Warning !!!

Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:32 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Warning !!!

Originally Posted by iPom
They waited for you to claim on the insurance and buy new goods... It's quite a common technique, sadly. (Edit: - Which I see Vash already mentioned... )

I'm really sorry this happened to you.

I think I'd wait in with a baseball bat and surprise the bastards.
If you hit him with a baseball bat the police will probably charge you with assualt and the burgular will sue you.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:35 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Have been in Perth two months now and really do love it .... but tonight some cheeky f@*ker has come into our house through the side entrance, past my kids bedrooms (thank god they were asleep) into the kitchen and pinched my purse with all my bank cards, licence etc, mobile phone and ipod .... while we were watching telly !!!

Don't care about the things that got pinched as thats just a mild inconvenience BUT dread to think what could have happened if one of the kids had bumped into whoever ...... anyway the cops have just left but obviously its a case of going through the motions as they will be long gone, just wanted to warn others.

God that sort of thing scares the sh!t out of me! So glad to hear that your kids werent aware of it. Sorry to hear though that your new life has been marred by some tosser who doesnt give a sh!t about anyone else.

Hope they get the bas!ards!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:40 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

A common trick is someone comes to your front door asks some stupid question like " does Barry live here" then they try to keep the conversation going for example by asking for directions to some street,to keep you there while his friend goes around your back door and robs your house.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Jun 20th 2006 at 1:43 am.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:46 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stela
Hi, thanks for that info, that area sounds dreadful :scared: . def wont be going there . The areas we have been looking into are between Newcastle & Sydney coastline, we like the look of a place called cococabana?, has your husband heard of this and its reputation?. Yeah Brisbane is nice place, my best friend lives in Redhill. Sydney is the choice for us, with my husbands job, i hope it goes well for you, and you get your visa soon .

Stela
These areas are some of the worst places for burglary, due to the high population of surfers, alot live on the dole and surf all day, when the dole money runs out they supplement their income in other ways ......... mm
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, how scary!

And by 'coincidence', my friend experienced nearly the same last week, in Dianella(on Mt Lawley side).
There was a guy IN her bedroom! And it's a two story house, and she is upstairs!!

It was around 6am, just before the alarm went off, she saw someone in the room, and mumbled something like 'what are you doing in here'(half asleep). He said back something like 'nothing, go back to sleep', and quickly left.
At that point something must have clicked(like that it wasn't her brother or dad!), and she started screaming(her mum said later that as soon as she heard her screaming, she new something was seriously wrong, and lost her voice temporarily!). But I think by that time he had gone. I don't know if he got away with anything. He came in downstairs via the laundry, but don't know if that was unlocked(I must still ask her all this).

Anyway, the police CAUGHT THE BASTARD!!!!!!
He was a professional, was not from the area. THis was probably his last job of the night, and they were going to pin him on this one, because it's worse to break into someon'e house when there's people inside! (home invasion it's called).
My friend said something about a footprint in the sand, and that she had to make a statement(she probably didn't have to do the lineup thing).
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:38 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Argh, how scary!

And by 'coincidence', my friend experienced nearly the same last week, in Dianella(on Mt Lawley side).
There was a guy IN her bedroom! And it's a two story house, and she is upstairs!!

It was around 6am, just before the alarm went off, she saw someone in the room, and mumbled something like 'what are you doing in here'(half asleep). He said back something like 'nothing, go back to sleep', and quickly left.
At that point something must have clicked(like that it wasn't her brother or dad!), and she started screaming(her mum said later that as soon as she heard her screaming, she new something was seriously wrong, and lost her voice temporarily!). But I think by that time he had gone. I don't know if he got away with anything. He came in downstairs via the laundry, but don't know if that was unlocked(I must still ask her all this).

Anyway, the police CAUGHT THE BASTARD!!!!!!
He was a professional, was not from the area. THis was probably his last job of the night, and they were going to pin him on this one, because it's worse to break into someon'e house when there's people inside! (home invasion it's called).
My friend said something about a footprint in the sand, and that she had to make a statement(she probably didn't have to do the lineup thing).
OMG :scared: glad nobody was hurt and that they caught him !!!

Its the after effects of this sort of thing happening which is really horrible, when you constantly mull it over in your mind regarding the "what if's and could of's" and if anything had happened to my children .....
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:43 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
If you hit him with a baseball bat the police will probably charge you with assualt and the burgular will sue you.
Not if you hit him hard enough then put a knife in his hand . Dead men dont tell tales...................... mm
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts are you, Sel? Is it a built up area?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Not if you hit him hard enough then put a knife in his hand . Dead men dont tell tales...................... mm

Yeah, but get the right hand and make sure the knife's at the right angle... Haven't you seen CSI?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:50 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
Whereabouts are you, Sel? Is it a built up area?
We are renting in Quinns Rocks ...
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:53 am
sel
~~~

These areas are some of the worst places for burglary, due to the high population of surfers, alot live on the dole and surf all day, when the dole money runs out they supplement their income in other ways ......... mm
You've been watching to much "Point Break" .... although suddenly I don't trust my neighbours anymore
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sel
You've been watching to much "Point Break" .... although suddenly I don't trust my neighbours anymore
Yeah great movie, but they were a bit more sophisticated ....these guys will break yer window just for an ash tray full of loose change...........I know...... mm
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:14 am
Banned

Surfers at day, burgulars at night.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stela
Hi, thanks for that info, that area sounds dreadful :scared: . def wont be going there . The areas we have been looking into are between Newcastle & Sydney coastline, we like the look of a place called cococabana?, has your husband heard of this and its reputation?. Yeah Brisbane is nice place, my best friend lives in Redhill. Sydney is the choice for us, with my husbands job, i hope it goes well for you, and you get your visa soon .

Stela
Hi Stela,

Yes, my husband says those areas you are looking at are nice.
We thought that we would have to live in Sydney too (my husband needs to be near a big city for his work) or so he says....I think he just wanted to live near his mum
When we had a look around, we discovered that Brisbane was a work option for him (although the pay is less) but I think the cost of buying a home etc is considerably cheaper so should all work out in the end!!
We are just waiting on our baby's Australian passport now....we have booked flights for 19/08/2006.
Hubby had an interview for a job in Brisbane yesterday morning....they got back to him this morning requesting to contact his references....maybe that's a good sign..?
Do you have visas etc yet.....when are you planning on going??
Tanya
OOPs, probably should have PM'ed you, message a bit long!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:46 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

God - sorry to hear your bad experience.

We are over on a 163 business visa and have a security company, so if anyone requires an alarm, give us a shout!

Chin up. Hope it hasn't put you off of Perth too much. Give that dog a kick

Jules x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.