Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

Originally Posted by kiwichild
I c your point but I still think criminal proceedings against them is way over the top for this .
I don't agree with any criminal proceedings against these kids at all. However I wouldn't mind if the police had a word with the kids so that they might not do it again.

What I said was, if the kids were mine, whether or not the police had a word with them, I would still decipline them at home for their behaviour. If they were my own children I would take full responsibility for them, especially when they were wrong to start with.

Mrs JTL
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get a grip UK........

Strange isn’t it that a couple of kids burst a few balloons and immediately they should be locked up in the Tower and executed the next day……….however little twonk Harry can dress up as a Nazi and attend a party and not an eyelid is batted nor comments made about insensitivity and bad taste especially around the anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi death camps.

Seems a bit of overkill to me and the authorities that perpetrated this fiasco should get a grip.

Better still put all the royals up against the wall, do the biz, then all children can burst as many balloons as they wish with impunity.

For kiwichild, here’s looking at you kid and some Easter Sunday karma coming your way.

I thankyou
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:20 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I don't agree with any criminal proceedings against these kids at all. However I wouldn't mind if the police had a word with the kids so that they might not do it again.

What I said was, if the kids were mine, whether or not the police had a word with them, I would still decipline them at home for their behaviour. If they were my own children I would take full responsibility for them, especially when they were wrong to start with.

Mrs JTL
Fair comment
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:22 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get a grip UK........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Strange isn’t it that a couple of kids burst a few balloons and immediately they should be locked up in the Tower and executed the next day……….however little twonk Harry can dress up as a Nazi and attend a party and not an eyelid is batted nor comments made about insensitivity and bad taste especially around the anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi death camps.

Seems a bit of overkill to me and the authorities that perpetrated this fiasco should get a grip.

Better still put all the royals up against the wall, do the biz, then all children can burst as many balloons as they wish with impunity.

For kiwichild, here’s looking at you kid and some Easter Sunday karma coming your way.

I thankyou
Cheers Nice Guy. Enjoy your easter break.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get a grip UK........

Absolutely stunning, what a stupid race we PoMS are.

Have just read this load of nonsense about plonker Charlie has to apologise to the husband of the horse he is knobbing, despite the fact he has been knobbing it for the last 20 odd years (personally I think he is gay and this is all just a front, I also do not believe for one moment that the children that are purported to be his are anything but……….sorry I’m gagging on my own dislike of this awful family).

Incredible is all I can say and the PoMS must be the laughing stock of any civilised country.

If you want to gag then go to

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4385565.stm

I thankyou
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

I thankyou
What a load of bullshit Nice Guy, from what I remember Harry was in the news for ages being critisized & badgered for wearing the stupid uniform & has been told to go on a visit to Auswich to teach him some manners. I'm all with Mrs. JTL for taking responsibility for your children. I think it's quite possible that every man & his dog at this do was security besotted to the max and worried about possible assasins & terrorists & you name it. So when these teens burst those baloons a few cops soiled their pants with worry that they had a "shooter" in the crowd so naturally the reaction was a bit of an over-reaction. Yes, it was some high-jinx, but if you don't know how to behave appropriately at that age, when will you ever learn?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Absolutely stunning, what a stupid race we PoMS are.

Have just read this load of nonsense about plonker Charlie has to apologise to the husband of the horse he is knobbing, despite the fact he has been knobbing it for the last 20 odd years (personally I think he is gay and this is all just a front, I also do not believe for one moment that the children that are purported to be his are anything but……….sorry I’m gagging on my own dislike of this awful family).

Incredible is all I can say and the PoMS must be the laughing stock of any civilised country.

If you want to gag then go to

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4385565.stm

I thankyou

With this post I so completely agree that I had to give some Karma for it and would probably have done it twice if it could be done. What a bunch of hypocrites!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

THEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=sophia]Wow...no wonder everyone is fleeing the UK....just look at what terrible news has befallen the UK now!! My husband is from Wakefield and he is understandably distraught at this level of behaviour and has vowed never to set foot in Wakefield again until more respect has been shown to the monarchy. As we speak he is walking around hanging his head in shame.

teenagers arrested for bursting balloons!

I can't believe this even made the news!!! LMAO!!! the Beeb must have been hard up for news!!

Happy Easter everyone!

love sophia xx[/QUO

Think thats bad?? my 11yr old yes 11 was questioned, read his rights, fingerprinted, photographed and had his DNA taken . We were visited by 2 officers twice, then invited ,YES INVITED to take him to central police station for a police caution.And when i asked what would happen if we refused was told it would go to court and could end up with criminal record!!

Well i bet your wondering just what hes done wrong,THEFT? ASSAULT? NO NO NO ,he pulled a moony whilst out playing with friends. Not a perfect child but certainly no criminal and before anyone says about starting somewhere i challenge anyone to go to your local pubs/clubs and see how many arses you see!!
zero tolerance my arse (sorry about the pun) considering that we have one of the highest rates of car crime and certain areas like my doctors have "beware high assault risk in this area" posters dotted about all over i think the police and courts have enough to sort out besides my son. This waisted hours of police time and our taxpayers money.If we had not been thinking of immigration i would have gone to court and shown these god forsaken laws to be what they really are a lod of B*******.
Exept if your a real criminal that is.
Leanne.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:47 am
Banned

[QUOTE=THEOLIVERS]
Originally Posted by sophia
Wow...no wonder everyone is fleeing the UK....just look at what terrible news has befallen the UK now!! My husband is from Wakefield and he is understandably distraught at this level of behaviour and has vowed never to set foot in Wakefield again until more respect has been shown to the monarchy. As we speak he is walking around hanging his head in shame.

I can't believe this even made the news!!! LMAO!!! the Beeb must have been hard up for news!!

