Warning !!!

Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Re: Warning !!!

Originally Posted by stela
OMG :scared: It must have been So awful for you at that time ,and as you were just starting your new life . where in the north shores did that happen, Are you still in sydney and found a nicer area?. Have been looking into moving out to northshore area. Any good tips on areas much appreciated

Stela
Hi Stela,

We lived in Gordon Avenue, Chatswood (just off the Pacific Highway) We left Aus in Jan 2002 and came back to the UK.
We are now in the process of moving back (but to Brisbane this time!!)
My hubby is from Sydney and said that crime on the lower North shore was very common due to it being a particularly affluent area (the police also told us this at the time) Our neighbours had metal bars on the windows!!!! :scared:
Shortly after we were burgled I was chatting with a couple of patients on my ward who lived in a the same sort of area and many of them had similar horror stories...one told me how her house was robbed by druggies whilst her 9 month old sat in his playpen watching them
When she walked into the room and confronted them, they begged her to let them go as they needed the money so badly for heroin..... nice
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stela
OMG :scared: It must have been So awful for you at that time ,and as you were just starting your new life . where in the north shores did that happen, Are you still in sydney and found a nicer area?. Have been looking into moving out to northshore area. Any good tips on areas much appreciated

Stela

Sorry, I'll just ask hubby about good areas....back in a min
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Sorry, I'll just ask hubby about good areas....back in a min
He says it all depends on how much money you have to spend, and where you need to be.....
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:18 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Have been in Perth two months now and really do love it .... but tonight some cheeky f@*ker has come into our house through the side entrance, past my kids bedrooms (thank god they were asleep) into the kitchen and pinched my purse with all my bank cards, licence etc, mobile phone and ipod .... while we were watching telly !!!

Don't care about the things that got pinched as thats just a mild inconvenience BUT dread to think what could have happened if one of the kids had bumped into whoever ...... anyway the cops have just left but obviously its a case of going through the motions as they will be long gone, just wanted to warn others.
God what a nightmare for you, makes you go cold doesn't it We were in WA last week and we were saying how the houses didn't seem very secure - was a bit of a worry, especially as my brother in law smokes and kept going outside for a smoke and then coming in and not locking door!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:42 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Warning !!!

Then guess what!!?, the b******ds came back 6 months later to the day and did the same again...whilst we were getting married
Same thing happened to a couple of my mates in Victoria Park; apparently it is not uncommon for the thief (or thieves) to wait a few months for the insurance to come through, then pop round to nick all the new stuff.

Bugger of a thing to happen; you have my sympathy.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Same thing happened to a couple of my mates in Victoria Park; apparently it is not uncommon for the thief (or thieves) to wait a few months for the insurance to come through, then pop round to nick all the new stuff.

Bugger of a thing to happen; you have my sympathy.
Yes, we were told that too...as we were moving back, we didn't bother replacing much from the time time.....they trashed the place again...but when we checked they'd only pinched a packet of Oreos. hehehe
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, we were told that too...as we were moving back, we didn't bother replacing much from the time time.....they trashed the place again...but when we checked they'd only pinched a packet of Oreos. hehehe
whoops, sorry, meant to say 'first time'
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:48 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Warning !!!

LOL!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Then guess what!!?, the b******ds came back 6 months later to the day and did the same again...whilst we were getting married
I feel for you.

They waited for you to claim on the insurance and buy new goods... It's quite a common technique, sadly. (Edit: - Which I see Vash already mentioned... )

I'm really sorry this happened to you.

I think I'd wait in with a baseball bat and surprise the bastards.

Last edited by iPom; Jun 19th 2006 at 11:32 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice

Hi, thanks for that info, that area sounds dreadful :scared: . def wont be going there . The areas we have been looking into are between Newcastle & Sydney coastline, we like the look of a place called cococabana?, has your husband heard of this and its reputation?. Yeah Brisbane is nice place, my best friend lives in Redhill. Sydney is the choice for us, with my husbands job, i hope it goes well for you, and you get your visa soon .

Stela
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Oh I will !!! it is like Fort knox .... NOW
Do you not have a lockable screen door outside the proper door? We have one, so when the washing or drying's happening, the main door is open but the screen door is locked but the room is still ventilated.

Really sorry about the burglary. It doesn't bear thinking about with children in the house. Mind you at least they shouldn't be traumatised by it.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 20th 2006 at 12:13 am.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:41 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Do you not have a lockable screen door outside the proper door? We have one, so when the washing or drying's happening, the main door is open but the screen door is locked but the room is still ventilated.

Really sorry about the burglary. It doesn't bear thinking about with children in the house. Mind you at least they shouldn't be traumatised by it.
We have a screen door but it doesnt lock ...
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
bummer. Can you have one fitted somehow?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:46 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel

Could you attach one? I should think Bunnings would be able to sort that.

If you're in a rental, ask the landlord to secure it for you....
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:48 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Could you attach one? I should think Bunnings would be able to sort that.

If you're in a rental, ask the landlord to secure it for you....
We are in a rental and the moment it hits 9am I will be on the phone to agent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.