nagging (moi! ) for ages for hubby to get it done, finally booked in for end April. Planning on leaving July/August and was hoping for the all clear by then - it would seem not. I guess he will be visiting an aussie quack sooner than the rest of us
the clinics tell you when you have to do the samples and that you 'should' get the all clear after about 3-4 months, but if like jim, the little buggers are still doodling around the tubes then you re submit the samples, and thats why its taken this long, its not unusual for it take this long, some are lucky and some arent....but hey, were happy now!!
by the way, apparantly, lots of sex before submitting the specimens i.e 1-2 days beforehand, helps get rid of the sperm, as they are non- motile then and need flushing out, it only takes 1 non-motile sperm to be detected and you wont get the all clear
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
:scared:

Pulling it out has just made me cross my legs.

However, they are fantastic, I dont get periods/PMT I get the odd bit of period pain but thats it.

Whoever designed that needs a medal.

My doctor would`nt give me one of those maybe its the cost? I`ve got just and normal T.Bar one I think I`ve also lost one of my threads, the doctor said its still works ok and will come back. I have to have a smear every year due to having laser treatment do you think they will be ok with me saying when my next one is due? not due until May06

Sue
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:04 am
Just Joined

wannabee auzzies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

Thanks for starting this thread up, I've found it very useful. Can anyone give us a guide for how much the pill (Femodette) is to get on prescriptions in Australia? Just trying to get some idea of how things work before we get there this Sept.

Thanks,
Caren.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:06 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Yeah, but what happens when your string has disappeared! Don't laugh, mine has!!! Had a scan to check everything is still in place. So 3 years down the line I have to get someone in Oz to pull it out :scared: Agree about the no periods being great though - that's why I had mine put in.
:scared: :scared: OMG 'm due to have mine fitted in the next week or so didn't realise they can move :scared:

Need Karma to calm the nerves

Michelle

PS My doc said they are world wide so wouldn't have a prob with the checks in Aus.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by wannabee auzzies
Hi everyone.

Thanks for starting this thread up, I've found it very useful. Can anyone give us a guide for how much the pill (Femodette) is to get on prescriptions in Australia? Just trying to get some idea of how things work before we get there this Sept.

Thanks,
Caren.
I was wondering this as well.