Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

Old Mar 26th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: warning: light hearted and slightly irreverent post alert!

Originally Posted by BAY
I don't think it was wrong to arrest them !

Have you not heard of the zero tolerance approach/theory ? It is these people that do these petty crimes that go on to do more serious crimes. These people need to be taught respect. They will then respect all aspects of society and we will have a better society.

These are the same people who probably see nothing wrong with dropping litter or doing a bit of gaffiti etc etc.
OMG I cant believe what you have said How do you know they dont have respect do you know these kids ? Kids are kids they like to burst balloons they like to do kid things something they dont seem to be aloud to do nowadays in the UK. Im just glad that everyone isnt like you or the kids of today would not bealbe to have some fun they would be put into prison for what acting like kids.

Its hard enough for them without people going over the top.

Ihave 4 kids and yes they have burst balloons omg what have they done arrest them they need to taught respect and they need to be told not to do or they will turn into harden criminals i dont think so

Debs xxxx
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:02 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
OMG I cant believe what you have said How do you know they dont have respect do you know these kids ? Kids are kids they like to burst balloons they like to do kid things something they dont seem to be aloud to do nowadays in the UK. Im just glad that everyone isnt like you or the kids of today would not bealbe to have some fun they would be put into prison for what acting like kids.

Its hard enough for them without people going over the top.

Ihave 4 kids and yes they have burst balloons omg what have they done arrest them they need to taught respect and they need to be told not to do or they will turn into harden criminals i dont think so

Debs xxxx
Good post Debs
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:03 pm
Badge

Nothing wrong with bursting balloons, but if they are provided for public "enjoyment" and decoration, if I was a copper, I would tell kids, especially teenagers, say 14+ to clear off and stop making a nuisance of themselves.

Badge

Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:06 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Nothing wrong with bursting balloons, but if they are provided for public "enjoyment" and decoration, if I was a copper, I would tell kids, especially teenagers, say 14+ to clear off and stop making a nuisance of themselves.

Badge
LOL, and that's about ALL that needs to be done
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Badge

Badge
Yeah i agree with you there Badge thats is all it takes a quick word and tell em to clear off is all it needs not to go as far as arresting them.

Im all for kids to have respect and all that and ive found that if you treat them with respect it will be given back to you. (in most cases i might add not all lol )

Debs xxx
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:13 pm
Banned

Yeah i agree with you there Badge thats is all it takes a quick word and tell em to clear off is all it needs not to go as far as arresting them.

Im all for kids to have respect and all that and ive found that if you treat them with respect it will be given back to you. (in most cases i might add not all lol )

Debs xxx
Yep. In most cases they just need a bit of guidance, not a bloody court case unless it's serious. And how many juveniles in Perth (or other parts of OZ) get bullshit light sentences when they have committed REAL adult crimes like rape or robbery or burglary with violence? That's where the focus should be!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:14 pm
Banned

Debs xxx
Fark Bay and his ballon police patrol LOL
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophia
Wow...no wonder everyone is fleeing the UK....just look at what terrible news has befallen the UK now!! My husband is from Wakefield and he is understandably distraught at this level of behaviour and has vowed never to set foot in Wakefield again until more respect has been shown to the monarchy. As we speak he is walking around hanging his head in shame.

teenagers arrested for bursting balloons!

I can't believe this even made the news!!! LMAO!!! the Beeb must have been hard up for news!!

Happy Easter everyone!

love sophia xx
PMSL, how ridiculous Sounds like a bit of harmless fun to me, kids will be kids and you'd worry if they didn't ever do silly things.

Just wanted to add this...
A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: "This disturbance was created as the Royal party arrived...the origin of the loud bangs was unclear.

"This could have been a firearm" the spokeswoman added.

Last edited by Larissa; Mar 26th 2005 at 1:18 pm. Reason: addition
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Larissa
PMSL, how ridiculous Sounds like a bit of harmless fun to me, kids will be kids and you'd worry if they didn't ever do silly things.

Just wanted to add this...
A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: "This disturbance was created as the Royal party arrived...the origin of the loud bangs was unclear.

"This could have been a firearm" the spokeswoman added.
Can understand their concern reossible firearm BUT REALLY!!! Sounds like the local shire/govt/council whatever thought it somehow brought them into disrepute. Wonder if it had of been any other occaision/event other than the royals if this would have gone so far? Probably not would be my thoughts.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a bit extreme to arrest the kids. But then the police probably let them go after a few questions anyway.

If these were my kids, I wouldn't care if they had already been punished by the police or even the Queen. When they got home, they would still be getting some lecture from the mum and dad for misbehaviour in public. I would tell them bursting balloons which weren't theirs was an unacceptable act. If you don't reprimand them over minor misdemeanours, the next time it could be major.

Mrs JTL
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I think it's a bit extreme to arrest the kids. But then the police probably let them go after a few questions anyway.

If these were my kids, I wouldn't care if they had already been punished by the police or even the Queen. When they got home, they would still be getting some lecture from the mum and dad for misbehaviour in public. I would tell them bursting balloons which weren't theirs was an unacceptable act. If you don't reprimand them over minor misdemeanours, the next time it could be major.

Mrs JTL
I c your point but I still think criminal proceedings against them is way over the top for this .
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Mrs JTL
But do we know the balloons weren't theirs?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Larissa
But do we know the balloons weren't theirs?
OH dear Larissa, What a crime! Guilotine the buggers I say Off with their heads!!!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by kiwichild
OH dear Larissa, What a crime! Guilotine the buggers I say Off with their heads!!!

Thanks for the karma kiwichild...some coming right back at ya!

Glad to see it sparked some conversation tho, the board has been a little dull of late!

love sophia xxx
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sophia
Thanks for the karma kiwichild...some coming right back at ya!

Glad to see it sparked some conversation tho, the board has been a little dull of late!

love sophia xxx
Thanks for the karma back sophia, it;s appreciated and yes it has been a good thread so far I think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.