Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WArning to Barclays users in AUS - PINSentry is here

WArning to Barclays users in AUS - PINSentry is here

Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:59 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WArning to Barclays users in AUS - PINSentry is here

Has anyone rang UK from Aus to activate there new cards with their telephone password etc.?

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Beware of e charges though. I had mess on with Barclays when I was in Aus, due to some duff information given to me. Ended up charging me over 240 quid in charges, then there were the telephone calls at 2am in the morning to the local branch, nightmare.

When I came back, I complained and they refunded my charges and gave me compensation...

Now I have one of those pinsecurity things..what a carry on!!!!
Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
According to the bloke on the internet banking 'help' line when our internet banking had been stopped without telling us, they will stop your account if you take too long to put the number in the computer, or if someone has got a number from it and not used it. Idiots! Every time I use the stupid thing I expect it to not work.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Thanks fro the warning as I too bank with Barclays. Thankfully I've still got time to sort it out before I go. Any recommendations? How about HSBC ? Am I right in thinking I could go to a HSBC cash machine in Perth and withdraw cash from my Uk account? or is that too easy?
i still have my HSBC UK account.... not sure about the withdrawing cash Q though as we dont have a branch here, i only use it for internet banking and buying from Amazon!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:04 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
i still have my HSBC UK account.... not sure about the withdrawing cash Q though as we dont have a branch here, i only use it for internet banking and buying from Amazon!
There's Aussie online HSBC is that not country wide and then you just draw cash out in Woolworths etc.. However, for your UK transfer there would still be charges.