Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Warning: Personal Woman type question

Wikiposts

Warning: Personal Woman type question

Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:28 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: Warning: Personal Woman type question

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Not too personal at all. In fact it reminds me, I have an implant in my arm, that is good for 3 years, do any of you ladies know if they are available in oz? I have had it in for just under a year, and get on great with it, so would like to continue when this one expires.
Hi yes you can get the IMPLANON here as well as the MIrena / Schering T IUD. Instead of a GP go to the Family Planning clinic. Here they ask for a minimum donation of $5 and that's it. You see either the nurse or doctor depending on what you want done and that includes Pap Smears (after this you then go on the register). The other thing to do is get the oral contraceptive from the UK before you leave. You can get a 3 or 6 month supply, depending on where you go, so you can legally go to a GP and then a family planner so you can cover yourself for 6-12 months until you get here. I know some GP's were good in the UK and gave 6 month prescriptions.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:47 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Anastasia - sent you a PM
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:35 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Trish, is it "normal" for the all clear to take that long. Have been nagging (moi! ) for ages for hubby to get it done, finally booked in for end April. Planning on leaving July/August and was hoping for the all clear by then - it would seem not. I guess he will be visiting an aussie quack sooner than the rest of us
Hi moneypen

Hubby had his op on 5 January (happy new year!) and has to provide samples of the little swimmers on 27 April and 11 May. Should then get the all clear so long as they are behaving as they should! So, if all goes according to plan with your hubby's delicate op you should get the all clear by end of August.

Binbird
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:41 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi everyone Mrs Dicko here,

Just wondering about personal women type stuff so here goes:

At the moment I have a "coil" fitted, am I best getting this taken out over here or will I be just able to turn up at a hospital over there? this leads me on to the next question, are birth control pills free, as they are over here?
and sorry one more thing? what do I do about regular smear tests I am due one soon, shall I have that over here or shall I get one sorted as soon as I land, and is it the same procedure I.E Just arrange one as & when?

Sorry about the embarrassing questions and thanks for any advice, if you feel the need, feel free to PM on my hubbies address?

Thanks
Hi there

Out of interest, what coil do you have? Do you have the one called 'mirena'? which lasts for five years?

I have one of those, they are fab, no periods or anything.

There is no reason why you shouldnt have your coil taken out in Australia when the time for it to come out is due.

As for a smear, get it done a bit early in the UK and at least its done.

I had to have valium for my coil as I dont have kids and it was quite painful.
Worth it in the end though.

Good luck with your new life.

Sam

Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:42 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Anastasia - sent you a PM
Sent you one back
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:46 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent you one back

Most of my friends have the mirena coil and I would suggest leaving it in until the 5 years is up. They are easy to remove as a friend of mine managed to pull her's out with no problems!!!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Most of my friends have the mirena coil and I would suggest leaving it in until the 5 years is up. They are easy to remove as a friend of mine managed to pull her's out with no problems!!!
Yeah, but what happens when your string has disappeared! Don't laugh, mine has!!! Had a scan to check everything is still in place. So 3 years down the line I have to get someone in Oz to pull it out :scared: Agree about the no periods being great though - that's why I had mine put in.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:49 pm
Professional Princess

:scared:

Pulling it out has just made me cross my legs.

However, they are fantastic, I dont get periods/PMT I get the odd bit of period pain but thats it.

Whoever designed that needs a medal.

Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:56 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
:scared:

Pulling it out has just made me cross my legs.

However, they are fantastic, I dont get periods/PMT I get the odd bit of period pain but thats it.

Whoever designed that needs a medal.

Medal? Yes and No. good for us that we don't have to think about contraception but my other half was going to get snipped and then the doctor told him about the mirena. Guess what he chose!!!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:57 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Yeah, but what happens when your string has disappeared! Don't laugh, mine has!!! Had a scan to check everything is still in place. So 3 years down the line I have to get someone in Oz to pull it out :scared: Agree about the no periods being great though - that's why I had mine put in.

Hubbie can have fun looking for it
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:59 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Medal? Yes and No. good for us that we don't have to think about contraception but my other half was going to get snipped and then the doctor told him about the mirena. Guess what he chose!!!

Cowards......all men that is .......take the easy option (for them ) and leave us with the hardship
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:00 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester

(spits coffee over keyboard) :scared:

Your string has gone????

OMG, is your coil still in the right place? I have heard they can migrate as well and pray it wont happen to mine.

Saying that, I have just had visions of my coil applying for a skills assessment to migrate to another part of my body.

Although why my coil would want to migrate is beyond me, it gets a good quality of life, nice weather and everything.

Shit, what are you going to do without your string? How will they take it out?

Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:51 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

All of a sudden, I've gone off my lunch!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
(spits coffee over keyboard) :scared:

Your string has gone????

OMG, is your coil still in the right place? I have heard they can migrate as well and pray it wont happen to mine.

Saying that, I have just had visions of my coil applying for a skills assessment to migrate to another part of my body.

Although why my coil would want to migrate is beyond me, it gets a good quality of life, nice weather and everything.

Shit, what are you going to do without your string? How will they take it out?
I didn't want to ask that question. Help! I suppose they'll have to put that cold metal thing up, crank it open and fish about with a knitting needle! ? Maybe a crochet hook would be better. I had a scan to check it was all in the right place and it's having the right effect so it must be OK.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

All of a sudden, I've gone off my lunch!
Me too..... :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.