Happy Easter everyone!

love sophia xx[/QUO

Think thats bad?? my 11yr old yes 11 was questioned, read his rights, fingerprinted, photographed and had his DNA taken . We were visited by 2 officers twice, then invited ,YES INVITED to take him to central police station for a police caution.And when i asked what would happen if we refused was told it would go to court and could end up with criminal record!!

Well i bet your wondering just what hes done wrong,THEFT? ASSAULT? NO NO NO ,he pulled a moony whilst out playing with friends. Not a perfect child but certainly no criminal and before anyone says about starting somewhere i challenge anyone to go to your local pubs/clubs and see how many arses you see!!
zero tolerance my arse (sorry about the pun) considering that we have one of the highest rates of car crime and certain areas like my doctors have "beware high assault risk in this area" posters dotted about all over i think the police and courts have enough to sort out besides my son. This waisted hours of police time and our taxpayers money.If we had not been thinking of immigration i would have gone to court and shown these god forsaken laws to be what they really are a lod of B*******.
Leanne.
No criminal record as a juvenille is allowed to be made available to any employer or member of the public. It is kept soley for the judical system so that the courts have records in case of further offending.
Police use "scare tactics" to coerce the unsuspecting into co-operating with them when it suits them, and I would really look into getting his DNA etc records destroyed. Or maybe you have to wait till he is no longer a juvenille to get this done. See a lawyer or social worker.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:51 am
Banned

[QUOTE=THEOLIVERS]
Originally Posted by sophia
Wow...no wonder everyone is fleeing the UK....just look at what terrible news has befallen the UK now!! My husband is from Wakefield and he is understandably distraught at this level of behaviour and has vowed never to set foot in Wakefield again until more respect has been shown to the monarchy. As we speak he is walking around hanging his head in shame.

Happy Easter everyone!

love sophia xx[/QUO

Leanne.
if he wasn't charged with any offence and subsequently brought before the court, I can't see how they can legally procure his fingerprints and DNA etc.
If they have done this without laying any charges, it is indeed very disturbing and needs to be addressed.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

THEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

Originally Posted by kiwichild
if he wasn't charged with any offence and subsequently brought before the court, I can't see how they can legally procure his fingerprints and DNA etc.
If they have done this without laying any charges, it is indeed very disturbing and needs to be addressed.
Forgot to say he was actually charged with SECTION 5 :PUBLIC DISORDER!! Dont get me wrong i dont think moonying is the correct way to go but i think that ther is a big difference with a childrens prank and acriminal act.The big thing for me now is that whatever he does as an adolescent will have a major affect for him now.
thanks for the reply and support
leanne. ps will send some karma.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by THEOLIVERS
Forgot to say he was actually charged with SECTION 5 :PUBLIC DISORDER!! Dont get me wrong i dont think moonying is the correct way to go but i think that ther is a big difference with a childrens prank and acriminal act.The big thing for me now is that whatever he does as an adolescent will have a major affect for him now.
thanks for the reply and support
leanne. ps will send some karma.
Cheers Leanne. I think the quicker what needs to eb said to him is over and done with, and the less a "big deal" is made of it the better. I agree he was just being a bit cheeky (no pun intended ) and that's apart of kids growing up. As I had said to Bay, if some kid was scraping you car with a coin, thats malicious intent and something I'd be more concerned with.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THEOLIVERS

Leanne.
Theres always 2 sides to every tale.

But its interesting to see everyone leaping to the defense of the little abusive kids we have in society today. Then we all wonder, why has society gone down the pan. Kids stealing cars, vandalising houses, happily swearing at seniors in public and mugging them.

Yet if its 'our' kids. Oh, thats different, give him some leeway, hes a bit naughty/special but...

sigh,

JTL
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
PMSL, how ridiculous Sounds like a bit of harmless fun to me, kids will be kids and you'd worry if they didn't ever do silly things.

Just wanted to add this...
A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: "This disturbance was created as the Royal party arrived...the origin of the loud bangs was unclear.

"This could have been a firearm" the spokeswoman added.

I'm afraid i'm for teaching the silly sods a lesson, when theres a royal or high level political visit anywhere, with full anti terrorist security going on, you don't piss about. In these times of hightened security and zero tolerance they deserve what they get.
The police and security services would have had a few hairy moments not knowing exactly what was going on, or if it was a diversion for other attacks.

These acts of crass stupidity are just the same as cracking jokes about having a bomb in your luggage at the airport, how many of us would do that nowadays.

Youthful exhuberance, drink or practical joke the sad fact is that they're no longer tolerated at major events, those halcyon days are over. welcome to the twentyfirst century.

philanthropist
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Lightbulb Re: warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Theres always 2 sides to every tale.

But its interesting to see everyone leaping to the defense of the little abusive kids we have in society today. Then we all wonder, why has society gone down the pan. Kids stealing cars, vandalising houses, happily swearing at seniors in public and mugging them.

Yet if its 'our' kids. Oh, thats different, give him some leeway, hes a bit naughty/special but...

sigh,

JTL
Sorry mate but you have this all wrong,
i am in no way trying to justify the actions of my son (dont actually think i have to as this in my eyes and many others including the 2 police officers who attended was a childs prank) and yes hes had the major disipline at home, the grounding, loss of priviliges BIG talking too. But i think the waste of police time and public money that was used on this incident was incredible.
Im all for respect, and no hes not terrorising the streets as i type . Children and adults should know the difference between accceptable behaviour and not.
Childhood, isnt it a time to live, play and learn?
Is this not the time when we are actually allowed to make mistakes?
(childish ones)
And no, my child doesnt have me making ANY exuse for him being "special or naughty" because hes not ,hes just a "normal" pre teen who got a bit STUPID one day.
Leanne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.