Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

scoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

I apologies for my dad's awful jokes (such as sub-tropical and striding), we had not actually done much research on wellington before the show as we were going to move somewhere else. The filming was long and we did find Kapiti too far out. After visiting Wellington we have decided we quite like it but would like to be much closer to Wellington as its the size of a UK town. They showed us really bad houses apart from one. We went looking round different place in the following week and we found areas we preferred and much nicer houses.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by isgraham
Because it's fun to watch prospective migrants falling for the lifestyle is great bullshit then see that they can afford exactly bugger all in Australia.
Or is the fun in watching internet forum users falling for the bullshit that the editing team would have you believe?
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I know this has nothing to do with wanted down under but does anyone know if relocation phil down under is on this year,i see the repeats are showing on tv now but wondering if they have the new shows coming soon,cant seem to find if there is,and would be good to know so i can record them if missed
Old Jan 18th 2012, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Dingle76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Scoe very interesting to hear your points as I have just watched your episode from yesterday when you went to NZ.

I really felt for your Dad as business had become some quiet in the UK but then NZ was not what he had thought it was (in terms of climate etc) by the sound of it. He seemed very torn, wanting more work but really wanting to stay in the UK.

Straight away though I did wonder whether your Mum would be going irrelevant of what your Dad thought. I hope you all achieve what you are looking for either way
Old Jan 18th 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Dingle76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brian I saw it on the TV listings this morning and I am presuming it's a new series (filmed over the Aussie summer) and not last years repeat.

Think it was on a "normal" channel at about 10am.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Si T
Very quick question.

If the programme bothers many of you that much then why keep watching? Looks like The Beeb have achieved what they were after eh?
Exactly what I was thinking! I've watched the last 3 series of Wanted Down Under and know exactly what to expect. Yes the presenter is so irritating with her cheesy over-dramatic commentary and yes the naivety of some of the families featured is frustrating, but I know to expect that. Having read the comments on here of families that have participated in the programme, I know that they are at the mercy of the editing team who make it their mission to create as much drama as is humanly possible. I also know that most families that participate know this and so can't really complain about it. In saying all that I still watch because I move to Oz in August and want to soak up anything Oz-related in the interim, good or bad. Of course there are much better informed people out there - especially all of you who have made the move to Oz already but no-one is forcing you to watch. Sorry - bit of a rant there!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I think some people are taking the thread too seriously. I watched the Sydney one last night and we chuckled and rolled our eyes that someone could think they would get a house on that budget. Doesn't mean we don't like watching the program or should not be allowed to watch it.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I think some people are taking the thread too seriously. I watched the Sydney one last night and we chuckled and rolled our eyes that someone could think they would get a house on that budget. Doesn't mean we don't like watching the program or should not be allowed to watch it.
I totally agree with you Bermuda and wasn't suggesting you shouldn't be watching it. I was simply agreeing with the comment of a previous poster (and particpant in the show) that those getting so annoyed by it should switch off. I agree, it is light entertainment and shouldn't be taken too seriously. It is what it is - and in my opinion that is quite limited.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mazza12
I totally agree with you Bermuda and wasn't suggesting you shouldn't be watching it. I was simply agreeing with the comment of a previous poster (and particpant in the show) that those getting so annoyed by it should switch off. I agree, it is light entertainment and shouldn't be taken too seriously. It is what it is - and in my opinion that is quite limited.
I actually wondered what the hell the production team were doing sending a newly qualified nurse and a firefighter who can't work in Aus, to Sydney?
I don't think the families choose where they go.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:24 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

What do you use to watch the Beeb? Someone send me a link ages ago on FB but I've lost it...

ta!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Hiya,

What do you use to watch the Beeb? Someone send me a link ages ago on FB but I've lost it...

ta!
I watch on youtube
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Hiya,

ta!
I have installed expat shield and then download from bbc iplayer.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Lucie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If today's family said they love their house in the uk and could see their family growing up in their home and they have good community they love living in.

So why bother applying to go on the show ? Sure there are many other families who would have loved the chance !
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

It just makes me laugh that they use current exchange rates. It's just not realistic.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
It just makes me laugh that they use current exchange rates. It's just not realistic.
Of course it is in the context of them bringing housesale proceeds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.