Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waiting On Dima Now, Hope To Move By Sept 07

Waiting On Dima Now, Hope To Move By Sept 07

Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

PAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant future
Default Waiting On Dima Now, Hope To Move By Sept 07

HI

NERVOUS EXCITED LOTS OF OTHER FEELINGS, HOWEVER WHY NOT ITS WORTH A TRY, MY WIFE AND THREE KIDS HOPE TO SETTLE IN BRISBANE, I AM AN ELECTRICIAN AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING RE TRAINING IE ON REGS ETC ON ARRIVAL IN AUSTRALIA. I HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL NEED TO GO TO ADULT EDUCATION AND STUDY AND WORK FOR 90 HOURS WITH ANOTHER SPARKY? TRUE OR NOT TRUE, NOT QUITE SURE, NO ONE SEEMS ABLE TO TELL ME. I WANT TO ACHIEVE A CERTIFICATE/LICENCE TO ALLOW ME TO PRACTICE IN BRISBANE AND OTHER AREAS TOO. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCES.

ANYWAY, SIT TIGHT AND WAIT. WE ONLY PUT OUR TRA APPLICATION IN OCT AND THIS WAS ACCEPTED AND A LETTER ON OUR DOOR MAT WITHIN A MONTH 17 NOVEMBER TRA PASSED US. DIMA HAVE HAD OUR APPLICATION SINCE THEN AND LODGED AND NOW AN EMAIL CONFIRMING OUR APPLICATION WITH THEM, SHOULD REQUEST US FOR MEDICALS AND POLICE CHECKING WITHIN 6 MONTHS. HOORAY, -----AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. THANKS

GLENN AND CATHY PAYNE
Old Jan 10th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

sarah34 has a brilliant futuresarah34 has a brilliant futuresarah34 has a brilliant futuresarah34 has a brilliant futuresarah34 has a brilliant futuresarah34 has a brilliant futuresarah34 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Waiting On Dima Now, Hope To Move By Sept 07

Originally Posted by PAYNESINOZ
HI

NERVOUS EXCITED LOTS OF OTHER FEELINGS, HOWEVER WHY NOT ITS WORTH A TRY, MY WIFE AND THREE KIDS HOPE TO SETTLE IN BRISBANE, I AM AN ELECTRICIAN AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING RE TRAINING IE ON REGS ETC ON ARRIVAL IN AUSTRALIA. I HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL NEED TO GO TO ADULT EDUCATION AND STUDY AND WORK FOR 90 HOURS WITH ANOTHER SPARKY? TRUE OR NOT TRUE, NOT QUITE SURE, NO ONE SEEMS ABLE TO TELL ME. I WANT TO ACHIEVE A CERTIFICATE/LICENCE TO ALLOW ME TO PRACTICE IN BRISBANE AND OTHER AREAS TOO. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCES.

ANYWAY, SIT TIGHT AND WAIT. WE ONLY PUT OUR TRA APPLICATION IN OCT AND THIS WAS ACCEPTED AND A LETTER ON OUR DOOR MAT WITHIN A MONTH 17 NOVEMBER TRA PASSED US. DIMA HAVE HAD OUR APPLICATION SINCE THEN AND LODGED AND NOW AN EMAIL CONFIRMING OUR APPLICATION WITH THEM, SHOULD REQUEST US FOR MEDICALS AND POLICE CHECKING WITHIN 6 MONTHS. HOORAY, -----AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. THANKS

GLENN AND CATHY PAYNE

Welcome to BE we also a family of 5 heading to brisbane.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

HI

GLENN AND CATHY PAYNE
Hi,

We are new here, you are on about the same time line as us good luck let me know when you get a CO and I ll do like wise.

Amanda
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We're new to this site but just wanted to say good luck. You seem to be at about the same stage as us. We had a successful TRA result in November and are just waiting for confirmation from DIMA that they've received our app. Also want to be gone around September time before our son is due to start school here. Good luck again and hope you're successful!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck guys,
So excited isn't it.....

Getting really sad now watchin everything OZ on TV.

Dont forget to watch OZ program on tv mon 15th through to fri on bbc at 9:15am,

That bird Nadia is presenting a show about British families experiencing ozzy life for 2 weeks,, meant to be really good.

Set the VCR or whatever.. Watch it and get excited! mmmmmmmm Australia!!

love to All Oz wannabe's

S-j x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 6:38 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

[quote=PAYNESINOZ;4268402] HI

GLENN AND CATHY PAYNE[/quote

Hi there

Congratulations and hope every goes to plan, were just starting the process, im also a sparky with three kids and have found that we face a twelve week course to obtain a licence (A class ) to be able to do the job weve done for years if we dont have this then we cant work as sparkys the course consists of 4 parts 1. written 2.testing.3. fault finding 4. regulations,and costs around $400 dollors and theres a 3 month waiting at present, ive heard that the pass rate is also very low in the south dont ask why i never asked that myself.

regards

martin
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

HI

GLENN AND CATHY PAYNE
hi,im new to all of this and i have been reading about every ones experiences and i was just wondering,we have had our tra passed in october and had email in dec to confirm visa acknowledgment ( fees all taken ) all this and no letters, should we have this, as the migration agency have so far been prompt,answered emails,no probs, but no real confirmation in writing,

can you or any one put my mind at rest,
regards
saralou
Old Jan 14th 2007, 5:39 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

we are also hoping to have the permanent visa through around september If you find out any more info relating to electrical courses and trade assessments let me know hubby is same.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

PAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant futurePAYNESINOZ has a brilliant future

hi there again,

(not sure how to reply on listing so hope this comes out ok and in the right place on thread!!)

To answer the previous but one question in the list, our case was lodged with our agent on 16th October in London, Global Visas, after taking only three weeks to prep our case, we then on our door mat in the UK received an acknowledgement from TRA on the 17th November 06 confirming acceptance, as general electrician. Oh my god less than a month. Lodged with DIMA 29 November 06, and acknowledged by agent. Acknowledged by DIMA by email to agent in Jan 07.
It may or may help this is what our agent stated I quote:

We have received an email advising that your application has been
received by DIMA and has been allocated a file reference number. In
line with information from DIMA we advise that it is likely to be
approximately 6 months before we receive a request for further
information, such as police reports and medicals.

So I presumme as they have been correct all along so far, that this is pretty accurate, however they have stated it may still be sooner because Glenn's an Electrician. So we will let you know.

Anyone yet know where in Brisbane they may be going?

Cathy